Players: Suggest how to make "kind of meh" characters viable

Just post your suggestions, I'm curious what you guys come up with icon_e_smile.gif

Here are some of mine:

Psylocke:
Convert her redflag.png to purpleflag.png .

Black Widow (Grey Suit)
Sniper Rifle - Black 15 AP
Black Widow uses an accurate, long range rifle to shoot a location on the board, clearing a reticle shaped pattern. She deals damage for each tile destroyed and an additional 355 damage to the current target.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: +25% base damage. Costs 16 AP.
Level 3: Destroys more tiles. Costs 17 AP.
Level 4: +25% base damage. Costs 18 AP.
Level 5: Damages all enemies. Costs 19 AP.
Max Level: 3336 + tile damage

Avoid - Blue Passive
(PASSIVE) If there are more than 8 Blue tiles on the board, Black Widow leaps out of the way of attacks, moving to the back of the team.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Requires 7 Blue tiles.
Level 3: Requires 6 Blue tiles.
Level 4: Requires 5 Blue tiles.
Level 5: Requires 4 Blue tiles.

Deceptive Tactics - Purple 11 AP
Black Widow eliminates potential enemy assets while preparing her own attack. Converts 2 basic color tiles (except for Black) into Black tiles.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: +1 target tile.
Level 3: +1 target tile..
Level 4: +1 target tile.
Level 5: +1 target tile.

Steve Rogers:
:yellowflag: Sentinel of Liberty; Reduce cost to 9 Yellow AP, reduce amount of protect tiles created by one and make it so that only yellow tiles can be converted.

Deadpool:
Add minor passive regeneration to his blackflag.png .

Invisible Woman:
Reduce cost of her blueflag.png to 9 and make it so that only effects of enemy special tiles get suppressed. Make her yellowflag.png target any chosen tile on the board and stay hidden (like a trap tile).

Loki:
New greenflag.png power: "Sinister Plot"

Using wits and shrewdness to deceive his enemies, Loki manipulates events from behind the shadows and prepares his foes demise. Places a hidden green countdown tile that will deal heavy damage upon activation.

Captain Marvel:
Change her front-row art!!

Oh and maybe make her redflag.png target all special tiles.

She-Hulk:
:blueflag: won't effect friendly strike tiles created by Settlement. Change greenflag.png to always target the opponents largest AP pools.

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Psylocke: yeah why not, need more 3* purple moves

GSBW:
    I see this as a nerf since deceptive tactics is the ONLY power in the game that lets you place the ever coveted green tiles wherever you want on the board similar to 2* mag's polarity shift letting you quickly gather up green for GSBW or maybe another green user and there aren't as many good black powers as there are green so green is the more valuable color.

they will never give us avoid as a passive on another character, devs said its because the passive was weird and didn't always work but we all know its because it could cut down on health pack use for hawkeye if he got to keep it. that said if pistol had its AP cost lowered a tad and switched from red to blue that would make her more interesting as the game doesn't have a G/B/P character yet and there are already much much better red power for the cost.
    CA: yeah why not

DP: would have to be very minor like no more than 200 HP

IW:
    -9 would be too cheap for blue, has to be 10-11 or else they have to nerf the **** out of the protect tile it makes.
    -change to yellow would be too damn OP, character would be practically invincible unless you get super lucky which is not fair at all, cost should just be lowered to 16 yellow so it goes 15/14/13/12 on rank up
    -green needs to have "doesn't end the turn" at rank 5 like twin pistols
  • Bullseye

Muderous Aim: Now only costs 10 black. Transforms a single targeted tile into a critical tile. If you target a special tile, the tile instead explodes, destroying the surrounding tiles and granting AP.

Add a new passive: Priority Targets: Deal bonus damage whenever you match any special tile.
  • I would just make LCap yellow cost 12 and randomly convert tiles into yellow protect tiles. Kind of like Avengers Assemble at its base.
  • It is sad that Fury is better at being Captain America than Cap. Truly.

Psylocke should convert her blueflag.png to purpleflag.png, not redflag.png. Red is for beatface, purple is for AP steal.

Spiderman: Give him Storm's yellowflag.png , call it Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman, and make his healing ability DIAF.

Storm: Change yellowflag.png (because it's Spiderman's now) to Cyclone. Destroys all blue tiles on the board (callback to 2* Storm kinda), doing X damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    SPIDER-MAN should have the passive avoid. That's the nature of a Spider-Sense. Not some silly protect tiles. I would give him a passive riposte equal to match damage of his most powerful color, if maxed. Think about it. We see Spider-Man do it ALL the time in comics and in TV. He reacts faster than the attacker, and attacks back.

GSBW is fine. Leave her alone. Seriously. She's squishy compared to MANY 3*, and especially squishy to 4* like Fury and XFW.

Cap Both 2* and 3* need a cost reduction on the yellow. Even if it was 15 vs 19, it'd still be a huge improvement. Either you reduce the cost or add another yellow. I'd love to be able to place 5 yellow tiles. It'd change how we build Thor. More of us would spec 5 Red, so as to propagate more yellow.
  • MarcusGraves
    ronin-san wrote:
    Cap Both 2* and 3* need a cost reduction on the yellow. Even if it was 15 vs 19, it'd still be a huge improvement. Either you reduce the cost or add another yellow. I'd love to be able to place 5 yellow tiles. It'd change how we build Thor. More of us would spec 5 Red, so as to propagate more yellow.

thor's red is 3 yellow tiles at all ranks so builds won't change
  • This is a variant of something I saw somewhere, forget who posted it.

Ironman 40 yellowflag.png AP 6
    Recharges weapon systems. Drain's all your yellow. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Each Countdown tile also restores 3 Blue AP if you had 8 Yellow.
    Level 3: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Green AP if you had 10 Yellow.
    Level 4: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Purple AP if you had 12 Yellow.
    Level 5: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Black AP if you had 14 Yellow.

Takes all your yellow to cast, similar to Ares Onslaught for green, but has a variant effect based on how much yellow you had. May not be enough to push some people off of 5/5/3 but it would put an end to the 5/5/1 builds at the very least.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    She-Hulk:
    blueflag.png - Target friendly tiles only after all the available enemy tiles have been targeted already. That is, if there are 2 or less enemy tiles but there are other friendly tiles. The rest - cost, types of special tiles - doesn't need change.
    Beast:
    blueflag.png - Make his blue CD tile generate 4 special tiles on any basic tiles, not just surrounding ones, just like Molotov Cocktail does. Make them blue and collapse the CD tile.
  • At some point maybe they will notice modern America Red is slightly underpowered and get small buff, kinda around 100%. They missed that when making lazy version though so unlikely it will ever be usable hero.
  • I thought Loki could have a red ability that's like 10 AP where you pick a color, it destroys all of one color on the board, and then whatever color you picked last is now what AP it takes. So first time it's ten red AP, you pick to destroy all blue, now it's 10 blue AP. Kinda plays up his chaotic side and allows you to deny characters access to their needed color.
    I also feel like he should get a black AP for every match made with his purple mix up move to better power his black to fight Daken/Patches strike tiles.
  • ronin_san
    Thor's red is 3 yellow tiles at all ranks so builds won't change

Then that's problem 1. There are PLENTY of ways to generate greens. Can we get some ways to generate yellows? Let's start with Thor.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    If like to see some changes to Rags. His red is fine but the green should make more dmg or be placable.

And he needs a 3rd skill, something appropriate for Ragnarok like

Wrath of the Vikings

End of the world
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Lerysh wrote:
    Spiderman: Give him Storm's yellowflag.png , call it Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman, and make his healing ability DIAF.

I think this is a fantastic idea!
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Loki: First of all, drop the cost of trickery to a max of 9. That alone will make him a LOT scarier for people who play strike tile spam teams. Also, give it a secondary effect of a small AP drain if there are no protect or strike tiles to swap. also, 3rd ability, Chaos: random 1 turn countdown tile that, upon activation will destroy all other tiles of that colour, without generating AP. level 5 would either add the bonus of either countdown placement, or does add AP. Loki should never have a straight up big attack.

Daredevil: remove the colour requirements for the type of trap tiles being placed, so all three are random trap tiles. Lower the base damage of Ambush by 50% and have it place 3 trap tiles, and increase the damage if you match to be 15% of the enemy match damage (3856 if enemy matches trap, 578 if you do). Drop the cost of Radar sense to 8, place 2 traps, increase the AP stolen if you match the trap from 1 to 2 and have it steal the enemies strongest colour instead of just purple. for Equalizer, instead of generating blue AP upon you matching it, have it move and leave a protect tile in its place. Daredevil gets to keep his trap mechanics, but also has some level of interesting effectiveness while you wait for them to maybe go off. also...more traps. Seriously. for a character built ENTIRELY around them, he should be generating way more per ability, or having each synergize with each other (ie have some secondary effect based on the number of trap tiles present)

IM40:
    Unibeam: drop the AP drain, add the effect of destroying a selected column of tiles for no AP gen, and boost the damage by 20%
    Ballistic Salvo: remove stun, replace with dropping the AP drain to 0, and increase the number of tiles destroyed to 6 and generate ap.

Doom: new purple ability, Master Tactician: convert an increasing number of enemy special tiles (up to 5) into strike tiles. if no viable tiles exist, deals moderate damage to enemy team
  • ronin_san
    Loki initially had a "Forest fire", or something, that turned greens into purples. He should have that.
    OR, he could have a "frost giant lineage" sort of ability that turns x tiles blue.
    Personally, I think he needs a Fastball Special like ability where he forces enemy team member to commit fratricide.

Bullseye should have a "I never miss" passive. He should do double match damage when he matches 4 of a kind. As you put more covers into it, it should cover more colors, to include his 3 color strengths.
    At 5 covers, it should grant a free turn when a 4 of a kind is matched in his primary colors.

HULK is NOT the strongest there is, and that's a problem. He's the grumpiest. His anger, instead of hurting you and the enemy team, should drop a countdown tile that makes Hulk do more damage. If he settles down, he's not *as* strong.

Cyclops / Captain America Yeah yeah, no Cyclops. I'm sure he'll drop eventually. Say we drop a Leadership tile instead of random protect tile. Both of these guys are true leaders, and should be able to rally their team (attack tiles or countdown leadership - attack plus tiles). And can we please get a discount on Cap's yellow?
  • Just put this in the IM40 thread, thought I would repost it here. In addition to the Recharge chage I mentioned above, If I was redesigning IM40, I would have Unibeam cost 9, Ballistic Salvo cost 14, and Recharge cost 6 min but takes all your yellow to use with additional costs as you gain more yellow AP for additional effects by adding additional covers. Unibeam and Ballistic Salvo would NOT drain Yellow, Red, or Blue AP. At the respective cover levels they drain 4, 3 or 2 Green Black Purple Teamup. Don't change the damage numbers at all. This brings the cost for Unibeam to 9 to 17 depending on AP and Ballistic Salvo to 14 to 22. Damage per AP then is between 3559/9 = 395.4 and 3559/17 = 209.3 for Unibeam and (2669*3)/14 = 571.9 and (2669*3)/22 = 364 for Ballistic Salvo. This includes the stipulation that boosting to 6 red then matching a red to get 3559 damage on turn 2 isn't actually broken for him, it's strategy. If that stipulation makes you uncomfortable, then make Unibeam cost 10.
  • MarcusGraves
    ronin-san wrote:

HULK is NOT the strongest there is, and that's a problem. He's the grumpiest. His anger, instead of hurting you and the enemy team, should drop a countdown tile that makes Hulk do more damage. If he settles down, he's not *as* strong.

anger is one of the best and deadliest passives in the game currently, this would actually make it weaker. triggering 1 rank 5 anger is dangerous, trigger 2 hulk will reach cross the screen and **** slap your team and if you ever are unlucky enough to make 3 go off in one turn you best be ready to use some health packs.

the enemy team damage adds up, the self damage to your team is minimal and its the best counter to strike tiles in the game.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:

anger is one of the best and deadliest passives in the game currently, this would actually make it weaker. triggering 1 rank 5 anger is dangerous, trigger 2 hulk will reach cross the screen and **** slap your team and if you ever are unlucky enough to make 3 go off in one turn you best be ready to use some health packs.

the enemy team damage adds up, the self damage to your team is minimal and its the best counter to strike tiles in the game.

This is Sooo true. Pi $$ Hulk off with 2 or, god help you 3, angers and you will be very sorry. That is, if you survive.

In a recent match I was against Hulk, Thor, and IM40. I anger Hulk with 2 angers, then Thor hit Thunder Strike. All that caused massive cascades AND gave the enemy team about a kajillion green Ap. Which Thor then used for 3 CotS in a row. Of course the the 2nd one killed off the last of my team, so the 3rd was just showing off.

Point is, DO ... NOT ... PI $$ ... OFF ... THE ... BIG GUY !
  • Moonstone: See the last few posts in the Moonstone character thread.

Captain America **: Drop yellow to 12 AP.

Red becomes a Shield Toss like move . You throw the shield, it destroys a tile. As you level it up, the shield "ricochets" off tiles of the color you picked, destroying those same colored tiles in an area. Max level it destroys up to 5 tiles of whatever color you target in an area say the size of GSBW's level 1 Sniper Rifle, this includes any special tiles, strike tiles, defense tiles or teamup tokens. Does NOT generate AP, but does damage based on number of destroyed tiles.

Blue becomes the a Charging Star like move CaptAmer_ChargStar_23f.gif: basically the horizontal equivalent of Ragnarok's "Godlike Power", damage increases and AP use decreases as you level it.

The names of the moves stay the same, of course!
  • Turn Beast countdown into punisher countdown icon_e_wink.gif