Character Discussion Meta-Banter (Quick Links Index)

Options

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks arktos for compiling this!

I was wondering how long i took to cover max Capt Marvel, and i remember this thread, and found the info i needed!

So I took 3 months and 1 week to cover Capt Marvel. I didn't grind for her when she was released, and she wasn't in the heroic tokens for the longest of time.

I think 3 months is a decent time frame for ppl to cover max a character, assuming the person don't pay for the covers outright. (of course, i am considered a veteran player so i could get the top spots in the brackets, so a 2* transitioning player would probably take longer)
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does anyone know a good site to find a list of the various heroes in the order they released (possibly with actually release dates)?

I've done some google searches, but I can't come up with anything.
  • I made one, it is here. It needs updating though. I've been so busy with the game I could not do it.
  • Glad I could help.

Collecting can mean collecting info too icon_e_wink.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Updated for Season 13, the following characters (excluding any appearance in the "daily" rewards and Deadpool’s Daily Quest) are not currently appearing in tokens and events.

All characters are 3* unless otherwise noted.

Current Character Absences
    Character: Absence
    Beast: From Season 10
    Black Panther: From Season 9
    Blade: From Season 13
    Captain Marvel: From Season 11
    Colossus: From Season 10
    Deadpool: From Season 12
    Doctor Octopus: From Season 10
    Hood: From Season 13
    Falcon: From Season 12
    Psylocke: From Season 9
    Rocket & Groot: From Season 13
    Sentry: From Season 12
    She-Hulk: From Season 10
    Spider-Man: From Season 12
    Storm: From Season 13
    Wolverine: From Season 13

Spider-Man (Bag-Man) (2*): indefinite; still available from match rewards

Characters currently in tokens and events
    Black Widow
    Captain America
    Cyclops
    Daken
    Daredevil
    Doctor Doom
    Gamora
    Hulk
    Human Torch
    Iron Man
    Iron Fist
    Kamala Khan
    Loki
    Luke Cage
    Magneto
    Mystique
    Punisher
    Ragnarok
    Squirrel Girl
    Thor

Previous Character Absences
    Character: Absence
    Black Widow: Seasons 9 – 11
    Captain America: Seasons 11 - 12
    Daken: Seasons 9 – 11
    Daredevil: Seasons 7 – 8
    Doctor Doom: Seasons 7 – 9
    Hulk: Seasons 11 - 12
    Human Torch: Seasons 7 – 9
    Iron Man: Seasons 9 - 12
    Loki: Seasons 7 – 8
    Magneto: Seasons 8 – 10
    Punisher: Seasons 7 – 9
    Ragnarok: Seasons 7 - 12
    Thor: Seasons 8 – 10
    Wolverine: Seasons 7 – 8

Season 13 - From early April 2015
    Season 12 – From early March
    Season 11 – From early/mid-February
    Season 10 – From early/mid-January
    Season 9 – From mid-December 2014
    Season 8 – From mid-November
    Season 7 – From mid-October
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This topic is an on-going list of what characters are rotated in and out of tokens (and related information). Please to not attempt to carry a discussion in this thread. Any posts beyond this one will be moved to an appropriate place (or deleted if such a place does not exist).

And before anyone asks, I can't lock the thread and let yogi_ continue maintaining it.
  • yogi_
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Once characters have been rebalanced, would it be useful to delete or reset their best build polls?

I thought of this when looking briefly at Sentry earlier. Though any number of options previously, best build now seems to be 5/3/5 but most people will never update their results, so might just be easier to start again.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hear, hear! These polls are perhaps one of the most useful at-a-glance resources on the forum. I am quite sure many and more people would like to get the chance to see how re-released characters play out among the initiated around these parts.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Updated for Season 13. Should you wish to discuss, please do so here.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This thread can be unstickied now.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People posting "placeholder" threads before we know anything hence before we can make a poll on how people like to cover the characters is the new "first!!!" of these forums.

It is pretty useful to be able to look at those polls at a quick glance at what people think instead of reading pages of discussions.

I know the wiki has some them too sometimes but they don't seem as good as the ones here.

Can the mods add a poll after a thread has been created?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I PMed Gothic about it a while ago, he added in polls to those that didn't have them, but no one's doing it as a matter of course. It would be a very nice thing to have.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Mods? What do you think?

It can be a little tricky trying to find a character sometimes, so, if I am looking for a 3* character, I click into that sub forum and there they all are, etc. etc.

Not sure what you would do with the remainder of the pages - all of which will be months old now - maybe "Need help with roster" threads can go in here, over "Tips and Guides".
  • Unknown
    Options
    Given that the Compendium exists and is once again being updated by Nonce, I don't think a sub forum is needed. We basically have an Index that has powers listed, points to topic threads, and wiki links.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Given that the Compendium exists and is once again being updated by Nonce, I don't think a sub forum is needed. We basically have an Index that has powers listed, points to topic threads, and wiki links.
    I know and agree to a large extent and use this when I have to find someone, but this "workaround" (as such) isn't really clear or obvious unless you are a frequent visitor to the forums and/or happen to click into that thread. A sub forum would be easier for someone to navigate.

Surely both could be used - subforums just tidy everything up and you still have your overall list.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would suggest using the Character Rankings: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=29852

The OP provided a link to every characters discussion page. That's what I have been using as it can be difficult looking for a specific character at times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's not a horrible idea. I'd be against it personally because I keep track of this subforum and like to see every new post without having to browse 2-3 sub sub forums. Further, people looking for 1-2* information are generally served better by the wikia.
  • yogi_
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    It's not a horrible idea. I'd be against it personally because I keep track of this subforum and like to see every new post without having to browse 2-3 sub sub forums.
    To be honest, this was a hesitation that I had as well. One on hand it's easier to get an overall update on things but subforums exist to help categorise, so I thought putting each one into their star directories, could be beneficial.

Right now, if I was looking for something on 2* HT and didn't know about the overall list, I'd have to manually filter to page 6 of this main forum, page 5 for 1* Storm or 3* Rags - as opposed to the first or sometimes second page of a subforum.

Having said that, even if I did know about the overall list and was looking for something on 2* HT, it's still probably easier to go straight to the 2* subforum. I also would see the latest discusssions on other characters at the 2* level that I was looking at, uninterupted by 4* characters who maybe I had only a few covers of, etc. etc.

It means a few more clicks (minor inconvenience - or if you use the lists, no change) for regular forumers but likely far easier for the lurking mass and infrequent posters who in all likelihood, use the information much more than we realise.

You could even do 3 subforums if you wanted - a combined 1*/2*, a 3* and a 4*.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Just bumping this up for a Mod to-do.

When you have time, look at each character's thread for their build poll and if a character has ever been reworked (or doesn't have a poll), could they reset it completely / make one? Moonstone, Sentry, Ares, maybe She-Hulk first come to mind.

K, thanks!