ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Options

Comments

• unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Options
    Guys and gals..
    thanks for the efforts that you've put in so far. let's continue the good roll so far.

Dante, Fae, Mac, Delegibus, and DG..
    a little bit more on the PVE is appreciated.
    icon_e_smile.gif
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sorry my performance has lagged. Mystwalker and I have complete opposite reactions to stress. He hyper-focuses so he can just sit down to play MPQ and plow through everything. My attention span becomes miniscule. I can't do anything for more than a few minutes at a time. It's not very conducive to serious playing. Then I dropped my phone yesterday morning and totally destroyed it. I now have an amazing tablet. MPQ is huge . . . and fast.

We are all really happy to be moving to a new place - we just wish it was already done. Everyone is excited about the new place. It seems weird to most people but we really prefer living in an apartment. Friday is when the movers do their thing. We have a bunch of appliances to sell as the new apartment comes with a refrigerator and microwave and there isn't any place to put a freezer. The refrigerator isn't as nice as our kitchen one and Mystwalker insisted on getting me an ice crusher so I could continue to have crushed ice in my drinks. I also got a new electric kettle and an espresso maker. Apparently he is spoiling me with beverages.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    I'm quite concerned that our alliance is quickly becoming a PvP only alliance...which bothers me greatly as I much prefer the PvE aspect of MPQ.

Unstable Iso-8: ScarFighters - 21st

Thank you all for proving me wrong! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    We are all really happy to be moving to a new place - we just wish it was already done.
    Skipped you a bunch in Trial by Combat, even though you were worth 40 points - glad I didn't add to your stress icon_e_smile.gif

We're moving starting on Dec 12, so... not looking forward to that lol.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Team. We really need to put in efforts for this PVE. Blade cover for the alliance rewards is at stake here.

Please focus and put in time for this.

Dante. Sga. Woods. Please put in more points.

Thanks.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Hi. I've not had the results compiled for some events now as the leader board isn't accessible after the event. However, as I recall from the last Hunt PVE , I need a shout out to sga and Dante to communicate more and contribute more. I have sent you messages in Facebook (dante) and forum (sga) and no replies or acknowledgement.
    I sincerely hope you can be more responsive.

Dante.. As commander you should be more active. Otherwise you should relinquish the commander title. I can only ask you to be more conscientious.

We have said goodbye to flyapart (jamie) who has told us that he has difficulty finding the time for MPQ. Thank you Jamie.

We have kicked Woodsb for being at the bottom of the board during PVE. We needed to boost our PVE standing to get Blade cover. And thank goodness we did that. I have sent pm to woodsb to let me know when he's ready to join back.

We have oryan and frymanman in our Alliance now. Hopefully they can bring in their PVE strength.

For the last Falcon PVP. Bottom five are catnip, Dante, frymanman, delegibus and oryan.
    Do better next time guys!

As for all ScarFighters..
    Let's do our best for the next events.
    Let's rock.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Team. I will be away for vacation from Sunday till for the rest of the next week. So at the appropriate time.. Kick me out of the alliance first so you can have a spot for mercenary. Hopefully when I reapply you have a spot for me. =)
  • unimatrix wrote:
    I need a shout out to sga and Dante to communicate more and contribute more. I have sent you messages in Facebook (dante) and forum (sga) and no replies or acknowledgement.
    I sincerely hope you can be more responsive.

Dante.. As commander you should be more active. Otherwise you should relinquish the commander title. I can only ask you to be more conscientious.

For the last Falcon PVP. Bottom five are catnip, Dante, frymanman, delegibus and oryan.
    Do better next time guys!
    Unimatrix wrote:
    Dante, Fae, Mac, Delegibus, and DG..
    a little bit more on the PVE is appreciated.
    icon_e_smile.gif
    Unimatrix wrote:
    Dante. Sga. Woods. Please put in more points.
    This is why I don't communicate like I used to. I see your Facebook messages, I read them, and I've considered blocking you on there because I don't feel like having to explain myself every time my points don't meet your expectations. I hadn't checked this thread for at least a week despite checking everyday for the new character rankings. It's not that I don't care about the game and doing well in it, it's that I don't care for the badgering that has replaced the talk about our pets, other games, and real lives. This doesn't feel like the same friendly alliance it used to be.

Yes, my points have dropped off. Reason being was all my points were coming from Patch/Magneto, and the only other leveled character I had when Magneto was nerfed was 3* Captain America. I've begun to recover as I'm seeing more 2* teams again and I've got a wider range of leveled characters, but I'm not capable of Sentry bombing to reach the high levels.
  • I am still jumping in and out of Real McCoy throughout the day, at least until I start getting paired up against the 140+ characters. I've woke up the last two days with -50 points each. It's a bummer to start the day that way, but I just wanted to let you know I was still in there working at it.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Dantekamar wrote:
    This is why I don't communicate like I used to. I see your Facebook messages, I read them, and I've considered blocking you on there because I don't feel like having to explain myself every time my points don't meet your expectations. I hadn't checked this thread for at least a week despite checking everyday for the new character rankings. It's not that I don't care about the game and doing well in it, it's that I don't care for the badgering that has replaced the talk about our pets, other games, and real lives. This doesn't feel like the same friendly alliance it used to be.

Yes, my points have dropped off. Reason being was all my points were coming from Patch/Magneto, and the only other leveled character I had when Magneto was nerfed was 3* Captain America. I've begun to recover as I'm seeing more 2* teams again and I've got a wider range of leveled characters, but I'm not capable of Sentry bombing to reach the high levels.

Dante, what is your expectations of the commander group? seriously.. what have you done as commander?
    Obviously you read forums, i'm sure you're aware on how this works.

I am not frite and I don't plan to be him. you and I have our real life, we join alliances with a certain expectations and i do expect commanders to keep things in alliance in order.
    As to the alliance chat, i am not the kind that will chat about video games and all, I don't play other games except this. My real life already takes up the rest of the times.

Together with Dani, we try our best to keep the alliance in top 100.
    Do you think that an alliance cover in PVE will just drop in from the sky?
    do you think new alliance members joined us out of no-where with 70k PVE points (you had less than 40k then!) to get us back into top 100?
    I scored the highest during the last the Hunt PVE, Dani and I had to replace two low-scoring team members for ScarFighters to get the Blade alliance cover.
    I was in discussion with flyapart to try to understand why his point contribution is below than before.
    where were you? you did not even pop by in alliance chat to say hi.

everyone had problem when patchenetto was nerfed. Catnip had difficulties.
    He struggled, but he coped with it, communicated with Dani, Jan and I and he has improved greatly!
    Mystwalker was furious when patchnetto was nerfed. err.. he continued to score high. no sentry bombing, mind you.

Dani, Jan and I always shout for help, encouragement whenever our alliance is in need of help. we don't shout when there is no crisis.

my apologies if you feel that my messages are badgering.
    please tell me how anyone should kindly and gently request you to contribute more points when your points is at the bottom three of the PVE?
    Alliance chat? nope you're not there. PM: you read?

I only message you for a reminder sometimes for you to come in and contribute a little bit more points.
    Seriously, in our previous Facebook conversations, you said that we commanders don't track point, don't give credits when it's due. I have implemented point tracking system, I have congratulated the top performers.
    what else may I ask you that you think should be done?

I dread messaging you simply because you won't care to even respond. and I am right.
    you can block me in facebook if you want. I can't be bothered, seriously. Just let the commanders know what is your preferred method of communicating in times that alliance needs your help.

If you think that I have over-stepped my boundary as a commander, now I no longer have commander status. You are a commander still.
    kick me out of alliance if you want.
  • You do know I never wanted to take a leadership role in this alliance right? I said I could help out with the signatures for the message board but that's it. I thought I had made that clear when fritejay2 left. I've lead a gaming group before, and it was a lot of extra work that I know I can't put in anymore. My status as a commander is only because many of the initial members were promoted to commander right away. I have no intention of kicking you or anyone else out of the alliance, ever.

I do look at the in game PMs when I'm on, and I've been sending out team ups whenever I see someone asking. Catnip can vouch for that.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Dante. I do understand the background of why we have quite a few commanders.
    If that is the case, please resign and join the alliance again (lose commander status), i did this..
    this consolidates the commander group to eventually to Danikalil (who is de facto leader after Frite left)..

I appreciate your help in getting the signatures for the members. thanks.
  • danikalil
    Options
    About the last few posts, we'd like to clarify a few things.

When we ask a player to score higher, we're not trying to nag just for the fun of it. We only insist because it's necessary that everyone maintains an average score to keep us in top 100. That's why we ask new recruits to score 600 plus in PvP and half the maximum score in PvE - it's crucial that we keep this balance if we want to be a top 100 alliance.

Even though Fritejay handed the alliance over to us when he left, Unimatrix is as much a commander as we are. He does his very best to be a good leader, and we discuss all important steps before we take them. Uni and Jan, btw, are not only commanders, but also players, and they make an effort to score as well as they can for the sake of the team. In fact, they have twice as much responsibility.

Dante, when it comes to your team, Patchneto has been gone for a while now. Unfortunately, the devs are always dismantling our combos. When Spidey was nerfed, Jan had a terrible time, but Fritejay and Unimatrix helped her rearrange her strategy, and now she can score high again. Maybe you'd like help with your team? We're here to share everything we know.

Should anyone have questions / comments, Unimatrix and us will be glad to hear you. Just send us a PM. Unimatrix will be gone for a week on vacation, so right now you'd better message us, Danikalil, but later on he'll be back to his position, and will be awarded commander status again.
  • Bottom line is this is a game that I play for enjoyment and I'm feeling that things in ScarFighters have just become about point quotas, and that feels too much like work. I get that everyone wants the new character that's coming out. I GET THAT. I play this game for fun, not stress, which is a reason I don't respond when you message me Uni, because it'd only be more stress, more negativity. You want me to resign commander status? Sure, you got it. Uni should certainly have it as he's by far the most vocal about what the alliance should be doing. You guys want me back? Sure. You want me to move on? Sure, I can do that too.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    Greetings Mortals!

Our move is 100% complete. Now for the unpacking which will take a while. The last week, we've been ferrying between the two places with getting the rest of our stuff moved and cleaning the old place from top to bottom. It was exhausting. So glad it is over Cooked our first real meal in our new place last night. It was seriously delicious and it was a test drive for our half unpacked kitchen. Moving a few things around while I finish up tonight's dinner - it's in the slow cooker now.

Next Saturday I'm off to visit my mom for ten days in Florida. During that time, I'll be on a cruise for four days with her and assorted female relatives. However, for Mystwalker's sanity and peace of mind, I will be getting cruise ship coverage from my data provider so I'll be playing MPQ during that time. The cost of coverage is less than his stress at being incommunicado for four days and continuing our parallel MPQing will make him feel better.

Now let's talk about the alliance a bit. As an original member of ScarFighters, I am aware of how the alliance has evolved. Not surprising - all relationships regardless of origin have a life cycle and stages. Frite put a lot of effort into creating a warm, social atmosphere while still keeping us competitive. Obviously this was a lot and probably part of his burnout. I miss the social part of things but understand that it takes concerted effort to maintain that sort of thing. More on this later . . . .

As to the competitive part of things - I didn't expect us to be a top 100 alliance but I'm happy that we quickly rose to the top, as it were. I like being in the top 100. I like it better when we are top 50 or top 25. I never see the performance comments as nags but rather reminders. Specific scoring guidelines was in the original code of conduct and although it is no longer there, I try to meet the minimum even in events I don't personally groove to. I think it is probably better to have specifics than to simply encourage people to do their best if you expect consistent performance. Being ambitious in a leisure activity is not everyone's cup of tea and it is understandable if some don't want that. It is obvious that aggregate performance is a higher priority than socializing. As long as we are clear on this, people can decide for themselves if they want to be a part of that. I do.

As to the socializing - I do miss it. It is something I was thinking about before our move started but I didn't want to do anything while things were so topsy-turvy for us. Uni and Dani do a good job keeping us on track in terms of performance. Therefore if I want more chatting and posting, I need to do my part to encourage that. I am in a unique position at work that I can literally have my MPQ open and beside my keyboard while I work so I can chat throughout most days. With my new tablet, I can keep MPQ open in the background even when I'm not playing. So, despite a history of being painfully shy, I volunteer to be the alliance social director, so to speak. I will peek in to chat in the game regularly and I will go back to posting more often. Alliance members can participate or not as they are so inclined.

Now I must actually clean up my office because my neat freak business partner will be in town tomorrow.
  • I've decided I won't be returning to ScarFighters. The decision was left up to me and after dwelling on it for a while this is what I decided. I do wish I was more like Faerie, who in all honesty is the role model for a comparative player. I lack the breadth of roster, or even the ability to connect to MPQ while outside of the house. I thought about describing a sob story about what sort of things hold me back but it doesn't matter. I can't be what you want me to be without taxing myself more than I want to. I'll miss the extra covers, iso, and hero points, but I'll manage. I may try and find another, no pressure alliance soon. Good luck.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    Dante - sorry to see you go but the important thing is that you are able to keep enjoying the game your way.

I'm liking Blade and he is a good addition. Color-wise he pairs well with CMags. I have to confess, I didn't mind the re-spec of CMags but I do miss the pink.

With our move, I haven't pushed as much this Season. I am resisting the urge to suddenly go nuts but I do want to make sure our alliance gets that cover. I'll push on the SHIELD pvp this week.

Out of curiosity, how did you get into Marvel? I was always a DC fan - Justice League, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman - as a child. However, I don't really care for the DC movie universe of the last decade. Dark was my childhood. I don't really groove it for entertainment value. The Marvel movie universe has some grit to it but it also has a lot of optimism and hope. Plus, there is a lot of humor that I like. That got me into Marvel comics.
  • danikalil
    Options
    Dante, we wish you the best in your new alliance, should you join one. We hope you have lots of fun.

Jan also liked Blade, especially his black and red moves. Blade and Hood is a very interesting combo.
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Out of curiosity, how did you get into Marvel? I was always a DC fan - Justice League, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman - as a child. However, I don't really care for the DC movie universe of the last decade. Dark was my childhood. I don't really groove it for entertainment value. The Marvel movie universe has some grit to it but it also has a lot of optimism and hope. Plus, there is a lot of humor that I like. That got me into Marvel comics.

Fae, I got into Marvel when I was about ten years old. My father brought me an X-Men comic - I remember well, it was an adventure with Ka-zar in the Savage Land - and I was instantly hooked. I collected Marvel comics until I was about 25 or so. I sold part of my collection in 2012, when I moved into the apartment I now share with Jan. But I still have a lot of comics stored here. My favorite heroes will always be the X-Men, but the movie version of Iron Man takes the cake - I simply love his sense of humour.

Jan didn't know a thing about Marvel until she started playing MPQ. As I've said before, it was I who started playing, but after the Thorverine nerf I quit, and Jan took up the game. Since then she has learnt a lot about the Marvel universe, started watching cartoons and movies, and even collecting action figures. She likes Thor, Iron Man, Wolvie and the Avengers movie's version of Hawkeye.
  • I've been a Marvel fanatic since I was a young kid. X-Men Animated TV Series!!!! My cousin and I collected Marvel action figures. I started playing a Marvel card battle game (Marvel Overpower) in late 90's...still have loads of them cards. and now that I;m grown up, I enjoy the movies, whilst I haven't been able to keep up with newer comic series' I try to follow online the stories. Also, I collect Marvel Legends Action Figures for display.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For me, it was the Infinity Gauntlet series that got me truly hooked. I always liked comics, but could take them or leave them....but that 6 part series got me hooked. Then there were countless video games with Marvel characters...just a lot of exposure.

I fell out of it for a little while - I still liked Marvel, but only followed it slightly...

Now with the movies, I'm really into it all over again! And I must say I cannot wait for the Infinity Wars!!! (Even if I secretly root for Thanos... icon_twisted.gif )