KREE EMPIRE (renamed), a top 50 PVP-only alliance 20/20

Options
atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Kree Empire is a PVP centric alliance, where members only need to meet PVP requirements. They can still play pve on their leisure but there's no alliance requirement. Banes target to be the top 50 in pvp, and we have exceeded the target by reaching top 25 for the past few seasons.

Alliance history
Kree empire is the brain child of Raphael Majere. We were formerly known as Banes, but we have joined with Shi'ar Empire and Skrull Empire.

Kree is the first alliance who focus only on pvp. It is especially attractive to those who were suffering a burn out from pve; many of the alliance members almost left mpq because of the constant grinding. The Kree "no pve" rules helped to retain such kind of good players.

Rules

4 Kree Rules
1. You are required to gain at least 650 points for each PvP.
2. If you fail to fulfil Rule 1 in a PvP (the "Failed PvP"), you need a total of 1950 points for 3 PvPs starting from the Failed PvP with at least 650 points from each of the next two PvPs. There is no limit to the number of times this Rule may be invoked.
3. There is no obligation to play in any PvE.
4. Refrain from attacking fellow Empire members and be respectful and civil to all players and forumers.

Non-compliance will result in immediate removal.

How Rule 2 works:
Jim went on a vacation and did not have time to compete and obtained only 600 points in Hood's PvP.

What is Jim supposed to do next?
Jim needs to score 1350 points for the next two PvPs (Thor PvP and Hulk PvP), to meet the 1950-requirement

But Jim is tired from his vacation, can he just score 350 in Thor PvP and leave the 1000 for Hulk PvP?
No. Jim has to score at least 650 for EACH of Thor and Hulk PvPs.

Ok ok Jim gets it. What about exemption because of vacation?
There will be no exemption due to vacation. Jim can choose to leave (with prior notice) and the Commanders will put Jim in priority when he returns. If Jim chooses not to leave, he needs to achieve that 650 per PvP requirement. There is no limit to how often the 1950-requirement can be used so Jim should be reassured that empire love him!

You kiddin! Why the love?? icon_e_surprised.gif
Whilst we neither want any player to be seen 'carrying' others in PvPs nor do we need freeloaders, we recognise and value the continued strength of our core Kree who may need flexibility to schedule their games around real life commitments. We trust that this 1950-requirement will not be abused and our members will honor the spirit.

Special rules for pve

While Kree don't play pve, there are members who are keen to get the alliance covers in pve.

They are allowed to look for and temporarily transferred to other alliances ("mercenary out"), as long as they are back in time for pvp scoring.

The priority is always Kree first.

Comments

• atomzed
    Options
    For info, raph account was deleted by D3 and all his posts are lost. Hence I'm stepping in to create a new thread for banes.
  • Our current member list, alphabetical order.

Cruzcontrol
    Direwulven
    Efrader
    Kusanagi2k
    Mikaine
    Petme
    Preybird
    Qui Rom
    Raphael Majere
    Raunen
    RyuAkuma
    TomC123
    ZZ4m
    atomzed
    bobbybob
    goarmy83
    lorenzo
    nublit
    omdezapada
    tade
  • Direwulven
    Options
    In b4 RyuAkuma says "inb4 <something>"
  • atomzed
    Options
    Banes currently looking for a long term member, to replace someone who's leaving the game.

Msg me if you are interested to join us..interested party must be able to hit 650 every pvp.
  • spot filled!

Waiting list is still open for season 7.

it's first-come, first-served. Sometimes RL surprises hits our members. once a perm member has to exit, we need to find another perm member to fill the spot. We are a tight family and brotherhood. (sisters are very welcomed) We enjoy the game and when it comes to teamwork in adding to alliance score, we believe in the "Every man is an oarsman" concept, everyone puts in effort and roll.

We adhere to our rules very strictly; it's the secret ingredient of our success (Top 25 alliance in every pvp since S3) - many alliances come and go, rise and fall, and we are still going strong. And no, we are not slave drivers, if an applicant can't make the required scores, don't join. icon_e_smile.gif There are other alliances who will fit you better. Banes are a casual but committed group of mature players.

Anyways, 650 pts for every pvp is not THAT hard (for most people). LOL. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Direwulven wrote:

Why you! *Smashes table*
  • Direwulven
    Options
    Direwulven wrote:

Why you! *Smashes table*
    So what's "Chaotic Ryu"? A lovechild of Kaos Dark and RyuAkuma?
  • Batman_The_Dark_Knight_Vol_2-6_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg

I am Raphael Majere. Founder of 5deadlybanes. Season 8 is starting soon! And as some of you know, my previous forum account and all my posts were wiped clean and hence I actually lost several key posts detailing the concept and requirements of 5DeadlyBanes alliance. So this is an attempt to reconstruct what was lost.

(Shamlessly ripped some write-ups from co-commander, Atomzed and Direwulven)

Background to the Formation of 5deadlybanes:

At the end of season 2, I had it with PvE. It was just too grindy and I was thinking if it was possible to create an alliance that ONLY played PvP, would people join it? "Are there players out who are just like me?" Able to do well in PvP (Top 50 or Top 25) and don't care for PVE at all. Most top alliances at that time (Season 3) requires their players to play in every PvE. And thus I pioneered the first-ever PvP-only Top 50 alliance. I bought most of the slots with HP (>$100 USD?) and created the 5deadlybanes. I had served in 5Deadly Venoms, Poisons, Omens and loved the 5D family so it was not a surprise at all for me to create an alliance under an umbrella organization where my friends were. 5deadlybanes is autonomous and is directy managed by Banes commanders (kusanagi2k, Direwulven, Atomzed and me) and not under 5DA's direct command.

Brief mention of achievements and note of gratitude:

Ever since our formation in mid Season 3, Banes have always hit our target of top 50 alliance in every PvP, and top 100 alliance for season rankings. There is no secret to Banes' success:

1. mature and committed members who do their individual PvP contributions
    2. a stellar team of commanders who lead to serve and serve to lead

4 Banes Rules

1. You are required to gain at least 650 points for each PvP.

2. If you fail to fulfil Rule 1 in a PvP (the "Failed PvP"), you need a total of 1950 points for 3 PvPs starting from the Failed PvP with at least 650 points from each of the next two PvPs. There is no limit to the number of times this Rule may be invoked.

3. There is no obligation to play in any PvE. (See Banes "PvE Merc" Initiative Below)

4. Refrain from attacking fellow 5da members and be respectful and civil to all players and forumers.

Non-compliance will result in immediate removal.

How Rule 2 works:

Jim went on a vacation and did not have time to compete and obtained only 600 points in Hood's PvP.

What is Jim supposed to do next?

Jim needs to score 1350 points for the next two PvPs (Thor PvP and Hulk PvP), to meet the 1950-requirement

But Jim is tired from his vacation, can he just score 350 in Thor PvP and leave the 1000 for Hulk PvP?

No. Jim has to score at least 650 for EACH of Thor and Hulk PvPs.

Ok ok Jim gets it. What about exemption because of vacation?

There will be no exemption due to vacation. Jim can choose to leave (with prior notice) and the Commanders will put Jim in priority when he returns. If Jim chooses not to leave, he needs to achieve that 650 per PvP requirement. There is no limit to how often the 1950-requirement can be used so Jim should be reassured that Banes love him!

You kiddin! Why the love??

Whilst we neither want any player to be seen 'carrying' others in PvPs nor do we need freeloaders, we recognise and value the continued strength of our core Banes who may need flexibility to schedule their games around real life commitments. We trust that this 1950-requirement will not be abused and our members will honor the spirit of 650.

Another example:

(650 is the magic number for banes)

Sample consecutive sequence of pvp points:

600 (fail), 650, 700 - pass
    500 (fail), 700, 750 - pass
    600 (fail), 600, 1000 - FAIL and Kicked due to failure to reach at least 650 in 2nd pvp

(The said member will be kicked right AFTER the end of 2nd pvp. We will not 'carry' said member for the 3rd pvp)

550 (fail), 680, 670 - FAIL and Kicked due to failure to reach at least 1950 in 3 pvps.

(600 - fail, 650, 700), (580 - fail, 680, 700) - pass

Banes' Rules for "Mercing out" for PVE events

Background:

Traditionally, Banes was designed to be a "casually-serious" alliance. It's designed for players who can and WILL play in every PvP event and achieve a score of at least 650 points. There is no PvE requirement, however, that does not stop individual Banes from playing in PvE, but they will never get the PvE alliance reward as Banes will not finish at a Top 100 alliance. There are other alliances in 5deadlyalliances that do play in PvEs and hence if anyone wants to play both PvP and PvE, as a commander, I will always refer these said players to other 5DA alliances.

The environment did change though: TheUnwiseOne created the "Heroes for Hire" thread (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12642) and concept and suddenly a new avenue was opened for PvE-Playing Banes. Do note that these Banes don't play in EVERY PvE, and hence they can still be selective about which PvE they will or will not play in. As such, a few trial-runs were done and they were successful and the Banes PvE Mercing initiative was introduced.

The Exact Rules:

1. Any Bane is allowed to served as a Mercenary for any PvE as long as Banes PvP scores are not compromised.

(a) That means that Banes are NOT allowed to merc out if the closing times of a PvE and PvP are too close. The main priority is and ALWAYS will be: alliance PvP scores. Please check with Commanders if one is unclear.

(b) It is the said Member's responsibility to liaise and co-ordinate with a Commander so that he can be added back to the alliance BEFORE the current PvP ends. This is especially crucial if the ending of a PvP is only 12 hours after the ending of a said PvE.

2. Any Bane who wishes to merc out for the PvE must look for his own 'client' alliance.

They can use the Heroes for Hire thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12642 or the Marvel Puzzle Quest [Alliance & Recruitment only] FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/391326934338449/

Commanders are not obliged to assist members to look for a 'client' alliance.

3. Any Bane who mercs out and fails to rejoin the alliance in time because of his own carelessness and mistake is liable to be kicked from the alliance.
  • 5Deadlybanes has left the 5deadlyalliances and joined the Empire family of alliances.

We are now renamed as "Kree Empire" joining "Shi-ar Empire" and "Skrull Empire" alliances.

Rock on, team! icon_e_smile.gif