the scAvengers - [20/20] - You have Hulk. We have Phantron.

Options
Unknown
edited July 2014 in MPQ Alliances
scavengers-logo700.png

Nice logo, huh? icon_e_smile.gif

RECRUITMENT IS NOW CLOSED.

The story:
Back in the old days of the MPQ forums (yesterday, to be precise) I was looking to join an alliance. I created a topic over in the Alliance zone. After a while I got PM from Moghwyn asking me to join forces. So, after a couple of PMs, here it is. the scAvengers.

Place in the first ever Alliance tournament:
1263242494296_f.jpg
The only Alliance in top15 with only 15members. #4 in points per member.

Members:

Emeryt
* 32yrs old, male, Poland (GMT+1).
* dedicated player. teamwork kind of guy - I can sacrifice myself for the sake of the team.
* i play a lot (2-10hrs a day). Steam version.
* i spend a lot of time on MPQ forums, reading and writing.
* have all characters, Punisher at 141, Hulk at 120+. In the process of leveling more ***star chars.
* long-time comics fan. Punisher and Ms Marvel fanboy.
* hobbies: photography, wargaming (WH40.000, Malifaux)

Moghwyn IGN: fourdottwoone (thanks to that popup showing up rather unexpectedly)
* 42 years old, male, Germany (GMT+1)
* Steam version (so no extended work breaks)
* F2P (part of the fun is earning stuff the hard way, just paying for it feels like cheating)
* Crazy enough to go for good placements (translates to way too little sleep)

Caprion
* Male, 38, Canberra, Australia
* Currently on day 109
* Very active daily player on Android.
* Compete in all events
* Always finish top 5 in pvp if i want the prize. Top 150 if i don't just for the HP.
* All chars, 4 above 100

alphavs0mega IGN: CH
* 31 Year Old Male, FL, USA
* "Merc w/ a Tinykitty"
* Former Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D
* Hobbies- Board Games, Video Games, and the Retaliation...

ChopsB

Copps
* 31 yo
* from Alberta

ungassis IGN: chin2Taberu

Cooper075
* Male /34yo /West Coast USA
* Daily player - typically place in top two tiers in PVE - play 2-6 hours per day
* MPQ only FB account/email - cooper075@mail.com

JohnDoeNL
* dedicated player, not playing that long yet, but i'm working hard
* 37yo, Holland/Netherlands
* teamplayer
* interests: films, series(banshee, game of thrones, sons of anarchy etc), hanging out with gf and friends and gaaaaming
* playing: marvel heroes, plants vs zombies 2, mtg games on steam ans puzzle quest. stopped with marvel war on heroes on mobile. Had a great time but sold my cards and bought me a new TV icon_lol.gif

Sugarman
* Male 38, U.S.A.
* everyday active player that competes in all events. Steam version
* Favorite Marvel Character: Beast all the way! Brains and he can get physical...and he personifies the outcast stigma/weakness that Marvel does so well compared to other comics.
* Favorite games of all time: Sid Meier's Gettysburg!, Kohan Ahriman's Gift, X-Com Terror from the Deep, League of Legends

WesFaram
* 29 years old, MI, USA
* Daily player on android with an evolving *** star roster. Currently 2 characters over 100 & a few maxed ** stars.
* Selectively finish in top 10 in PvP
* Big comic book fan (Spidey is the best) & a sucker for the Marvel movies.
* Love the outdoors & relaxing with a good tv show

Mithrin IGN: andy1110
* 25 years old male player from Poland.
* play daily on steam.
* have all characters, highest Punisher lvl 100, Classic Magneto lvl 90, some other in 50-80. Have some ISO stored to lvl some characters if I decide who I need most right now.
* can place high in tournaments if I want to and in right circumstances. icon_e_wink.gif

blam_ IGN: blam
* blam scavengeski
* 29 m usa
* active android player since october
* top5 finisher with all characters (2 at 100+, 7 at 85-89, 5 at 50-75)
* favorite new character - black panther: 60% of the time, it works every time.

champion9782
* 31 yr old from nice
* 21m old daughter and wife
* Usually play 2-6hours throughout the day
* Electrician
* Was a big time gamer until little one arrived now I stick to mobile. Was top hunter in Wow on my very popular realm.
* Roster includes a lot of maxed cover characters - 141 patch, 140 hulk, 100 im40 punisher spiderman.
* Going to aim at leveling hood crag and doom to 100 for a 3 star LR villain team
* Also recently started clash of clans. Level 5 town hall

kevind722 IGN: kevind0722
* male, 38 USA
* not sure if day 1 but before daily rewards and i had a reset early on
* play all day as i get plenty of downtime at both jobs

pasa_ IGN: pasa
* 47 yrs old, male, Hungary (GMT+1).
* dedicated player? more like addict, Steam version. shows 688 hours I should have spent elsewhere icon_e_wink.gif, started day1 on steam
* at current state like the forums way better than the game
* roster in the snapshots thread, mostly spread-out. I save ISO for hulk and patch to get covers, stop others at 120 till then
* was top15 usually, since tanking top5 regular
* strict 0$ policy as I refuse support incompetent developers; also the point is to go without outside help. Otherwise would not mind suporting devs if aimed the game to be fun
* no comics, but love comics-based movies among other

Phantron

Phaserhawk
* 35yrs old, male, WI USA (UTC/GMT -6 hours (currently -5)).
* i play too much a lot (2-6 hrs a day) iphone version
* i spend a lot of time on MPQ forums, reading and writing.
* have all characters, and I'm missing 3 covers. IW blue and green and spiderman blue cover continues to ellude me
* i usually place top1-50 in tourneys.
* i am always looking for advice on team comps and play styles

reingp
* Brasil (GMT-3), married
* Steam user, very active in-game (not in forums though)
* Daily player

MarvelMan
* 35yr old, male, Ca (PST: GMT-8). Married.....
* Play on iOs (iPhone)
* Enthusiastic player since the first week (dont know if it was day #1 or not since Ive missed a couple days due to travel)
* I play more than I should (2-4hrs a day), have been known to arrange sleep schedule for end times.
* Only missing Yelena, but there are a bunch who are covered but not leveled
* I am on the forums fairly constantly M-F, sometimes on weekends.
* Love my parentheses (!)

---

here's the code for our logo in signature:
[url=http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4531][img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sBkRopJ4Q0Y/Uy4JQILoEVI/AAAAAAAAAVs/uceot8TtNuk/w110-h30-no/logo3.png[/img][/url]

Comments

• With that for a signature, I guarantee you'll be recognizable!

Good luck with the new alliance!
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    With that for a signature, I guarantee you'll be recognizable!

Good luck with the new alliance!
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif Consider DjangoUnbuffed to be our friends! icon_e_smile.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, why do you use some other woman's Skype?
  • locked wrote:
    If you don't mind me asking, why do you use some other woman's Skype?
    Lol icon_e_smile.gif
    I'm a big fan of Olga Siemaszko, who ilustrated books for children from around 1950 to 1990. As simple as that icon_e_smile.gif

btw. maybe You wanna join us? I see You're quite active on forums.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I don't have heroes higher than 85-89 atm icon_e_biggrin.gif And I'm already in an alliance with friends, but thank you.
  • Holy cow, with the Fearless Defenders we got plenty of new topics in the Alliances subforums icon_e_smile.gif

A couple of informations for our members:

1. Fearless Defenders tournament
    Moghwyn wrote:
    New PvP event is up, Fearless Defenders with extra alliance rewards tacked on. Seems like the personal scores of all members get thrown together to determine ranking, top 100 alliances get a blue Black Panther cover plus some ISO/HP.
    So first task for all the scAvengers - try to place good in this tourney. I'm starting my grinding today.

2. Please add this code to Your signature to have our logo: oo7x34uDQjjqM_gLY70Z_bGl-xoIPte0NYJogBh9r6Y=w199-h57-no which directs to this thread.
    [url=http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4531][img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/oo7x34uDQjjqM_gLY70Z_bGl-xoIPte0NYJogBh9r6Y=w199-h57-no[/img][/url]

3. Feel free to add me on Steam - emerytpl

4. It would be nice if You could provide us with some info about Yourself (something similar to what I did in the first post), so that I could update the first post.

5. Also, treat this thread as our chat, instead of sending PMs icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hello! I am excited to get into the Alliance scene with the new rewards and I am very intrigued by yours.

Sugarman:
    Male 38
    U.S.A.
    everyday active player that competes in all events.
    I have all 2* and above heroes except 3 (Psylocke, Black Panther, Modern Thor) which gives me good flexibility for tourneys. (Will have Black Panther after current tourney)
    I am sitting on 100,000 iso and looking to talk strategy to take the plunge and spend it best. I have enough covers to field the 3*s IM40 and Magneto Classic, just been waiting to make sure I spend wisely. I only have a 1/1/1 Spider-man, been unlucky getting covers for my 3* healer.

I am a lifelong comic fan and I will be active on the forums daily and look forward to having fun!

I grind in all the PVEs and PVPs and will do what it takes to help the team!

I PM'd you but in case you missed it I wanted to make sure and get my app in ASAP, sorry if its a double post.

(edited to expand profile.)
  • @Sugarman feel Yourself invited icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Thank you, I'm excited, go scAvengers!

EDIT: Was having trouble joining, found it and it says pending, ready to finish strong tonight in Predator Vs. Prey!!!
  • Sugarman wrote:
    Thank you, I'm excited, go scAvengers!

EDIT: How do I find and join the Alliance?
    Press the grey button, type in "the scavengers", check "search private", then apply icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sent a pm.
  • GambitStyle
    Options
    Looks like the start of a good alliance, let me know if I have a spot:

GambitStyle
    Male, 31, USA
    Daily player since pretty much day 1
    Competes in all events, top 75 in most
    13 characters between 50-101
    Currently stockpiling iso/hp for the ability to level new characters quick
    Obviously a comic fan
    Looking for a competitive alliance
  • Cooper075
    Cooper075 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the add! Looking forward to participating in this with you all. I'm a day 144 player and have been reading the boards daily although never had a reason to post until now. PM me for questions, etc.

Cooper075
    M/34/West Coast USA
    Daily player - typically place in top two tiers in PVE - play 2-6 hours per day
    MPQ only FB account/email - cooper075@mail.com

(edit to add FB info & sig)

-C
  • thor_11
    Male, 35 Poland
    Played from 2 months and spent allot of time in game
    Around first 20 always in events
    33 hero in different levels max Punisher 133 few ** 85
  • I sent in a request. I'm obviously not too active on here, but I play in close to all the tournaments and have a transitioning roster. Current high is punisher at 131, with a slew of 2* at 85 and a bunch of ISO to spare.

In game name is livelyllama.
  • vong999
    Male, Belarus
    Played from 143 days and spent allot of time in game
    participate in all competitions
    i play a lot (2-6hrs a day). Mobile version.
    32 heroes
    max Spider-Man Classic 128 lv
    8chars level 80-90,
    i usually place top1-50 in tourneys.
  • GodDangit
    Male Australia
    Dedicated player usually place top 5-15 in PVP, Got in the three 3* cover reward in the recent event(psylock,PB)
    Active forum user
    Have all character except bulleye.
    My strongest 3* right now is only a lv85 patch and 70 Punisher but i have them max cover and have enough iso8 to get them past 100
    Friendly and a team player.
    Spend about $20 in this game so far, willing to spend more if required.
  • Q: What is blue, has yellow buttons and is about 30 screens long?
    A: Our alliance incoming member list, once we figured out you can click-scroll down.

We really never expected so many players to show up. Well, actually we never even expected so many players to find us, especially without ever having stumbled over this forum thread. We blame it on our alliance name showing up in the Fearless Defenders top 10 leaderboard, it seems to encourage a *lot* players to contribute to the length of the aforementioned list. We'd like to take the opportunity to thank everybody involved for a really interesting evening. We never even suspected so many bagmen could exist.

Alas, our member slots are limited, even after extending them quite a bit. Now, while we understand this might be a perfect time to ask for bribes, all we are asking for is a little bit of time. We are still looking through candidates, especially those who took the effort to really post to this forum thread. It's just that a little bit of sleep is beginning to sound very attractive, and there's a whole weekend worth of food desperately waiting to get scavenged. In other words, please bear with us, we'll continue tomorrow. No, wait, "tomorrow" already started a few hours ago, make that "after a short break" instead.
  • What is the HP requirement for a new member spot right now? I think other alliances promote members to commander to "spread the cost" of adding new members. If that's true, I could contribute for the cause!
  • Number of next slot times 100. We are currently at 11, so the next one will cost 1200.