ISO-8 Brotherhood Aug 19 - 28

Options

Comments

• My 5 tokens so far have included HT black, Sentry green, and LDaken purple. Surprisingly good, but still no Fury. And I hate noon end times.
  • Has anyone said if the rubber banding is based off of the sub leader, the main leader, or the overall world leader?
  • "&#91 wrote: »
    "]Has anyone said if the rubber banding is based off of the sub leader, the main leader, or the overall world leader?

To the best of my knowledge, rubberbanding for subevents is always based on the global subevent leader.
  • Adventfire
    Adventfire Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I lucked out with 3 brotherhood tokens I pulled 2 blue fury covers and a 2* mag cover that I didn't need.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Apparently I need to make a sacrifice to RNGesus. Only non-2* from these tokens has been a blue CMags. And my last 20 standard pulls were all 1*s. And I had a Bag-man drop from playing in PVP...
    "]Has anyone said if the rubber banding is based off of the sub leader, the main leader, or the overall world leader?

It's always been the global sub leader but it'd be hard to know if it was changed behind the scenes without extensive research. That said the difference between the overall sub leader is often small from the overall main leader, and often those two are the same person, which is why it'd be hard to tell the difference if it ever changed.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'd been hoarding my tokens but seeing the Fury event pop up prompted me to try my luck. First pull:

249x363.png.18f94cd00bb40132934822000a2b9851.large

icon_e_biggrin.gif

Out of seven tokens, I managed Fury, purple Spidey and red Bagdevil - both useful with the most generous definition of "useful"
  • I'm happy for all of you pulling fury covers, but considering how hard I had to work to earn my fury cover in the last pve makes me want to kick the developers in their love spuds....
    "]I'm happy for all of you pulling fury covers, but considering how hard I had to work to earn my fury cover in the last pve makes me want to kick the developers in their love spuds....

I'm sure far more people didn't get any Nick Fury covers from the tokens. I certainly did not (yet).
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "&#91 wrote: »
    "]I'm happy for all of you pulling fury covers, but considering how hard I had to work to earn my fury cover in the last pve makes me want to kick the developers in their love spuds....

It's just confirmation bias unfortunately...

On the other hand, the % is pretty good for people to pull a Fury this event. If you (and your alliance) are on top of it, it's not terribly difficult to pull 4 tokens a day. That comes out to 36 tokens over the event, plus another 2 from progression. Which means you have almost a 1-(.976)^38 (about 60%) chance of of pulling at least one fury this event.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did rubberbanding suddenly go wonky? After the new subs appeared, I checked the node values and then went to sleep. When I woke up 6 hours after, points were the same, I was in position 800 and the meagre points I got from clearing all nodes hardly put me in the top 400. That had never happened to me before.
  • The finish times for the sub are just not Australia or Asia friendly.. I am not playing at 3am to smash some final nodes. Where are the variable end times!
  • So far with about 8-10 tokens, I've got 3 3star covers(Nothing useful)
  • Due to the ability damage bug, Ragnarok is the most dangerous opponent since Godlike Power can create cascades and that's the only way of taking signficant damage from villians. Ares and Daken are probably the weakest members now since all they do is damage which is nothing now, but Daken is still hard to kill. Of course, goons are still dangerous as always, but you should know how to handle them.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    The finish times for the sub are just not Australia or Asia friendly.. I am not playing at 3am to smash some final nodes.
    Yeah they really aren't. Problem is I'm only aiming for sub tokens so I don't have a lot of choice.

So tired right now icon_neutral.gif
  • Including tokens from the subs (individual and alliance), progression and buying a couple of Daily Deal tokens on this one due to FURY!, I've opened 11 tokens for this event so far and got 11 2* covers. Yeah, I'm not thinking that this is a sign it's worth sticking around or putting any more money into this game. As if the real money -> HP/iso/covers exchange rate wasn't appalling enough, the ever-worse probability on tokens is just disgusting. I don't think I've ever seen a set of developers who are less friendly to their player base or more openly chiselling the players on reducing drop rates and adding extra costs into the game.
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    Is it me or has rubberbanding has gone *poof*....
  • Amazeballs wrote:

I know that without the damage bug, I wouldn't be fighting Ares/Rags/goon for 75 points. It sure feels like rubberbanding is minimal at best this event.
  • Amazeballs wrote:

Given the nonexistent difficulty you should assume rubberband doesn't exist in this event, because anyone who grinded out an extra cycle (or 5) cannot be caught and has no chance of wiping out from those extra cycles. What usually stops the grinder is scaling, not rubberbanding, as in you grinded 5 extra cycles and suddenly everything is level 395 so that stopped you from getting more points while the guy who didn't grind still has them at base level with increased points from rubberbanding. The rubberband has been insufficient to make up for that for a long time now, and it was never quite enough ever since they dialed back the scaling but did not get rid of Magneto as Magneto can chew up anyone under level 200 easily.

For all the crying about scaling, people don't realize it was back when stuff scaled to 395 that you were able to catch a grinder who now can no longer beat a level 395 enemy at all. In all the recent events I'm seeing grinders just take off and leave the competition in the dust because nothing ever gets hard enough to stop them.
  • Amazeballs
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Amazeballs wrote:

Given the nonexistent difficulty you should assume rubberband doesn't exist in this event, because anyone who grinded out an extra cycle (or 5) cannot be caught and has no chance of wiping out from those extra cycles. What usually stops the grinder is scaling, not rubberbanding, as in you grinded 5 extra cycles and suddenly everything is level 395 so that stopped you from getting more points while the guy who didn't grind still has them at base level with increased points from rubberbanding. The rubberband has been insufficient to make up for that for a long time now, and it was never quite enough ever since they dialed back the scaling but did not get rid of Magneto as Magneto can chew up anyone under level 200 easily.

For all the crying about scaling, people don't realize it was back when stuff scaled to 395 that you were able to catch a grinder who now can no longer beat a level 395 enemy at all. In all the recent events I'm seeing grinders just take off and leave the competition in the dust because nothing ever gets hard enough to stop them.

I understand the grinding, scaling, etc but something changed behind the scenes as someone pointed out a few posts ago. Literally, compared to 24 hours ago where node value increased, there was little to no movement in my values through today.

I'm not looking to catch the top 10 (decided at the beginning I wasn't going to go balls out, so to speak) but I thought it was odd that the mechanics have been seemingly changed mid event.
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Did rubberbanding suddenly go wonky? After the new subs appeared, I checked the node values and then went to sleep. When I woke up 6 hours after, points were the same, I was in position 800 and the meagre points I got from clearing all nodes hardly put me in the top 400. That had never happened to me before.

At least I'm not the only one who noticed it!