Unstable ISO-8 - Oct 17 - 24

Options

Comments

• ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Holy **** the Congo node is **** crazy hard. Anyone beat that without boosts?
  • Holy tinykitty the Congo node is tinykitty crazy hard. Anyone beat that without boosts?

Yes. But I don't plan on beating it many (or maybe any) more times.

My Daily Reward today was 3x healthpack.png so I've decided to see how much I can do without health packs so that I might save them for tomorrow night during the ugly end grind (if I decide to shoot for full covers for a star.pngstar.png who will never get iso8.png and just sit on my roster for essential nodes)

Joined 3.5 hours ago and have now done 1 full clear, and 1 clear minus Congo. Didn't lose anyone on clear one, lost icon_captainamerica.png and icon_hood.png (since they were still low on health from the first clear) during the second a half hour ago. And with ~2 clears I've picked up the final progression reward cover and am over 40k.

Goon nodes go down easy to XF icon_wolverine.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_hood.png . After icon_hood.png took a nap, icon_blackwidow.png came in to perform stealing duties. Smooth sailing again...except for that icon_moonstone.png node where I forgot my own advice the second time and didn't take icon_daken.png along. Ate 3-4 Gravity Warps.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Holy tinykitty the Congo node is tinykitty crazy hard. Anyone beat that without boosts?
    One time beating them with Steve + Xforce+ Hood it's was hard battle. After that i try very old combo Spidey + Punisher + MagnetoMN and beat them very easy 2 times.

P.S Node 395 lvl
  • The mix of the enemy isn't particularly challenging so they're all beatable even at 395 without boosts. Just don't expect to be repeating that effort with any reliability. I recommend taking 3 guys you don't plan on using in PvP and just see what happens. If you win great and if not losing seems to have a very slight effect on lowering your scaling. Sometimes it seems like the game knows you're trying to lose and will troll you by letting you win instead.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    I'm not pushing for the X-Force cover so if you can pass me it's yours. Eventually scaling will get bad enough that I'll get bored and quit.

Are you bored yet? I've clawed my way to 4th and only 3k back. icon_lol.gif

Unfortunately I need PurdyPrince to get bored too I think, as it looks like Asimo81 is still going strong.
  • For those keeping track, the bracket is now up to 296 players. It was 110 when I joined about 6 hours ago, so we're adding ~30 players an hour. Perhaps a bit early to tell, but if that paces is sustained this bracket should fill up roughly 5-6 hours before the event ends, leaving the possibility of a very small bracket after.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    26 hours, 10 nodes, 8 deadly
    +80k points, this challenge needed more progression rewards
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really really hoping to hang on for a top 2 finish, and the last XF Wolv cover I need.

Gobstopper- you can go ahead and settle for third, right? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Wobby wrote:
    Really really hoping to hang on for a top 2 finish, and the last XF Wolv cover I need.

I don't plan on pursuing 1/2, and I doubt HailMary will either. We're just grinding down some points for our alliance and because...bored, so that's 2 of the other 9 in top 10 that won't be chasing you for placement.

Edit: Bracket update - We're at 390 players, meaning that in the last 9 hours the bracket has increased by 280 players, so we're still gaining at roughly 31/hour
  • Wow, when you get up and see that even the essentials are Hard, you know that you're going to have a bad time. There's only 4 nodes that I can realistically do every time, with either an attempt on Stolen Stash or Raiders at the end with fingers crossed.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Joined 3.5 hours ago... And with ~2 clears I've picked up the final progression reward cover and am over 40k.

I joined days ago (I forget why, so stupid, going to be a battle to stay in the top X). This is not right.The way the game is structured, not you j12601. icon_lol.gif

People are just grinding now, just to stay in the hunt for a cover.

Reminds me of the explanation for True Healing. Not the best use of time, or the most fun or whatever nonsense we were fed. Thank goodness this is almost finished.

Note to self - start late.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    I joined days ago (I forget why, so stupid, going to be a battle to stay in the top X). This is not right.The way the game is structured, not you j12601. icon_lol.gif

A 6 day rubber band is going to do that. I joined early to pick up a few double ISO rewards and have be sitting around the 500 mark. Two partial clears later I am just outside the top 50 and in a few more clears time I should be top 20. I did around 25 missions to get 40K.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

A 6 day rubber band is going to do that. I joined early to pick up a few double ISO rewards and have be sitting around the 500 mark. Two partial clears later I am just outside the top 50 and in a few more clears time I should be top 20. I did around 25 missions to get 40K.

Actually, that was probably why I joined so early - double ISO from the previous week - now gone. The downside is actually having to keep at it to ensure you stay near the top for the whole time. I do normally leave it a little later.

[Just had a look now... am actually sharing a group with Colog; sitting one spot above him (assuming him, we've never personally spoken) at this time of writing. I shall bask in the glory - it shall surely never happen again. He has like the most perfect roster. Every character maxed and levelled. So dreamy... such a hunk.. what a dreamboat... oh, sorry - those 4 270's distracted me, I'm still waiting for my first Fury cover, though I have just finished the entire collection of 2*s (not levelled Bagman or Bullseye) and just juggling characters to see if I can hold onto all the 1*s (though still not Yelena), so I'm well on the way, yes?.]
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    russreid91 wrote:
    Are you bored yet? I've clawed my way to 4th and only 3k back. icon_lol.gif
    Yes. I've scaled back to just maintaining top 20. Skipping all hard and deadly nodes because it's just not worth it. icon_e_smile.gif

Good luck!
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Wobby wrote:

I don't plan on pursuing 1/2, and I doubt HailMary will either. We're just grinding down some points for our alliance and because...bored, so that's 2 of the other 9 in top 10 that won't be chasing you for placement.

Edit: Bracket update - We're at 390 players, meaning that in the last 9 hours the bracket has increased by 280 players, so we're still gaining at roughly 31/hour

That's good news. icon_lol.gif
    Gobstopper is the only one other than you two within 20,000 points... I am going to feel dumb if a final fast bracket does start, but to be honest that thing will be a bloodbath.
    I foresee people grinding 1-pt nodes at the end of that one.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Joined 3.5 hours ago and have now done 1 full clear, and 1 clear minus Congo. ... And with ~2 clears I've picked up the final progression reward cover and am over 40k.
    Yeah, that's disgusting. icon_e_smile.gif (Not you, the way this all works.) Been grinding my butt off for almost 6 days and could have just come in at the end and swooped it all up? Wow, how terrible.

It's really just frustrating because the events CHANGE so much, which means it's hard to know when you can take your foot off the gas. As I said earlier, having just missed a progression completion and just barely making one, I was worried about jumping in too late. Turns out I could have waited 5 days out of 6.5 and been GREAT.

I guess the idea is that all kinds of players can still get rewards - which is fine. I just hate that I have wasted so much effort - and will continue to waste so much over the next 14 hrs - for something I could have mopped up in like an hour. Sooooo frustrating.

And I guess this encapsulates one of the worst things about this whole game (besides the fact that there are so many bad characters and the devs don't want to fix them - that's #1). The reward structure is so incredibly random - where effort is always nothing compared to random chance - that it just makes playing the whole game frustrating. Even having a relatively fun event gets quickly turned sour when you realize that someone else is working 1/10th as hard for a better reward. Bleh.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Joined 3.5 hours ago and have now done 1 full clear, and 1 clear minus Congo. ... And with ~2 clears I've picked up the final progression reward cover and am over 40k.
    Yeah, that's disgusting. icon_e_smile.gif (Not you, the way this all works.) Been grinding my butt off for almost 6 days and could have just come in at the end and swooped it all up? Wow, how terrible.

That's ridiculous when people who were rubbing holes in their screens for 6 long, boring and frustrating days receive exactly the same reward as players who did almost nothing... Or maybe devs think that humble amount of ISO and gray tokens compensate our effort... I'm getting evidence that this game is all about being lucky enough to get into the "right" bracket.

May be this system is not so bad, because everyone can choose their "way" of playing - to play a lot or just to get a reward. But that's not so easy to know which way will actually work in any particular event. And when it comes to presentation of awards this system looks very unfair.
  • This event is still going? I've never changed back to the PVE tab after I got my 40k pts on day 3.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:
    This event is still going? I've never changed back to the PVE tab after I got my 40k pts on day 3.
    Yup. It was a 6.5 day PVE event.
  • My bracket is a bloodbath. The top 30 keep playing and grinding. The top 5 have just passed or will pass 90k soon.