The Gaunlet: Villains, Heroes, & Finale 20 - 23 Sep

Options
Advanced Combat Simulator mission.

Powered-Up: star.pngstar.pngstar.png Punisher, star.pngstar.pngstar.png BW, star.pngstar.pngstar.png Black Panther, star.pngstar.png Human Torch, star.pngstar.png Magneto, star.pngstar.png Storm.

Villains Progression Rewards:
35. 100 iso8.png
123. 1x Health Pack
235. Recruit Token
371. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
597. 100 iso8.png
796. Power Boost redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
968. 200 iso8.png
1164. Recruit Token
1423. 500 iso8.png
1858. star.pngstar.png Storm blueflag.png

Finishing the main path of Villains unlocks the Heroes sub.

Heroes Progression Rewards:
119. 250 iso8.png
375. Recruit Token
655. 250 iso8.png
959. star.pngstar.png Magneto redflag.png
1353. 500 iso8.png
1720. Recruit Token: The Gauntlet
2060. 500 iso8.png
2424. 50 spideycoin.png
2851. 500 iso8.png
3538. Black Panther blueflag.png

And finishing the main path of the Heroes unlocks the Finale sub.

Finale Progression Rewards:
203. 100 iso8.png
625. star.pngstar.png Human Torch blackflag.png
1075. 250 iso8.png
1547. Recruit Token: The Gauntlet
2109. 1000 iso8.png
2644. star.pngstar.pngstar.png Black Widow greenflag.png
3152. 1000 iso8.png
3684. 50 spideycoin.png
4279. 1000 iso8.png
5218. star.pngstar.pngstar.png Psylocke blackflag.png

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's open. Progression rewards only.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2014
    Options
    No placement rewards, **** is this? LOL

edit: this is the greatest event I have ever seen. no rubber banding, no pressure, no rankings. just pure casual play with rewards. They should always have one of these events going
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe I should join immediately since there are no placement awards.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No placement rewards. Everything on progression. All nodes are one-time, meaning no grinding.

AM I DREAMING
  • El_Dude
    Options
    I don't get it. What's the point. Seems like an event for burning health packs.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Though the rules imply there's a good reward for beating the last mission. A 3* cover?
  • While I appreciate a new game mode, having only progression rewards with a 2* cover as the "best" reward is underwhelming.

I hope that the "next chapter" mentioned in the description comes with better rewards.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    El_Dude wrote:
    I don't get it. What's the point. Seems like an event for burning health packs.

When you finish Villains it opens up another sub. Presumably with escalating progression rewards.
  • It's a PvE!!! A TRUE PvE!!!!! Oh my stars and garters!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. Well, we wanted something new, eh? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No placement rewards, **** is this? LOL
    It's PVE. Not like that PVP disguised as a PVE you're used to.
  • Event rules page state that a new sub opens when the mission on the far right is cleared.

20 nodes total in first sub.

I wonder how many subs are there in this event? I could potentially see the rewards two or three subs down the road being rather lucrative, in exchange for some insanely difficult nodes.

3.5 days... got to clear them all!
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Event rules page state that a new sub opens when the mission on the far right is cleared.

20 nodes total in first sub.

I wonder how many subs are there in this event? I could potentially see the rewards two or three subs down the road being rather lucrative, in exchange for some insanely difficult nodes.

3.5 days... got to clear them all!

I want to be the very best
    like no one ever was
    20 nodes are my test
    to Match-3 is my cause

Gotta clear 'em all
    Gotta clear 'em all
  • Teke184 wrote:
    While I appreciate a new game mode, having only progression rewards with a 2* cover as the "best" reward is underwhelming.

I hope that the "next chapter" mentioned in the description comes with better rewards.

This.

Someone mentioned in the General Discussion where this event was obviously crafted from, there could be 3* cover rewards down the line somewhere. If they don't keep to their 250 iso8.png , 100 iso8.png , 70 iso8.png , recruit token schema that is. Still, a 3* progression reward for full clear would have been nice.

Edit: It seems you CAN replay nodes, for rewards, they just aren't worth points. Interesting.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Awesome! I love that I don't have to worry about when I start, who I get bracketed with, how often I need to grind, or scaling. At least I think I love all that - we'll see what I think once it is all done. But no matter what I appreciate the developers (apparently) listening to some of the ideas from the forums and trying something new.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am hitting progression rewards exactly. This makes me believe that there is no rubberbabding.
  • The branches on the gauntlet are "required" nodes for Punisher et all.
  • john1620b
    Options
    Finally! A PvE with no placement requirements!

My only complaint is: why did it take them a year to create this? icon_e_wink.gif
  • I am hitting progression rewards exactly. This makes me believe that there is no rubberbabding.

Would be pretty stupid to have rubberband in an event where every node gives point only once, as that'd mean whoever does them first is always in a worse position!
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    While I appreciate a new game mode, having only progression rewards with a 2* cover as the "best" reward is underwhelming.

This.

Someone mentioned in the General Discussion where this event was obviously crafted from, there could be 3* cover rewards down the line somewhere. If they don't keep to their 250 iso8.png , 100 iso8.png , 70 iso8.png , recruit token schema that is. Still, a 3* progression reward for full clear would have been nice.

Edit: It seems you CAN replay nodes, for rewards, they just aren't worth points. Interesting.

People shouldn't have too much expectations. Normally in a placement bracket there's about 10-15% chance you'll get a 3* cover at all. It is influenced by your roster strength but that has to be true in general because of how the prize structure is setup, so you shouldn't expect that changing to a different format suddenly allows 100% of the people to pull a 3* cover. I'm guessing new stuff open up but it'd probably be more like a generous amount of heroic tokens, which is not quite the same thing as a guaranteed 3* on average but can be better for the needy or the lucky.