Heroic: Juggernaut Nov 6 - 9

Options
mjh
mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
This event ends on Sunday, Nov. 9th at 11:59pm EST (Just to be simpler)
One hour before Season 7 ends

FAQ from PVE Format Guide
Are there subs: no
Is there a limited roster: yes, see below

Powered up and only available characters:

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_blackpanther.png Black Panther
icon_colossus_new.png Colossus
icon_blackwidow.png Black Widow (Grey Suit)

star.pngstar.png
icon_ms_marvel.png Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
icon_magneto.png Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
icon_wolverine.png Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

star.png
icon_ironman.png Iron Man (Model 35)
icon_storm.png Storm (Modern)

Notable Rewards
1500 healthpack.png
3000 star.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png
6000 cardpack.png
10,000 star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.pngpurpleflag.png
20,000 star.pngstar.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png
35,000 cardpack.png
55,000 icon_blackpanther.pngyellowflag.png

Placement Rewards
1-2 icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png + 3-10 rewards
3-10 Mystique blackflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png 3,000 iso8.png 100 imcoin.png
11-20 Mystique purpleflag.pngblueflag.png 2500 iso8.png 100 imcoin.png
21-50 Mystique blueflag.png 2500 iso8.png 100 imcoin.png
51-100 Mystique blueflag.png 1500 iso8.png 50 imcoin.png
101-150 Mystique blueflag.png 1000 iso8.png 50 imcoin.png
151-250 star.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngredflag.png 1000 iso8.png 25 imcoin.png
251-400 star.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngredflag.png 500 iso8.png
400 and below who cares?

Alliance Placement Rewards
1-2 Mystique blueflag.png 2000 iso8.png 250 imcoin.png
3-50 Mystique blueflag.png 2000 iso8.png 100 imcoin.png
51-100 Mystique blueflag.png 2000 iso8.png 50 imcoin.png
101-250 1500 iso8.png 50 imcoin.png
251-500 1000 iso8.png 50 imcoin.png
501-1000 500 iso8.png 50 imcoin.png
1001-1750 250 iso8.png 50 imcoin.png
1751-2500 200 iso8.png 50 imcoin.png
2501-10,000 some iso8.png

Comments

• Nightmare icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

only have BP,GSBW,Col and MsMarvel to use and only the former two are high level. All downed after five early battle icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • Basic details:

3.5 days of Juggertinykittynaut.
    Yellow cover for Panther as top progression.
    Panther, Colossus, GSBW for three-star, magnow wolvie and mini marvel for two-star and im35 and storm for one-star as the featured victims....oops, I mean heroes.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So 2* Thor is unusable in two events running at the same time. How wonderful!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting tidbit: If you are like most high end players and have BP and GSBW, but not Colossus maxed, then Colossus is actually 100% useless! BP tanks yellow and black always, meaning that the only way Colossus is getting in front is if you use his yellow (which you will NEVER do when you can cast battleplan instead). This means that in order to get him in front for red is if your Colossus can tank for GSBW, which mine.... can't. Might end up using A. Wolvie instead of him for the red coverage.
  • Interesting tidbit: If you are like most high end players and have BP and GSBW, but not Colossus maxed, then Colossus is actually 100% useless! BP tanks yellow and black always, meaning that the only way Colossus is getting in front is if you use his yellow (which you will NEVER do when you can cast battleplan instead). This means that in order to get him in front for red is if your Colossus can tank for GSBW, which mine.... can't. Might end up using A. Wolvie instead of him for the red coverage.

Well the one good thing about that is that Colossus is needed for the last PvP of the season and cannot be dead in two places at once icon_evil.gif
  • We've secretly replaced the game and characters you love with a sad, frustrating grind using characters you can't even force yourself to hate, they're so plain. Let's see if anyone notices!

I really should do a 2* wolverine, but I have WAY too much else on my plate to shove ISO into.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting tidbit: If you are like most high end players and have BP and GSBW, but not Colossus maxed, then Colossus is actually 100% useless! BP tanks yellow and black always, meaning that the only way Colossus is getting in front is if you use his yellow (which you will NEVER do when you can cast battleplan instead). This means that in order to get him in front for red is if your Colossus can tank for GSBW, which mine.... can't. Might end up using A. Wolvie instead of him for the red coverage.
    This is a very good point. I was actually considering dumping some ISO into him but now I'll hold back.

This is going to be rough. No one to tank for GSBW--unless you count Colossus' red but see above--so she's not going to last very long. MN Mags can be fun against goons but there's no decent outlet for the blue he generates.
  • Interesting tidbit: If you are like most high end players and have BP and GSBW, but not Colossus maxed, then Colossus is actually 100% useless! BP tanks yellow and black always, meaning that the only way Colossus is getting in front is if you use his yellow (which you will NEVER do when you can cast battleplan instead). This means that in order to get him in front for red is if your Colossus can tank for GSBW, which mine.... can't. Might end up using A. Wolvie instead of him for the red coverage.

They try but you just can't replicate the Thor/Falcon/Hulk lineup for having no synergy amongst the 3*s.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What the heck...much love to BP and all but where is the progression PVE blade cover that hasn't shown up in the last 2 events? I really liked that no matter what happened in the various events, I could grab one surefire new cover. I'm going to be disappointed if this is the new way they want to release characters - compete in PVE for them initially and then compete in PVP to get maybe 1/3 to 1/2 way there with covers. Roster diversity my tinykitty, they want new characters **** for a long time so people fiend on getting them when they finally come up in rotation or pull the trigger and the buy covers.

Sorry, rant over, lol.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no desire to play this event with my available roster
  • I don't see too much of an issue fielding a team because Black Panther can just power through stuff with Rage of the Panther, and if stuff gets hard enough to survive a level 256 Rage then minor issues like who tanks for GSBW isn't going to matter either.
  • I'm looking forward to using iMags icon_magneto.png to turn purpletile.png into bluetile.png for... uhm...Defense Grid?

Last Heroic offered some nice synergies with icon_blackwidow.pngicon_thor.png and icon_hawkeye.png . I'm just not seeing any here except throwing someone with icon_colossus.png and hoping Rage (which, why wouldn't you just cast Rage) or Sniper Rifle goes off.

I'm also surprised there is no icon_thor.png since he's mentioned numerous times in the dialogue.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its funny that for all the complaining people do about cash grabbing, this event is like the complete opposite of a cash grab. Everyone has bp maxed, and since he has the major buff, hes so much better than colossus that no one is gonna spend money on colossus covers (since hes rarer). They should have made colossus the major featured character so people would actually consider dumping money into him.

2/10 cashgrab

@phantron, i liked that pve since thor obw hulk was fun to play (although relying on anger to beat the later nodes made that pvp a like 5/10 cashgrab cause of healthpacks obviously).
  • I'm trying to balance community scaling vs. the Bataan death grind in terms of when I want to start. Definitely waiting until this evening, probably waiting until at least tomorrow.

I'm also traveling this weekend - just a quick trip, but it corresponds pretty closely with this nightmare of nightmares, and I'm tempted to wait until Sunday.

In any case, I'm putting a lower priority on Mystique than I probably have on anyone ever. Not because of here, or her powerset, but because of this awful, awful, event.

Whoever planned this must really hate the players.
  • Its funny that for all the complaining people do about cash grabbing, this event is like the complete opposite of a cash grab. Everyone has bp maxed, and since he has the major buff, hes so much better than colossus that no one is gonna spend money on colossus covers (since hes rarer). They should have made colossus the major featured character so people would actually consider dumping money into him.

2/10 cashgrab

@phantron, i liked that pve since thor obw hulk was fun to play (although relying on anger to beat the later nodes made that pvp a like 5/10 cashgrab cause of healthpacks obviously).

I'd bet it's something like 20% of the player base that has any 3*s maxed at all.

People fail to realize that forumites are a tiny percentage of the people who play.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    People fail to realize that forumites are a tiny percentage of the people who play.
    As true as this is it's the only means to communicate with people making decisions in this godforsaken game.

When you write to D3 CS they forward you here. With that being said why don't they implement a simple feedback option at the end of events. Did you like this event? Why or why not?. I have seen Candy Crush do this. You know, the game that is in no way P2W but people willingly and happily give their money to. A game that D3 wishes it could replicate in terms of revenue.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to using iMags icon_magneto.png to turn purpletile.png into bluetile.png for... uhm...Defense Grid?
    No way this will be some people's first time at getting IM35 his 19 blues.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Options
    And it's official. D3 hates us.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    screw this event, tired of god damn heroic's awful character choices. besides the roster choice, why should I even bother when someone with a junk roster is always so far ahead of me in PvE?

give me five or six choices of my 2* characters, what the hell with only letting people use four and why is mrs marvel even in this one? no one should even have her done unless you spend HP to fully cover her because she's still not in the PvP drop pool.

holy hell I wanna beat whoever designs these heroics with a spiked bat.

Everyone has bp maxed

thats a pretty broad statement since not all of us have a maxed BP. I wish I at least had a max BP for this but some of us get REALLY **** on heroics which is just wrong. only characters i can actually use are 2* mag and 2* wolv because while I do have all the 3* chars for this they all have no more than 3 covers making them useless.
  • Who is needed for the essential nodes on this one?