Meet Rocket and Groot (Take Two - Dec 1-4)

Options
Sub-Events? Yes
Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
Number of Sub-Events: 3 (New York, Madripoor, Latveria)
Main Nodes after Sub-Events End? No

Sub 1 - Welcome to Earth - 24 hours - Blade required for 1 node, Goddess required for 2 nodes.
Sub 2 - Luck Be A Lady - 24 hours -Beast required for 1 node, Goddess required for 2 nodes.
Sub 3 - Seed of Destruction - 36 hours - Blade required for 1 node, Goddess required for 2 nodes.

Boosted Toons
**** icon_thor.png
*** icon_blade.png
*** icon_beast.png
** icon_captainamerica.png
** icon_humantorch.png
** icon_magneto.png

Single Player Rewards
1 - 2 Fury Purple, plus next rank.
3-10 icon_gamora.pnggreenflag.png , blackflag.pngredflag.png, 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
11-20 icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png , redflag.png, 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
21-50 icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
51-150 - icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png , imcoin.png
151-200 - ** icon_thor.pngredflag.png, 1500 iso8.png , imcoin.png
201-300 - ** icon_thor.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png , imcoin.png
301-400 - ** icon_thor.pngredflag.png, 500 iso8.png
401-500 - Standard pack x3, 250 iso8.png
501-600 - Standard pack x2, 250 iso8.png
601-800 - Standard pack, 250 iso8.png
801-1000 - 250 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:
100. Standard Token
500. 100 iso8.png
1000. +20% Damage All redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
1500. healthpack.png
2000. +1 All AP yellowtile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png
2500. 250 iso8.png
3000. ** icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png
3500. 250 iso8.png
4000. Recruit Token
5000. 250 iso8.png
6000. ** icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png
7500. 500 iso8.png
10000. ** icon_magneto.pngblueflag.png
15000. 1000 iso8.png
20000. Recruit Token
30000. 500 iso8.png
40000. icon_blade.pngblackflag.png

Alliance rewards:
1-2. icon_gamora.pngredflag.png 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png,
3-10. icon_gamora.pngredflag.png 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png,
11-25. icon_gamora.pngredflag.png 3000 iso8.png 100 imcoin.png,
26-50. icon_gamora.pngredflag.png 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png,
51-100. icon_gamora.pngredflag.png, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png,
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png,
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png,
501-1000. 500 iso8.png

Can't complete the nodes but want to read the story? viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19724

EDITorial:
Join us in teaming up with your severely undercovered Goddess, dragging I Don't Sparkle, Useless Blue Furry Lump, Johnny Tosser, MiniAmerica and Ambiguous Magneto as they take on yellow-fed Hood, everything-gorged Mystique and Bruise-treated Doom for three and a half days of fun and frivolity. Disclaimer: Levels of fun and, indeed, frivolity, are not guaranteed.

Comments

• Second verse, same as the first. I was really hoping for a day off from PVE. Oh well.
  • I suppose we should be grateful for the 12hr break between pve's. I was kind of expecting d3 to troll us and start it as soon as the last one finished!
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seriously D3? So soon after the 5 day grindfest you gave us?
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Man am I ever fatigued. Been putting up scores high enough to get 10th then 22nd in the last two PvE's respectively. Not sure I have the energy for another one!

Really interesting to have a mix of Required characters, I like that. Especially because I'm being rewarded for working my tail off to get 4 star.png Thor in the last event.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    this just a mockery and devs seems are sick sadists.
    they can stamp new tinykitty characters every week but can't come up with anything better than just completely repeat previous event right after one ended.
    blah... seems that soon they will be releasing character every day or so icon_evil.gif

and forum glitches, I can even whine properly icon_twisted.gif
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    Second verse, same as the first. I was really hoping for a day off from PVE. Oh well.

No rest for the wicked!
  • So obviously, timing will be different since the event is 1 day shorter.

For anyone who jumped in with the grinders, is the first sub still 36 hours?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow. That boosted character list is ... special.

So I guess Thora is the Essential character, then?
  • papa07 wrote:
    So obviously, timing will be different since the event is 1 day shorter.

Looks like each stub will be 24 hours long.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    So I guess Thora is the Essential character, then?
    She and Blade
  • SharnDM wrote:
    papa07 wrote:

That would mean we'd be missing 12hrs somewhere as its 3.5 days long. I'd guess a 36 hr sub and 2x 24 subs so that they can all end at 5am UK time!
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SharnDM wrote:
    papa07 wrote:

84 hours total (3.5 days), so I'm guessing 24/36/24 or 24/24/36 to flip the end time to US friendly eventually.
  • Meh. She definitely doesn't look as good as grocket. No way I'm sleep depriving myself for this psylocke part 2.

Specially when blade covers are on the line.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow.

Same PVE as the one you JUST FINISHED? Check.
    4* reward last time making you grind, new character this time making you grind? Check.
    Only new characters (3*, 4*) as boosted, so you only have them covered if you paid? Check.
    Still 2.5 hour refresh rates, making it to T50 (much less T10) only possible if you grind like crazy? Check.
    Oh, but you can rubber-band at the end right? Except if you are in alliance, force alliances to grind. Check.
    And of course, PVE's still don't have time selection, so no good for anyone not in mainland US, check.

This is just...the worst.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Meh. She definitely doesn't look as good as grocket. No way I'm sleep depriving myself for this psylocke part 2.

Specially when blade covers are on the line.

I'll probably play at least hard enough to get in the 150 ranking. Shouldn't be too rough with those nodes that require 4 star.png Thor. Really winnows down some of the competition.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Only new characters (3*, 4*) as boosted, so you only have them covered if you paid? Check.
    I'm not trying to be snarky but I didn't buy a single cover and my Blade's 5/1/5 and will be covered-maxed by the end of Psylocke's PVP. I also have Beast cover-maxed but who cares, right? icon_e_wink.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 different essential characters in the same sub?
    I happen to have both but with only 50/1000 players winning a Thor cover you are going to see a lot of unhappy customers
  • I'm taking my chances and forfeiting the first sub in protest of buffed juggs/hood/goons. I'm not sure why anyone thought making a generic gangster the strongest character in the game was a good idea. Who's with me!? icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
  • I will say this again - the fact that they're running the same PVE TWICE IN A ROW is utterly, utterly dumb. I mean, seriously dumb. It's going to make people HATE this event.

If I was the writer for the event (all 50 lines of dialogue), I'd be pissed. It's basically making sure people stop paying attention to it ever again.
  • Well I shall do my best. Least I have blade. Dd not win lady Thor. And I was ripped from winning her in an old alliance. Better blame them for that. I'll manage though my blade is almost fully covered