The Gauntlet: Dec. 10 - Dec. 15

Options
mags1587
mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
Complete the Gauntlet and get your shiny new Loki green cover!

Powered Up!
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_caroldanvers.png Captain Marvel
icon_mystique.png Mystique
icon_shehulk.png She-Hulk

star.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.png Wolverine
icon_moonstone.png Moonstone
icon_storm.png Storm

Rewards

Round 1: Wilderness Survival
35. 100 iso8.png
123. healthpack.png
235. Recruit Token (Standard)
371. Stockpile (All AP)
597. 100 iso8.png
796. Power Boost (All colors)
968. 200 iso8.png
1164. Recruit Token (Standard)
1423. 500 iso8.png
1858. Moonstone icon_moonstone.pngblackflag.png

Round 2: Alpine Tactics
119. 250 iso8.png
375. Recruit Token (Standard)
655. 250 iso8.png
959. star.pngstar.png Storm icon_storm.pngyellowflag.png
1353. 500 iso8.png
1720. Recruit Token (The Gauntlet)
2060. 500 iso8.png
2424. 50 imcoin.png
2851. 500 iso8.png
3538. star.pngstar.pngstar.png She-Hulk icon_shehulk.pngblueflag.png

Round 3: Global Domination
203. 100 iso8.png
627. star.pngstar.png Wolverine icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png
1075. 250 iso8.png
1547. Recruit Token (The Gauntlet)
2109. 1000 iso8.png
2644. star.pngstar.pngstar.png Mystique icon_mystique.pngblueflag.png
3152. 1000 iso8.png
3684. 50 imcoin.png
4279. 1000 iso8.png
5218. star.pngstar.pngstar.png Loki icon_loki.pnggreenflag.png

Notes:
  • There are 3 maps in the event. Beating the last non-essential node on each map opens up the next map.
  • There are only individual progression rewards; no placement awards (individual or alliance).
  • Points are awarded once per node. Nodes are repeatable but only to collect the additional ISO/token/boost awards.
  • Points are fixed; there is no rubberbanding in this event. Scaling is set at the start of the event based on your roster strength. Some individual scaling does still seem to exist as enemy levels have increased during the event for some players.

Comments

• xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    I know the Gauntlet hasn't awarded an extra cover for the character awarded last PvE, but I did really want another CMarvel cover. Oh well, best complete Gauntlet so I at least have the Loki I need for essentials next PvE (having dumped the last few Loki covers I got from daily rewards and stuff).

It is nice to get another Mystique cover though, I seem to somehow have quite a few of her covers already.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    Are there any mandatory "essential" character nodes? And if so who are they?

Only character I missed was Mystique and I'm going to be pretty sad if I can't complete the Gauntlet b/c of that...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blue MQ cover! wooooo!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djpt05 wrote:

Only character I missed was Mystique and I'm going to be pretty sad if I can't complete the Gauntlet b/c of that...

There are essential character nodes (at least, there were last time). I haven't started yet so I'm not sure who it is, but I'm guessing Captain Marvel.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    I know. I was hoping for clarification from anyone who's gone through it... I'm stuck at work
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    djpt05 wrote:

There are essential character nodes (at least, there were last time). I haven't started yet so I'm not sure who it is, but I'm guessing Captain Marvel.

Yep, Cap Marvel (3***)
  • It's that time of year again where we all praise the Gauntlet to high heavens, and the developers look at all the positive feedback and decide that we won't see it again for a few months.

TAKE THE HINT, DEVELOPERS. THE GAUNTLET IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't touched the competitive aspects of the game in weeks and am happier for it, but sure, I'm in to run the Gauntlet. That's actually fun!
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone else gotten zero points on the final node in the first Gauntlet?

For me, that node doesn't show any points, didn't give the points and didn't give me the final progression award for the first sub.

Am I alone in this?
  • And the tippy-top prize is a brand new cover; this is a new development. I don't remember exactly how they've been laid out in the past, but I do remember that I've never felt compelled to actually complete all of the nodes before. This will be a neat challenge.
  • orionpeace wrote:

For me, that node doesn't show any points, didn't give the points and didn't give me the final progression award for the first sub.

Am I alone in this?

I made it half way through the 1st Portion before I received any achievement prizes. It seems as though the server is delayed icon_cry.gif
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:

Am I alone in this?

i get all 1858 points in round 1 but dont receive moonstone cover
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I predict that I will rage quit the gauntlet like I have the previous 2. I am guessing somewhere early in the 3rd section. I do want the blue She Hulk and that is why I will not rage quit in the 2nd section like last time. Although last time I needed to finish the 2nd progression to get a cover I needed I rage quit in hte 2nd node.

I like the gauntlet becuase I get a nice relaxing weekend where I only have to deal with PVP. I don't like the gauntlet becuase the 2nd half of the gauntlet makes me want to throw my electronic device against the wall.

Yes I am aware I am talking to myself and that I have anger management issues.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dingao666 wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:

Am I alone in this?

i get all 1858 points in round 1 but dont receive moonstone cover
    I earned all points and received all rewards.
  • only problem I have with this event is that you still have the pressure to complete it as soon as possible or risk having higher level nodes which is unfair for those who just wants to relax and take their time to play.
  • silverrex wrote:
    only problem I have with this event is that you still have the pressure to complete it as soon as possible or risk having higher level nodes which is unfair for those who just wants to relax and take their time to play.

You've got that right. I'm desperate to complete this. I want that Loki cover, but I've never even come close to finishing a Gauntlet. Got to push like mad to see the end before it skyrockets.
  • I got 1823 points and finished all nodes of first gauntlet, but I did not get moonstone and I don't have anymore points to gain on the first sub. Is this a bug?
  • I am in the crowd of I completed all the nodes in the first part of the gauntlet but did not recieve all my pts. I kept going back and forth trying to find a node with points still. Guess I miss out on 500 iso (2* cap. Marvel)
  • Adam12
    Adam12 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    only problem I have with this event is that you still have the pressure to complete it as soon as possible or risk having higher level nodes which is unfair for those who just wants to relax and take their time to play.

You've got that right. I'm desperate to complete this. I want that Loki cover, but I've never even come close to finishing a Gauntlet. Got to push like mad to see the end before it skyrockets.

I don't believe the Gauntlet has community scaling.
  • I don't remember there being community scaling for the Gauntlet. I thought it was purely per player. Am I wrong?