And from Mags1587's awesome guide:

Episode 5: Meet Rocket & Groot
Length of Event: 4.5 days or 3.5 days
Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
Number of Sub-Events: 3
Length of Sub-Events: 36 or 24 hours
Main Nodes after Sub-Events End? No
Other Notes:

The first run of the event was 4.5 days with three 36 hour sub-events. The second run of the event was 3.5 days with two 24 hour and one 36 hour sub-events (Sub 1: 24 hours; Sub 2: 24 hours; Sub 3: 36 hours).

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    is this a 3 hour or 8 hour refresh
  • slidecage wrote:

As per the recent announcement, this, and all future PVE should now be on an eight hour refresh!

And there was much rejoicing.
  • Couldn't they have made it a yellow award? I don't need any of these covers, so I guess it's a good time to see how slice 3 works for me. Slice 4 has been terrible.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Was hoping for a R&G yellow cover for progression or a black Gamora cover since those were the ones I have none of at all. R&G seems great and all, but with zero yellow covers they're currently missing the true healing that would be good for some sustained play.

Don't particularly need the DD covers either, but at least that means I already have the next essential character, so I can feel mostly free to place where-ever. Though that green X-force at top2 is looking tasty. Might have to just brave it and join an hour or so into slice 3 and hope I don't get matched with people who I know will out grind me.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Well, I'll certainly take it easy on this event, as my main target is R&G progression reward.
  • slidecage
    edited February 2015
    j12601 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

As per the recent announcement, this, and all future PVE should now be on an eight hour refresh!

you mean the people with only major roasters and tons of money, while the little man will be crushed. Almost all of the scores will be the same up until the final 8 hours and then the people with the great roasters and money will be able to grind and buy all of the health packs they want.

Fun while it lasted hopefully whenver (should say IF EVER) the daily Pves hit it will have something to do, but with 8 hour refresh no reason to even log then 3 times a day if that ( Also very VERY glad i did not toss in major cash tonight to max out my X force tonight )

might just been my bracket but i came in 19th in my last 8 hour event. 13th in this 3 hour event.

start time sort of suck 9pm (6am) 3pm--- i would be 9pm 9am 5pm
    if i pick 6am 2pm 10pm 9am 5pm 10pm (so late 3 then a 3 hour earlY)

man going to really suck picking a time this time
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    How hard is one going to have to grind to get into the stay in the top 10 for the red?

Never mind, it's a largely rhetorical question.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

you mean the people with only major roasters and tons of money, while the little man will be crushed. Almost all of the scores will be the same up until the final 8 hours and then the people with the great roasters and money will be able to grind and buy all of the health packs they want.

Fun while it lasted hopefully whenver (should say IF EVER) the daily Pves hit it will have something to do, but with 8 hour refresh no reason to even log then 3 times a day if that ( Also very VERY glad i did not toss in major cash tonight to max out my X force tonight )

might just been my bracket but i came in 19th in my last 8 hour event. 13th in this 3 hour event.

Your claim was debunked in the 8 hour test event
  • fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Your claim was debunked in the 8 hour test event

Not exactly cause that event had a completely different mechanic that staggered/overlapped sub events. In the typical, one-sub-event-at-a-time story there will likely be far less separation. I think they probably should have met somewhere in the middle, like 5 hour refreshes for standard one sub at a time events, and 8 hours for the staggered/overlapping events.
  • 12 or 24 hour refreshes are my dream. 9am & 9pm? Yeah... icon_cool.gif
  • WHOOOO YES I WONT SUFFER FROM NOT HAVING STARLORD CUZ 4* ARE ONLY ESSENTIAL FOR ONE EVENT THEN THEY'RE THROWN AWAY FOREVER!!! DAREDEVIL PRIZES!!!!

R&G progression will be nice though.
  • Any word on who the essentials are? Obviously the new Star-Lord, but just him or Mohawk Storm and R&G too? I assume R&G since they're a progression reward, but then Storm is listed above them.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    WHOOOO YES I WONT SUFFER FROM NOT HAVING STARLORD CUZ 4* ARE ONLY ESSENTIAL FOR ONE EVENT THEN THEY'RE THROWN AWAY FOREVER!!! DAREDEVIL PRIZES!!!!

Typically star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png featured events have split essentials. Based on Storm as a placement reward it will probably be S-L/Mohawk
  • fmftint wrote:
    Typically star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png featured events have split essentials. Based on Storm as a placement reward it will probably be S-L/Mohawk

That was my thinking, thanks. I've got a Mohawk cover set to expire tonight and was planning on selling her. Now I've got to make space, darn lol
  • slidecage
    just to clear something up im not talking about the event that made me glad i did not toss real money into the game, it was the fact for some reason i never noticed that you need the first cover to buy more covers. meaning I have one cover on my XFORCE an thought i could upgraded him to the 13 slots (you need the first cover color before you can buy more. Some reason i though once you unlocked them you could BUY all of the covers but found out you cant until you unlock each color. Though it seems i will have them unlocked as daily rewards so till may max him out in the future.

still up in the air about what time im picking.

Also the next event i can just coast already have daredevil so will have the needed person for the next PVE

hopefully people can push how long sub 1 is
  • fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    WHOOOO YES I WONT SUFFER FROM NOT HAVING STARLORD CUZ 4* ARE ONLY ESSENTIAL FOR ONE EVENT THEN THEY'RE THROWN AWAY FOREVER!!! DAREDEVIL PRIZES!!!!

I understand that - just the prizes are tinykitty, besides progression, so I don't care if I'm last place because A) I already have daredevil and B) His covers don't matter because I'm only using him as an essential mule.

What I'm saying is, I'm glad Starlord won't be preventing me from getting a new character, or actually good covers, etc.
  • icon_rocket.pngblueflag.png prog. and done.

Everything else is unwanted/unneeded/irrelevant.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Essentials are Star-Lord (in 2) and...
    Rocket & Groot
  • Someone always complain...
    Progress reward is perfect for me - needed last cover - blue Groot. Ok, 66% of players might need yellow so they will complain.
    Cover rewards - Daredevil... I have him maxed, so I don't complain, even I can... but 70% of players will complain that they already have him maxed...
    Even there would be different cover, always someone who has this cover will complain.
    IF there is new cover, they would complain again, because they can not reach for it...
    Damned boring, these complains:-))
    I feel relaxed - I will play just for fun, get the progress reward and quit.

Why so serious?:-) icon_twisted.gif
  • ironpastor
    ironpastor Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Somebody can tell me how many players are in the slice one of 'Meet Rocket and Groot' at this moment?