Length of Sub-Events: Sub 1: 36 hours; Sub 2: 24 hours
Main Nodes after Sub-Events End? No

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The event for me shows only top 20 get 2 covers

never played this event. Is it fun (easier then most) at least its only 2 days long (like most pves should be)
  • Only thing notable for me is more chances at Iron Fist(since I already have 5 blackflag.png pun). And Deadpool vs MPQ is always a pleasure to play.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, it's Deadpool, of whom I'm not especially fond. On the other, it involves matchups against most of the characters in the game, so the different rosters are useful. On the third hand (what can I say, I love the Addams family), there are no all-goon nodes, which I find useful as ways to score points while letting my team heal at the same time. (Thank you, Thing.)
  • It's 2.5 days... Actually gain something out of the grind instead of 20 ISO... If only i didn't have such a full life, i could hit more than 1 refresh a day.
  • I just want to know why Deadpool isn't perma-buffed in this event. Seriously.
  • bahukma wrote:
    I just want to know why Deadpool isn't perma-buffed in this event. Seriously.

He should get a 1 level buff, just so he stands out right ahead of the rest any characters who happen to be the same level as him.
  • After tonight, I'm very glad to see Punisher as the reward. Nothing makes a PvE more fun than only caring about the progression rewards.
  • After tonight, I'm very glad to see Punisher as the reward. Nothing makes a PvE more fun than only caring about the progression rewards.
    starlord as top prize too, this is like a "here, have a great IF cover" event
  • This is great. A short event with rewards I don't need, other than IF of course.

I just hope we don't jump staright to a new character release after this one. If we only get a 3 day break between new character grinds, I'm gonna be mad.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punisher as the prize makes me wonder if they plan to run the Hulk event next.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    This is great. A short event with rewards I don't need, other than IF of course.

I just hope we don't jump staright to a new character release after this one. If we only get a 3 day break between new character grinds, I'm gonna be mad.

If they keep to the every two weeks, there should be at least one more PVE after this one before the next new character release.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All i need for Punisher is red but i guess having that as alliance cover would have been too much too ask after hood blue last time icon_e_wink.gif
  • Why don't #21-#50 get a 2nd cover? Is this intentional, or a mistake like last time?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DaPuzzler wrote:
    Why don't #21-#50 get a 2nd cover? Is this intentional, or a mistake like last time?

I posted this question in the general forum, but haven't received an answer yet.
  • DaPuzzler wrote:
    Why don't #21-#50 get a 2nd cover? Is this intentional, or a mistake like last time?

I posted this question in the general forum, but haven't received an answer yet.

I answered this question in the general forum, but it was in English, so no one can read it.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24712#p307261
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ronnin wrote:
    DaPuzzler wrote:

I answered this question in the general forum, but it was in English, so no one can read it.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24712#p307261

Appreciate the answer. Missed that post. I guess I was just too stupid.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, I have a question - I joined Slice 3 at around noon today - I believe my particular bracket opened at 11:30 or so - it was very new. I got 3060 points from doing a full clear. So now it is about five and a half hours later, and the top person is BoT2563 at 7905. That's more than twice my point total. 1-8 all have more than twice my point total, I'll record their names here as I want to see what they look like at the end of the sub:

X-HELLRAISER-X, mykul421, jullsun, Cama30, ssseba, quick69, jnaathra,Cds02_50 Joaki

What are they doing? We haven't seen any refreshes yet, it's only been five hours. Did they do multiple clears? Last time I saw something like this early on in a sub, they were the leader in the main as well. One of the reasons I'm putting this hear is so I can remember these names and see if they maintain this lead.

I'm just wondering if we're not doing this right - hitting the subs every eight hours then grinding like hell at the end...
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I'm just wondering if we're not doing this right - hitting the subs every eight hours then grinding like hell at the end...

if your personal schedule tolerates that then yes that is optimal. for me personally ive done three clears (non optimal) which sets my timers to refresh at around 7 tomorrow morning. ill do probably 3 clears between then and 6pm when the sub ends, depending on scaling and health pack use. i personally dont look to grind timers to zero as im not looking for top 10 or 20. most events im easily top 50 with the essential and my grind patterns. this event top 150 is fine for me, so i may even skip a clear.

there are people who may have done more clears because they have other commitments that will keep them from doing clears later, so its best to do as many clears in one sitting to compensate for each one you know you cant do. not optimal, buts its better than losing all the points.
  • thanos8587 wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

if your personal schedule tolerates that then yes that is optimal. for me personally ive done three clears (non optimal) which sets my timers to refresh at around 7 tomorrow morning. ill do probably 3 clears between then and 6pm when the sub ends, depending on scaling and health pack use. i personally dont look to grind timers to zero as im not looking for top 10 or 20. most events im easily top 50 with the essential and my grind patterns. this event top 150 is fine for me, so i may even skip a clear.

there are people who may have done more clears because they have other commitments that will keep them from doing clears later, so its best to do as many clears in one sitting to compensate for each one you know you cant do. not optimal, buts its better than losing all the points.

There are also players who didn't manage to get Iron Fist that are trying to get as many points as fast as possible to reach the 13k progression, hoping they can still do the essentials before the sub ends.
  • Man_Thing
    Man_Thing Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    thanos8587 wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

There are also players who didn't manage to get Iron Fist that are trying to get as many points as fast as possible to reach the 13k progression, hoping they can still do the essentials before the sub ends.

That's exactly my situation. I missed him last PVE. (I had a very busy weekend.) I'm currently at 11,019 for the first sub, which ends in about 10 hours. I'm going to try letting the nodes refresh a little and hit them again before work. Hopefully, I can hit 13k and start doing the essential nodes.

I don't need Punisher black, but some of my teammates do, so I'm trying for them. In addition, getting Iron Fist before the second sub might give me a fighting chance at top 20 and the green Punisher cover that I do need.