Dark Avengers: Heroic (March 16-March 22)

jffdougan
jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
Starting now, will continue to update on and off throughout the event as new information becomes available.

Powered up and only available characters:
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_professorx.png (essential)
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_daredevil.png (essential)
icon_storm.png
star.pngstar.png
icon_blackwidow.png
icon_humantorch.png
icon_thor.png
star.png
icon_ironman.png
icon_hawkeye.png

There is currently one repeatable node in the main event.

Additional characters for first sub:
:star:star.pngstar.png
icon_humantorch.png
icon_squirrelgirl.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_captainamerica.png

star.png
icon_blackwidow.png

The three essential nodes are one each for Professor X, Daredevil, and Storm.

Additional characters for second sub (Facilities)
:star:star.pngstar.png
icon_blade.png
:Gamora:

star.pngstar.png
icon_caroldanvers.png

star.png
icon_storm.png

Essential nodes are 2 x icon_professorx.png and 1 x icon_storm.png

Additional characters for third sub (Rooftops)
star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_wolverine.png
icon_cyclops.png

star.pngstar.png
icon_magneto.png

star.png
icon_blackwidow.png

Progression Rewards:
400: Standard token
800: 100 iso8.png
1200: Boost all
1600: healthpack.png
2000: AP Stockpile (all)
3000: 250 iso8.png
4000: icon_thor.pngredflag.png
6000: 250 iso8.png
8000: event token
10000: 250 iso8.png
12000: icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
14000: 500 iso8.png
16000: icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png
18000: 1000 iso8.png
20000: Event token
22000: 500 iso8.png
24000: icon_storm.pnggreenflag.png

Placement Rewards:
1-2: XForce blackflag.png + rewards for 3-10
3-10: icon_ragnarok.pngredflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png , 3000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
11-20: icon_ragnarok.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png, 2500 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
21-50: icon_ragnarok.pnggreenflag.png , 2500 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png
51-150: icon_ragnarok.pnggreenflag.png , 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
151-200: icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png , 1500 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png
201-300: icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png , 1000 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png
301-400: icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png, 500 iso8.png
401-500: 3 Standard tokens, 250 iso8.png
501-600: 2 Standard tokens, 250 iso8.png
601-800: Standard token,250 iso8.png
80-1000: 250 iso8.png

Alliance Rewards:
1-2: icon_ragnarok.pnggreenflag.png , 2000 iso8.png , 250 imcoin.png
3-50: icon_ragnarok.pnggreenflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
51-100: icon_ragnarok.pnggreenflag.png, 2000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
101-250: 1500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500: 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
501-1000: 500 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
1001-1750: 250 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
1751-2500: 200 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
2501-5000: 200 iso8.png
5001-10000: 140 iso8.png

Subevent Placement awards (no alliance awards)
1-2: Event token x 3, 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
3-5: Event token x 2, 1000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png
6-10: Event token, 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
11-50: Event token, 250 iso8.png
51-75: Standard token x 3, 250 iso8.png
76-100: Standard token x 2, 250 iso8.png
101-150: Standard token, 250 iso8.png
151-200: 250 iso8.png

Ending times (All are Central Daylight Time - Chicago on a standard world clock)
Slice 1 closes at 8:00 AM Sunday, March 22
Slice 2 closes at 2 PM
Slice 3 closes at 5 PM
Slice 4 closes at 11 PM
Slice 5 closes at 2 AM Monday, March 23.

Format (from mags guide), adapted for this run:
Heroic Dark Avengers
Length of Event: 5.5 days
Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? No
Number of Sub-Events: 3
Length of Sub-Events: Sub 1 = 36 hours, Sub 2 = 48 hours, Sub 3 = 48 hours
Main Nodes after Sub-Events End? No, the final node is open during the final sub event
Other Notes:
  • Minimal rubberbanding on the main nodes after sub-events end.

Updated at the beginning of second sub-event in order to add additional characters and durations.

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 day event? got to wonder if that means the event after this would push another new star into play since it would be two weeks.

shocked they would run 2 long events back to back. people complaining now about how long hunt was.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    6.5 days? limited roster? Im out
    Casual play to Prof X progression cover, betting it will RANDOMLY be purple
  • fmftint wrote:

They haven't been doing 4* progression covers for any of the recent new releases, so I wouldn't anticipate getting one here. The question I have is will Ragnarok blue be a progression award or will his covers be the regular 3* reward and, if so, in what order?
  • jffdougan
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

They haven't been doing 4* progression covers for any of the recent new releases, so I wouldn't anticipate getting one here. The question I have is will Ragnarok blue be a progression award or will his covers be the regular 3* reward and, if so, in what order?

Since they've tweaked formats for events before, and this will be the event's first run since 8 hour refreshes, anything I have posted above so far is still subject to change. I anticipate the preview being available in the next hour or so. I'll be home & eating dinner by then, and will furiously update as soon as I can after the kids are more or less settled down for the evening.

Ben, I suspect that the max progression cover will be Daredevil and that Ragnarok will be the placement reward, with a Gauntlet to follow this one. This is especially true if they shorten the Heroic event.
  • jffdougan
    slidecage wrote:
    7 day event? got to wonder if that means the event after this would push another new star into play since it would be two weeks.

shocked they would run 2 long events back to back. people complaining now about how long hunt was.

The big complaint about the Hunt was also that it was overlapping subs. Other events with multiple subs (Simulator, Brotherhood) have them on the same clock.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I can only recall one instance where a 4* has offered for progression since I started playing and that was the first heroic Oscorp. According to D3, some guy that nobody has ever heard of has about 90% of the score needed to reach it, even though no one I know of based on the forums was even within 50% of that score.
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    If I remember correctly from Star Lord's debut, the essentials will be a mix of the 4* (Prof X) and 3* (Daredevil) rewards from the last event?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rags blue is top 20. Can you conspiracy theorists who complain about the most wanted cover always being top 10 stop complaining now? You guys need to move onto something else, like how this heroic features a 4* and is for a desired new cover, in which case I'm one step ahead of you, since anyone that calls Rags blue a "desired" cover is out of their mind.
  • I think the title on this one needs to be fixed.

Should read "PVE: Week Off - March 16-22"
  • Mohawk Storm again? ****?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    A heroic with a 4* essential that most have zero of, and a few have one or two covers of, and a very few have a semi-usable one....

And T20 for the worst (?) cover that is the new cover for a character that was "buffed" to a point that no one wants him....

What? No. Just....no. Skip, next!

This isn't a very nice "reward" for getting a Charles cover, which I heard referred today as "the most comically bad character ever" with only pink covers.
  • fmftint
    Runs through Sunday, pass I'd sooner buy all those covers than subject myself to this one
  • On a certain level, D3's slavish devotion to the RNG for determining prizes, regardless of whether it serves or completely undermines the events prize structure, is almost admirable.

Wait, did I say admirable? I mean the stupidest tinykitty thing ever.

Guys, you had one thing to do here to get people interested in this event: make the blue Rags cover gettable for people. No one wants to grind this thing for a week for 2% of the playerbase to get the only cover anyone wants.

If cueball is in the tokens, I might start during the first sub, but otherwise, it's the last day express.
  • Will they still be having limited rosters or can we use anyone that isn't a dark avenger with a couple boosted?
  • fmftint
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    A heroic with a 4* essential that most have zero of, and a few have one or two covers of, and a very few have a semi-usable one....

And T20 for the worst (?) cover that is the new cover for a character that was "buffed" to a point that no one wants him....

What? No. Just....no. Skip, next!

This isn't a very nice "reward" for getting a Charles cover, which I heard referred today as "the most comically bad character ever" with only pink covers.
    Guess we know what the loaner will be once he hits the PvP circuit
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    At least Daredevil + MoStorm gives you a nice rainbow to use. That's something, right? And OBW makes a nice third character.

Of course I have no Xavier and already have a 5/5/0 Rags and a fully covered MoStorm, so no real need to worry about placement or progression except for purposes of getting some ISO. So a nice relaxing PvE.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Rags blue is top 20. Can you conspiracy theorists who complain about the most wanted cover always being top 10 stop complaining now?
    Top 20 is usually the cut off for two covers for new character releases. (Top 50 being the cutoff for two covers on existing characters.). Since Rags blue is the only new cover it makes sense that they made it the top 20 one.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Rags blue is top 20. Can you conspiracy theorists who complain about the most wanted cover always being top 10 stop complaining now? You guys need to move onto something else, like how this heroic features a 4* and is for a desired new cover, in which case I'm one step ahead of you, since anyone that calls Rags blue a "desired" cover is out of their mind.
    Well, Rags blue isn't maybe a highly desirable cover... but it's a new one and the only reward that could have interested me.
    I'm a bit disappointed, I hoped they would have made this new cover easily reachable in top 150... you know, to let us test their brand new Rag icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Oh, I'll play this PvE, for spideycoin.png & iso8.png and to feed my addiction... but I know it's not my one-covered icon_professorx.png that will push me into top 20. icon_rolleyes.gif Anyway, I'm not in a hurry, eventually these blue covers will come to me.
  • Event is 5.5 days long, not 6.5 as previously. I expect that will mean three 1.5 day subs, with 1 day of main nodes only at the end of the event.

Primary featured characters are: Professor X, Daredevil, Mohawk Storm, OBW, 2*Torch, 2*Thor, 1*IM, 1*Hawkeye. As in recent heroics, I expect there will *also* be a rotating list of additional characters available per sub, though only this list will be used for the final day of main nodes.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    So where's Xavier as top progression in this pve? Is this normal for new 4* required character?