The Gauntlet - March 22-27

Options
We appear to be back to rewards based completely on progression...

Boosted characters

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_ragnarok.png Ragnarok
icon_daken.png Daken
icon_squirrelgirl.png Squirrel Girl

star.pngstar.png
icon_captainamerica.png Captain America
icon_moonstone.png Moonstone
icon_storm.png Storm

Essential nodes

Wilderness survival: Ragnarok
Alpine tactics: Ragnarok (first branch), Daken (second branch)
Global Domination: Ragnarok (first branch), Squirrel Girl (second branch)

Notable rewards

Wilderness Survival
1858 (complete the event): star.pngstar.pngicon_moonstone.pngblackflag.png

Alpine Tactics
959: star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png
1720: Recruit token - The Gauntlet
2424: 50 imcoin.png
3538 (complete the event): star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png

Global Domination
627: star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.pngyellowflag.png
1547: Recruit token - The Gauntlet
2644: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngpurpleflag.png
3684: 50 imcoin.png
5218 (complete the event): star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blade.pnggreenflag.png

Remaining event time countdown

Comments

• I was planning to play, mostly for the Blade cover, but after I met the first 180+ enemies (Sentry/LThor/C.Marvel) as the 10th node on map 2 I decided it isn't worth the effort. Why mess up my pve scaling when I can join the pvp when it offers Blade and make it in top 25 in 1-1.5 hours? Seems pointless.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Personally, I'm racing thru the event since 2*Mag will be nerfed tomorrow:

Every node has Magneto locked out. This isn't cute, D3. This isn't cute at all....

Also, just made it thru all the non-essential nodes in sub 1 and 2 with no problem(sans when 2*Mag was locked out)

On Sim 32, My hulk got anger tiles from Iron Fist's Black. Felt really good to Berserker Rage*3

**WARNING PROFESSOR X IS ON SIM 35 WITH LUKE CAGE WARNING**

Node 37 has deadpool iron fist/luke cage, the devs think they're funny
  • Squirrel Girl purple is one of only four DDQ isn't going to finish off for me in the relatively near future, so I'm going to try and get to it ASAP and then maybe worry about the essentials and the like after.

The Gauntlet is like the exact opposite of PVP, and I love it for it.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will I be able to get to the SG cover without having her on my roster? Really want that Blade green, but I'm assuming I'll need her for an essential to get enough points to reach her progression icon_e_sad.gif
  • I love The Gauntlet, I wish all PvE was like it.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will I be able to get to the SG cover without having her on my roster? Really want that Blade green, but I'm assuming I'll need her for an essential to get enough points to reach her progression icon_e_sad.gif

Yes. You don't need to do essentials to unlock "Global Domination," and her cover comes midway through.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well, I went as far as I could before Magstorm was nerfed tonight, only made it to sim 37. I've got 4 whales saved up at least(meaning I only have one node to actually do that's not essential before I can whale it up unless deadpool is locked out of the final 4), and it'll have to do b/c tomorrow - when MagStorm is dead.

RIP, you were my most efficient team.

----

EDIT: So I remembered that 3*Magneto can get rid of team up tiles and shake the board(duh) so I was able to go further -Last node has deadpool(devs being cheeky again).

Here are the last 5 nodes, I can do all the non-essential ones(haven't done essentials yet) yet if anyone cares, just say:

Sim 38 - Raven/BP/Flamethrower
    Sim 39 - 3*Mag/Scott/X-Force
    Sim 40 - Suck-Lord/Hood/3*Thor
    Sim 41 - Devil Dino/Hulk/4*Thor(AKA we have a ****ton of HP)
    Sim 42 - Deadpool/X-Force/Professor X(AKA you can't whale this)

EDIT 2: HAHAHHAHAH I MANAGED TO USE MAGSTORM ON SIM 42, AND GOT A MATCH 5 BLUE ON MY FIRST TURN SUCK IT D3 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
  • Man, I really wish I would have tried harder to get that ragnarok now.
    I am missing out on so much right now.
  • With the upcoming change to magneto, I'm not really looking forward to this pve. They could've at least picked better two star characters to boost. I'll be happy to just be able to secure a daken at this point
  • I decided to give Iron Fist one last run before he'll be nerfed. I ran the team Iron Fist + X Force + Professor X. Boost purple and a lot of games ended on turn 3 regardless of who the opponent is. Well, it's basically the first good cascade you get has a high chance of ending the game since Surgical Strike + 4 free green AP can keep going for a very long time. Obviously any fight that involves fighting those guys on the other side was hard. In general I think Iron Fist was by far the hardest to fight just because he's punching for 800-1K a turn with his attack tile that you can't do anything about.
  • Wait, so even though I have earned every PvE 3* and 4* in the past couple months, I still can not get Daken in The Gauntlet since I do not have Daken? Daken has not even been a PvE award since I started playing this game.

I have cleared every node in the sub 2 except for the ones that require Daken, and I don't have enough points. Unless I am missing something, this is **** and a slap to the face.
  • Mavrek32 wrote:
    Wait, so even though I have earned every PvE 3* and 4* in the past couple months, I still can not get Daken in The Gauntlet since I do not have Daken? Daken has not even been a PvE award since I started playing this game.

I have cleared every node in the sub 2 except for the ones that require Daken, and I don't have enough points. Unless I am missing something, this is **** and a slap to the face.

Hotshot is awarding Daken as a prize and there should be plenty of time to finish the 3 nodes you need him for in the time between the end of Gauntlet and the end of Hotshot.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How. The. Hell. Do. I. Beat. 37?
  • Peej13 wrote:
    How. The. Hell. Do. I. Beat. 37?

Hulk can get angry off the attack tile, if not apply patch

----

Pro tip: If you Whalebomb a node that causes other nodes to raise 20 levels. I guess D3 is trying to send us a tinykitty message
  • Phantron wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    Wait, so even though I have earned every PvE 3* and 4* in the past couple months, I still can not get Daken in The Gauntlet since I do not have Daken? Daken has not even been a PvE award since I started playing this game.

Hotshot is awarding Daken as a prize and there should be plenty of time to finish the 3 nodes you need him for in the time between the end of Gauntlet and the end of Hotshot.

Thanks, but as a transitioner for what I imagine is a very popular cover, I have little chance of making top 100. That being said, I will try my best to get it, but it feels like I got a huge FU that I am unable to earn it in PvE.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Squirrel Girl for the last 3 essentials sucked. It was basically a team of 2 against scaled up enemies.

At least I'm done another gauntlet and this time without whales!
  • This thing is not 2 star roster friends at all. Keep getting destroyed by IF, doom and storm. So they only boost one good 2 star in storm but add her to these nodes. Great thinking
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    Alchemist4 wrote:
    This thing is not 2 star roster friends at all. Keep getting destroyed by IF, doom and storm. So they only boost one good 2 star in storm but add her to these nodes. Great thinking

i didnt get to the third stage of my first two gauntlets and ive still never finished one (day 145). i wont finish this one either since the final prize is blade green and ive got that maxed (what are the odds?) and theres really no point of going farther than SG.

it gets better and more fun when you have the 3* essentials reasonably covered, but its so random as to who those are. agreed that the 2* buffs for this one are a bit lousy.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Alpine Essential #9 with Thor, Ares and Loki is absolutely erasing my entire roster. Can't Hulk Bomb because of Loki. Doesn't help that I just got my very first Rags cover, so he's terrible. Guess I'll try to MNMags, CStorm before the update, but damn.

I'm perfectly content with not being able to run the final event, but dammit I want that Daken blueflag.png !

EDIT: Ok, that did it. Boosted to the bejeezus so that 1 purple match got me my Polarity Shift into Windstorm into a cascade of perpetual sadness for them.

Is the change going to be an update that we have to download or is this being pushed with no update? Man I'm hoping the new MNMags isn't a complete shadow and that his self-feeding Red will make up for the loss of the extra blue.
  • jquin94
    jquin94 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am thankful that the magneto patch didn't come before I was able to beat the gauntlet. They are my 2 highest level characters, so not having them would've been brutal