400-800 cardpack.png Standard
801-1000 iso8.png

Alliance 1-100 Quicksilver greenflag.png

Length of Event: 5.5 days
Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
Number of Sub-Events: 7 total
Length of Sub-Events: 36/24/24/24/24
Main Nodes after Sub-Events End? No
Unique Reward(s): Sentry Red Cover - One node in the final sub-event (Thunderbolts Mountain) gives a red Sentry cover as a reward. During the first run of the event this node was unlocked via a global progress bar. During the most recent run of the event, this node was unlocked as soon as the player completed nodes in the sub-event.
Other Notes:
Subs 1, 2, and 7 run on their own. Subs 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 run side by side. Sub 3 (LA) & 5 (Washington DC) have lower points and enemy levels than Sub 4 (Wakanda) & 6 (Hell's Kitchen)
Sub-Events:
Sub 1: Manhattan
Sub 2: China
Sub 3: Los Angeles & Sub 4: Wakanda
Sub 5: Washington DC & Sub 6: Hell's Kitchen
Sub 7: Thunderbolts Mountain

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Ugh. I don't like this event. Super grindy especially when 2 subs open concurrently.

Is Cmags buffed for this event? That's not very nice either since they havent given out much of CMags recently and whatever covers i get from tokens seems to be Yellow.

And is there a spelling error for the title in the game? Or is it intentional? I thought the original phrase was Prodigal Son. Is there a reason it's Sun instead? Not very familiar with the story of Sentry.

On the plus side... Ummm... We get a week off from new characters after this event! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Oldboy wrote:
    On the plus side... Ummm... We get a week off from new characters after this event! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    That's what I thought after Thick as Thieves...
  • Oldboy wrote:
    Ugh. I don't like this event. Super grindy especially when 2 subs open concurrently.

Is Cmags buffed for this event? That's not very nice either since they havent given out much of CMags recently and whatever covers i get from tokens seems to be Yellow.

And is there a spelling error for the title in the game? Or is it intentional? I thought the original phrase was Prodigal Son. Is there a reason it's Sun instead? Not very familiar with the story of Sentry.

Play on words for Sentry powers
  • So, 3 character releases back to back huh?

W
    T
    F
    ?

>. <
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Hey - there will be a whole WEEK without new characters after this ends...

sheesh...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh holy **** yes, a tired old PVE to introduce the third new character in as many weeks!

Said absolutely nobody ever.

Pre-anniversary apathy and hatred of the game format back in force. CBF with anything other than DDQ.

GG, devs. GG.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    BRB, calling my broker to invest in torch and pitchfork futures.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    I can't be the only one to wonder about the points available in this because final progression at 14k for a 5.5 day event seems really low IMO. Compared to the previous event where I was only barely able to get all progression rewards this is certainly an improvement presuming they didn't lower the points for the nodes or anything like that. Too bad I don't need the Loki green myself, but it's a vast improvement over MoStorm, and boosted Ares and Daken is fun to play I have to say. Looking forward to trying Ares/Daken/Loki, actives in all colours and three passives should work pretty well, right?

Trying to stay positive here, I agree that the back-to-back-to-back new character releases are kind of pushing it too far, but I just hope this is a one time thing and not something we are going to have to get used to in the long run.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Number of Sub-Events: 5

If I'm not mistaken aren't there a pair of subevents for the 3rd and 4th?
  • pabasa130 wrote:

Supposed to be according to the guide. There is supposed to be 7 subs in all and it goes 1, 2, 3&4, 5&6, 7
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    StevO-J wrote:
    I can't be the only one to wonder about the points available in this because final progression at 14k for a 5.5 day event seems really low IMO. Compared to the previous event where I was only barely able to get all progression rewards this is certainly an improvement presuming they didn't lower the points for the nodes or anything like that. Too bad I don't need the Loki green myself, but it's a vast improvement over MoStorm, and boosted Ares and Daken is fun to play I have to say. Looking forward to trying Ares/Daken/Loki, actives in all colours and three passives should work pretty well, right?

Trying to stay positive here, I agree that the back-to-back-to-back new character releases are kind of pushing it too far, but I just hope this is a one time thing and not something we are going to have to get used to in the long run.

I strongly suspect that the consecutive releases were designed to wrap the Women of Marvel month, tie into the Daredevil series, and start Avengers: Age of Ultron tie-in stuff so that it's all finished on time.

There's no way anybody at D3/Demiurge could confirm that, but that's how the evidence points.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    StevO-J wrote:

I strongly suspect that the consecutive releases were designed to wrap the Women of Marvel month, tie into the Daredevil series, and start Avengers: Age of Ultron tie-in stuff so that it's all finished on time.

There's no way anybody at D3/Demiurge could confirm that, but that's how the evidence points.

That really just means we can expect more consecutive releases any time Marvel has an event or two coming up.
  • pabasa130 wrote:

My mistake, fixed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am hoping this rush through the storyline means that new content is coming soon.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    I am hoping this rush through the storyline means that new content is coming soon.
    Right, and along with that they'll be giving everyone 5000 HP and 1,000,000 ISO. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    They really should have addressed roster slots (cheaper or something) or increased hp gains prior to this. Very poor management that just pisses people off and makes them quit. I don't mind spending money on the game, but not if/when they cost $5 just to add a single char to my roster. That costs so mich more than a typival AAA title.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaazz wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Right, and along with that they'll be giving everyone 5000 HP and 1,000,000 ISO. icon_e_wink.gif
    That would be nice too.
    Here's the thing though: They rarely if ever run consecutive storyline events - it's always interspersed with Heroic Mode, Simulator, Gauntlet etc. Now they have had three storylines in a row, all introducing new characters. I got the feeling from IceIX that they are building up to something, and finishing a storyline cycle would fit nicely into that so they can run another chapter afterwards.
    I could be wrong though. I frequently am.
  • At least we won't be fighting overscaled Ares and Juggernaut in this event.

its-something.jpg
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Because overscaled Thor, Wolverine, Hulk and Falcon being fed purple is so much better... oh and not being able to use XF, LT or GT...
    Remember also about the double goon+HT node - that's fun too!
  • Oldboy wrote:

Knowing D3 they'll have new characters every event until Age of Ultron stops airing in theaters 9 months later
    morgh wrote:
    Hey - there will be a whole WEEK without new characters after this ends...

sheesh...

I don't believe D3. They'll probably have something u can't skip, like a '4* placement for top 150' tourney
    Quebbster wrote:

If by new content u mean characters, you'd be correct, otherwise....