Heroic Venom PvE Discussion Thread 4/10 - 4/17

NorthernPolarity
NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Venom PvE has been announced. Expect limited rosters, buffs to human torch: the usual. Save up your iso for the buffed heroes in the event!

Captain America (Super Soldier)/Thor (Modern) as the top 3* placement awards
Hawkeye (Modern)/Storm (Classic) for the 2* placement awards.

Looks like this event is going to be divided into 2 rounds like Heroic Juggs

Limited Roster:
Iron Man (Model 35)
Storm (Modern)
Wolverine (Astonishing)
Hawkeye (Modern)
Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
Black Panther
Psylocke
Human Torch - Powered Up

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Excited! Definitely hope it works like the last Juggs Heroic split into two.

The first Venom Heroic was horrible. For those who don't remember (which, if you were around, you remember)...if you were in first place in your bracket, every mission was worth 5 points. If you were 2nd or later, every mission was worth 300 points. Ah, rubberbanding at it's finest...
  • NorthernPolarity
    Yeah, I really liked heroic Juggs last time. Hopefully BP is on the list so I can max him out for the event.
  • Save up your iso for the buffed heroes in the event!
    Save up your iso

Save

I've made a terrible mistake...
  • Venom PvE has been announced. Expect to only be allowed to use characters who you haven't levelled, who are terrible and who don't cover all the colours; buffs to the guy who you have 3 covers for at best: the usual. Don't waste your iso on the buffed heroes in the event!

Fixed.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toxicadam wrote:

There's always ISO in the banana stand.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

There's always ISO in the banana stand.
    No touching!
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Featuring the completely speculative and entirely bogus lineup of:

Human Torch
    Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Daredevil. (Because most of the nodes are mob only)
    Magneto (MN) (He won the coin toss with Modern Hawkeye for the countdown tile generator)
    Thor (MN) (Twist the knife a little more for those that sold and say "we warned you")
    Black Widow (Modern) (See! We included Widow in the event!)
    Hawkeye (Classic). (He's feeling neglected and needs dusting off)

Again, pure speculation made for humor only.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    If at least one of my good support guys isn't ruled out like in Heroic Juggs (Hood/oBW/Spidey), I will actually enjoy the event same as most other events.

Hopefully Spidey won't be ruled out because, hey, Venom.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Were any villains buffed in the previous heroics we've had? They seem to all be limited to heroes only.
  • Spidey is a big part of the Venom chapter. Assuming he is allowed outside of mandatory teamup nodes, Spider-Man should make this substantially easier than the last Heroic chapter.

I hope I can just join this one on the last day too.
  • Ugh. Heroics are the worst.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Ghast wrote:
    Spidey is a big part of the Venom chapter. Assuming he is allowed outside of mandatory teamup nodes, Spider-Man should make this substantially easier than the last Heroic chapter.

I hope I can just join this one on the last day too.

I think this just means that we're getting a buffed bagman in those mandatory teamup nodes
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Nuuu Bagman and Bullseye (and Yelena) are the only covers I don't have
  • NorthernPolarity
    I'll bet you guys that Psylockes gonna be a character in this heroic, since she's being handed out as rewards for the widow tourney (which conveniently ends right before the start of the tournament...)
  • Moral wrote:
    Featuring the completely speculative and entirely bogus lineup of:

Human Torch
    Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Daredevil. (Because most of the nodes are mob only)
    Magneto (MN) (He won the coin toss with Modern Hawkeye for the countdown tile generator)
    Thor (MN) (Twist the knife a little more for those that sold and say "we warned you")
    Black Widow (Modern) (See! We included Widow in the event!)
    Hawkeye (Classic). (He's feeling neglected and needs dusting off)

Again, pure speculation made for humor only.

Needs moar. Short one 1* & one 2* character.

I nominate both Storms icon_mrgreen.gificon_e_confused.gificon_cool.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    Ugh. Heroics are the worst.

Heroics are only good for those who have been around long enough to build a sizeable roster so that the restriction doesn't have too significant an impact for them. I only just reached 31 slots after 59 days in the game. Most of the slots are occupied by ***. It will take me a while more before I have the slots to start filling up with the * and ** characters then I can start taking heroics more seriously.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I really liked heroic Juggs last time. Hopefully BP is on the list so I can max him out for the event.
    You, sir, are a masochist.

Fighting 230-level Juggs/Ares or Juggs/Rags combos without a healer and only 2* Cap and Modern Widow to stun/steal was not fun.
  • Yeah, I really liked heroic Juggs last time. Hopefully BP is on the list so I can max him out for the event.

Fighting 230-level Juggs/Ares or Juggs/Rags combos without a healer and only 2* Cap and Modern Widow to stun/steal was not fun.

I had already forgotten all about that... fun times!
  • NorthernPolarity

Scaling wasn't as crazy for me last time iirc. I had fun beating level 130 daken with level 100 IM40 / level 85 Wolvie / level 1 mBW personally =D. I would not have enjoyed that event nearly as much if they were 230s though.
  • Shadow wrote:
    Ugh. Heroics are the worst.

Heroics are only good for those who have been around long enough to build a sizeable roster so that the restriction doesn't have too significant an impact for them. I only just reached 31 slots after 59 days in the game. Most of the slots are occupied by ***. It will take me a while more before I have the slots to start filling up with the * and ** characters then I can start taking heroics more seriously.
    I have a full roster of 38 and everyone worth leveling up is at least level 50 or 60.
    Still doesn't make Heroics fun.