Heroic Venom PvE Discussion Thread 4/10 - 4/17

Options

Comments

• Kuchiri wrote:
    Also. I'm getting pve event withdrawals. When is this event starting?

Not soon enough.

Now that LRs suck and the only reward of interest in Hotshot is a red Rags cover, I'm jonesing for Heroic Venom to start.
  • IceIX wrote:
    We're trying out a change to help out scaling overall starting in Heroic Chapter 3, to go Live very soon.
      - Smoothed scaling over all brackets of PVE rating so that players will see a more gradual bump on enemies
      - Keep in mind that some pins will still be harder than others, this just makes the huge instant bumps less prevalent, although if you join on second one then come in 20 hours later, you should expect to see a change due to Community Scaling.
    - Smoothed the route back down in PVE rating if you're losing in missions so that enemies will get easier quicker. We've put in brakes however so that you can't just retreat your way to easy-dom.
    - Increased the maximum level of enemies from 230 to 400. >230 enemies are intended to only regularly be seen by those players that are already beating up on 230s.

Increasing the maximum enemy level allows us to provide more challenges for the players that are higher in overall roster level and not create a roadblock where those players that are beating down 230s with ease are making scaling work harder for all the other players who aren't there yet.

Edit: Yes mods, there's supposed to be a Shadow Topic in General that leads to Events for this. Don't kill it. icon_e_smile.gif

Increased the maximum level of enemies to Level 400 icon_e_surprised.gif
  • and slowed down the rate it would take to get there, supposedly

Looks like a new evolution of scaling how it will play out we shall see
  • Increased the maximum level of enemies to Level 400 icon_e_surprised.gif

Even with a 5-5-3 Spidey, that's a lot of damn grinding to finish the board.
  • Hoping the scaling change means I will rarely get to 230 now, let alone 400. . .
  • Level 400 Daken + Bullseye + Magneto, I'm getting PTSD from just imagining it.....
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options

400 lvl bullseye + 400 lvl daken will funny icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Even if it's improved, I think community scaling is terrible - it means people with convenient schedules now have a double advantage; one to get the low missions, the other to take maximum advantage of rubberbanding. I hate how they keep making PVE more and more dependent on multiplayer, and in doing so make it a lot less fun.
  • I am NOT looking forward to the inevitable lvl 400 Daken nodes. But others have 5 blue Spidey, so that will certainly help me.
  • I bet they're putting in the support for my idea of a level 2000 alliance raid boss (everyone in alliance fights the same battle, damage is cumulative)!
  • You can't even use the good spiderman on this event...
  • Phantron wrote:
    I bet they're putting in the support for my idea of a level 2000 alliance raid boss (everyone in alliance fights the same battle, damage is cumulative)!

"OK, you've got a lineup of three level 141 heavy-hitters ANDDDDDD they're gone."
  • SolidQ wrote:

level 400 mStorm and juggs will be funnier
  • gamar wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:

level 400 mStorm and juggs will be funnier

Like the node with the two green-producing mooks and the level 240 Rags wasn't scary enough about three events back...
  • Hopefully the lack of 3* spidey and OBW in this one will make scaling stay completely sane throughout. Some people are already sure they are going to start with 400's, I am happy to wait and see how the new tweaks play out.
  • So that should put to rest the Punisher build discussion. 3/5/5 it is! icon_lol.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    suddenly not bored anymore

lvl 400s you say

what builds enemies, 10/10/10?
  • locked wrote:
    suddenly not bored anymore

lvl 400s you say

what builds enemies, 10/10/10?

Normal builds just scaled up to 400.

Which means that X-Force Wolverine or IW may be tough, but Juggernaut is going to make you scream tinykitty whenever he hits that headbutt.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:

Which means that X-Force Wolverine or IW may be tough, but Juggernaut is going to make you scream tinykitty whenever he hits that headbutt.
    jugg 230 lvl has 18k+ hp. i can't believe hp at 400 lvl 30k+? icon_lol.gif
  • Level 400 enemies is bollocks. Or, more accurately: having level 400 enemies in the game that only some people have to fight is bollocks. There should be challenging missions in the game that are a real uphill battle regardless of one's line-up, but those should be special fights that carry commensurate rewards. They should not be nuclear deterrents to those players who just happen to have the audacity to play the game well with the characters provided them.

But I don't want to complain about an event before I've even played it. Maybe scaling is really functional this time, and it won't be an issue.