Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    i think shields are intended as a convenience thing, not for hopping, so i don't think they want to encourage it.

could always be wrong, but...

I completely agree it wasn't the intention, but it's what seems to happen. Especially towards the last 2-4 hours. Either way, D3P makes their money I'm sure. Just more of an option for those in the top placement hunt, etc.
  • daveomite
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    I must be in a low bracket. ~~knocks on wood~~

For the first time ever, I hit 1st Place in my bracket last night. Pushed a little further (633), and another first for me was shielding. I am now 2nd. With one guy ahead of me at 685 unshielded. There were 2 ahead me earlier, but I guess one got attacked back to 3rd.

I really want the 1st place spot. It would be awesome to finally hit that kind of reward. Any suggestions on when to unshield and push?

how far ahead are you? The last 2 hours will be the most hectic usually, as many wait until the end to join. If there's not a lot of activity in your bracket, get as high as you can, and grab at least a few hour shield. Just monitor other players in the standings, you'll see if anyone is creeping up usually. Good luck!

Speaking of which...I think it would be awesome if there was a 30 minute or 1 hour shield, maybe for 25 hp. Those times when you need to shield hop, it's basically wasting hp if you are actually breaking shield, etc. Be nice for a shorter/cheaper one.
    I dropped to #11 in our bracket of death. icon_e_sad.gif I need to find me an easier bracket... what time is best for an easy bracket?

Ouch. Sorry to hear. Looks like it's edouble making a climb. Funny, have him in a node right now, only problem is, points aren't high enough to knock him below you.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The brackets are different on this event. I started the event 5 hours ago and jumped on a bracket where people was already at 1200 points. My top 10 is shielded since I entered the bracket and they are sitting at 900+. My brother and a friend started at the same time than me and entered another bracket with people in their 1k+. Another friend started 30 mins later and got a fresh bracket. He is sitting in 600+ being top 20 >< the game is getting really dificult to understand. Its been 3 PvE events in a row where I'm top 5 in points in my alliance yet I end in a bracket were my points means top 250 instead of top 100 -_-'
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

For the first time ever, I hit 1st Place in my bracket last night. Pushed a little further (633), and another first for me was shielding. I am now 2nd. With one guy ahead of me at 685 unshielded. There were 2 ahead me earlier, but I guess one got attacked back to 3rd.

I really want the 1st place spot. It would be awesome to finally hit that kind of reward. Any suggestions on when to unshield and push?

how far ahead are you? The last 2 hours will be the most hectic usually, as many wait until the end to join. If there's not a lot of activity in your bracket, get as high as you can, and grab at least a few hour shield. Just monitor other players in the standings, you'll see if anyone is creeping up usually. Good luck!

Speaking of which...I think it would be awesome if there was a 30 minute or 1 hour shield, maybe for 25 hp. Those times when you need to shield hop, it's basically wasting hp if you are actually breaking shield, etc. Be nice for a shorter/cheaper one.

I'm currently shielded at 633. Which is 52 points behind the leader, who is not shielded at 685.

And a 30 minutes shield for shield jumping would be awesome! I would be more likely to actually use shields if I could do that.

I'm sure others have an opinion, but if you pass him too soon, that just gives him more time to pass you back up. However, you may have a lurker in your bracket waiting until the last few hours to make a hard push, passing both of you. Sounds like you're in a pretty relaxed bracket though, so, you may be safe.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    i think shields are intended as a convenience thing, not for hopping, so i don't think they want to encourage it.

could always be wrong, but...

Possibly. But it could produce a higher revenue stream (If you could buy a 30 minute shield for 25/30 hp, the $2.00 HP pack sales would go through the roof. People may not want to or have the financial means to pay for the $5,20,50,100 packs. But almost every has $2.00) from HP sales if we were getting more bang for our buck so to speak. If the benefits out-weighed the cost, more people would do it.

(And I know I have complained about the RTM grab in the game before, but I've somewhat changed my stance a little on it after spending so much time dredging through the forums.)
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

I'm currently shielded at 633. Which is 52 points behind the leader, who is not shielded at 685.

And a 30 minutes shield for shield jumping would be awesome! I would be more likely to actually use shields if I could do that.
    Yeah, unless the MMR bracketing is actually a thing that is happening, Your bracket is not going to end anywhere near 700 for #1.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So is this a typical bracket now?:

ctPrOlwl.jpg

Sucks because unlike most of the people in the top ten I actually need these patch covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i'd love to be in a bracket where #1 is 700.
  • daveomite
    Options
    T-REZ5000 wrote:
    So is this a typical bracket now?:

ctPrOlwl.jpg

Ahhh yes....you are in my most favoritest ever Bracket of Death with a lot of us, lol. I'm Stuck in 14th with my measly 1024.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In response to the guy asking about 2* teams. Just came across a guy in my nodes at 1035 running 85 wolvie and 85 OBW along with his 122 Falcon (lvl 81, 5/4/0, haha). Not really sure how he got that high since he should be a huge target for all the 3* teams.

edit: and another guy at 1018 with only 62 Falcon and max 2* Thor and Daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    maybe they're shield hopping.
  • Unknown
    Options
    People will compete so eagerly for just season points I expect next season they'll drop cover placement rewards entirely ^.~
  • Unknown
    Options
    10297748_10152219019119232_1998431801030721540_n.jpg

Apparently the leader has taken a hit since last time I looked. Yay me. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gificon_twisted.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    Lol...how many forumers can they stick into the same bracket? And how many brackets have any of us been in when the top 20 looked to all be over 1k? Now at 15 as we have a new person joining the party it seems...
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Apparently the leader has taken a hit since last time I looked. Yay me. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gificon_twisted.gif
    Please tell me which date and time you joined... cos I wanna be in your bracket the next time. icon_e_smile.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    kensterr wrote:

Please tell me which date and time you joined... cos I wanna be in your bracket the next time. icon_e_smile.gif

me too....please, lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Lol...how many forumers can they stick into the same bracket? And how many brackets have any of us been in when the top 20 looked to all be over 1k? Now at 15 as we have a new person joining the party it seems...

How many player are in each bracket for TG? It usually says on the tile before you enter the event. But it seems to missing and I can't find it.

And can I just say, as I am trying to line up who to attack one I break my shield, it is a HUGE sea of OBW, Thor, and Ares that are all pumped up to hell and back. icon_neutral.gif

I may not get my #1 spot after all. I may have to break my cherry on that a different day. Unless by some miracle the people in my bracket take down the #1 since he isn't shielded. HA HA.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kensterr wrote:

lol same here my bracket top 20 all have 920 or more its crazy
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We've got brackets where 700 would be good enough for first and brackets where 700 isn't even good enough for 50th place? Okay, maybe there is something weird going on here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    kensterr wrote:

me too....please, lol

Sure. As long as you let me place and keep the heat off of me. LOL.