Maxed: Daken, Thor, Wolverine
Fully covered but not fully leveled: OBW, Storm, Torch, Ares, Hawkeye
9 covers: Magneto

3*
1 cover: Thor, Cap America
2 covers: Daken, Panther, IM40
3 covers: Doc Octopus

4*
Wolverine (1), Invisible Woman (2), Devil Dino (4)

So I have a Punisher that needs to be recruited before I can get enough HP to buy more slots. Punisher is out of rotation for the season amd would just be wasting a roster space. Should I just sell him and keep my roster as it is?

I haven't used Torch so don't know how good he is. Magneto can work together with Storm and Hawkeye. If I were to keep Punisher, who am I better off selling - Torch or Magneto? I haven't invested ISO in both of these characters, if that helps.

I thought about selling Dino at first since he doesn't seem very useful but since I have 4 covers already, seems like a waste to sell him.

Thoughts? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• 2* Torch combos really well with Daken, Thor & OBW
    2* Magneto combos well with CStorm & Hawkeye, and this often comes in handy for beating tough fights you otherwise wouldn't fare well in, but they are terrible on defense in PVP.

It's sad to say but out of all the characters you listed, Invisible Woman is your least useful. If you absolutely have to get rid of someone to make room for Punisher, she would get my vote to be cast off the island.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking form my own personal experience, I have three "main" teams; oBW/Torch, Magento/Hawkeye, and Wolverine/Daken.

Each one is pretty damn good at throwing down some serious pain, but each one does it a little differently, so they tend to be better versus different comp - team 3 has a better sustain, however, team two has infinitely better burst damage, but, team one has the best color coverage (so the best average damage) and it an absolute ace in PvE because of Widow.
  • Thanks! Seems I have to try Torch with OBW/Daken to see his power. He seems a bit squishy so I was hesitant to focus on him.

IW was my first choice to get rid of as well, but Anniversary Token gave me a 2nd cover, so she stayed. My thought was ... who knows, they might buff her someday?

With luck, I will be about 2-3 days behind in earning HP for roster slots. That was why I thought of selling the 2 star first. Seems easier to collect 2* again when I have the slot. But with me hoarding tokens due to lack of roster space, maybe getting those covers back would be harder than I thought, so maybe IW should get the boot after all, as she'd be doing nothing taking up roster space.
  • You have a rich 2* roster. I have all the same except Torch. I'd like to have him but my roster got filled with 3* before I maxed his covers so he got out.

I'd suggest getting IW off your list. I have her with 3 covers and I don't know why I keep her. She just made it through the times that I was suffering for space. You will be getting a lot of 3* covers with your roster now. More space is your ultimate goal at the moment. It gets easier after you have around 35 slots because you can fit in all the good 3* and throw away just the mediocre ones.

Do not sell any 2*. Do not hesitate to max them either. You can use them all to have rotating teams for PVP and PVE. With so many 2* maxed you can have the advantage in PVE at all times because at last one of them will be buffed. Focus on getting more slots to get in more 3*.

You cannot always afford to throw away someone for someone else. And this is an issue you will bump to many times over the next weeks/months. Try to manage your HP and join a T100 alliance if you already don't have.

I have thrown away covers a lot of times, but it does not really promote progress. On the other hand I am not willing to pay money for prices that I consider broken.
  • I was trying to keep a playable roster and have actually thrown away some 3* because of this, although I know it's been suggested to not throw 3* away. Still, it does seem like everyone is in agreement that everyone in my roster is a keeper and IW is the deadweight, and you all have certainly been playing longer than I have!

I don't know if my scores are enough for a T100 alliance. I did 489 in Magnetic Mayhem and 526 in Trial by Combat. I know a lot of the top alliances have pretty high expectations. I'm in a T500 alliance at the moment, although we fall out of 500 sometimes, which unfortunately means no HP, and definitely need those to expand the roster faster.
  • A T100 alliance is not hard to get into. But you have to have constant 500+ PVP scores and more than half the points of the leader in PVE. You just have to search enough around. I kept searching for around a month before I got to be in a T50 alliance and I only had 3 maxed 2* when this happened. Alliances are more interested in stable play rather than very good performance in one event. Keep searching and PMing and you will get what you want.
  • Thanks for the tip Okin! I haven't been keeping tabs of my previous scores but I do try to make it to the Top 100 whenever possible for the HP and I play everyday. This game is quite addicting, and not in a good way! Lol

So... IW is gone and Punisher is in. Of course, his cover is not available anywhere until next season so I guess he'll be sitting around useless for a very long while. icon_lol.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's a subforum here on the forums where you can post information and Alliances can look at it and get a hold of you, as well as threads for different Alliances that you can get a hold of them in.
  • I guess I'll go and try there. Thanks!