Brackets question

Options
Unknown
edited March 2015 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hello,

Maybe this question has already been asked - how does brackets works ?

I get that every time slots is divided into different brackets, my questions are as follow:

1. Are brackets relevant for what exactly? PVP, PVE events, PVE sub-events ?
2. How does the bracket I'll be in is determined - when I enter an event (I mean for just pressing the event window) or just from the moment I start my first fight in the event/sub-event ?
3. Does brackets becomes easier if I enter a few hours after it starts ? If so then after how many hours brackets becomes easier ? any strategies to avoid hardcore players ?

Comments

• Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hopefully I can help answr your questions:

1.brackets are important in both pve and PVP. Generally you are in the same bracket for pve and pve sub events.

2. This depends on when you join. For pve, if you predegister, I'm not sure if you are placed randomly or according to mmr. If you register after the start, I believe it is done chronologically. For PVP, if you preregister, I believe your bracket is determined by your mmr (your player rating). If you join late, I believe it's done chronologically again.

3. It could be easier or harder lol. If you start later in pve, but end up in a bracket nearly full (950 out of 1000). You will be starting out behind. If you catch a fresh bracket, it should theoretically be easier. It also depends on where you want to place. Top 10 may be more difficult late because top guns from the forum may be waiting to join then. And if more than 10 do it, that top 10 will be very competitive. I would guess top 150 or even top 59 should generally be easier.

For PVP, joining later probably avoids your mmr to a certain extent. I always need to join Kate because I have a 2** roster and routinely place top 100 in PVP. Because of this I would guess my mmr is through te roof compared to my roster strength. So if I preregistered, I would likely be stuck in a *** and **** heavy bracket.

Lastly, not preregistration get in pve will help to avoid many of the very top dogs with very high alliance score minimums.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's not entirely clear to me what do you call preregister? do you mean when I choose a time slice, or what ?
    How does "joining" a bracket is determined, by my first fight ?
  • Preregistered = register before slice start time
  • If I choose a time slice before it starts then it's called preregistration ?
    I didn't know that it matters when I choose a time slice, and that there's a registration and preregistration, I though that it's just a question to make some order. I always choose a time slice before the my time slice starts.... so I shouldn't do it ?
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You are put into a group when you enter a time slice, not when you play your first match.

Follow the logic I stated above based on the fact that fact and it should answer your question.

Short answer: for pve, I think waiting to pick and enter a time slice until at least an hour after the event starts is helpful to avoid the top alliances. That said using the bracket tracking thread in the events area is most helpful to know when to join)

For PVP if your mmr is really low, preregistering is better. If your mmr is higher, joining later can be helpful. Maybe try a couple of each way in PVP and see which way you score better.
  • OK, thanks a lot !! I didn't know all that, just recently I joined the forum.