Polarity's Guide on Going From 1* to 3* (Updated: 1/22/15)

Options

Comments

• cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Firstly great post.
    Secondly: is there a list of costs for adding roster slots? When does the cost of slots increase etc.
    I'm trying to plan ahead (like when to open covers) so that I don't run out of HP to purchase slots and to minimise 3-star wastage.

Is the increase the same each time (2-3 buys at each HP interval) or does it increase by more as you get more slots (increase each buy).
    (Disclaimer: There may be an existing post/topic with these details but my search seems to hit mostly queries on which characters to keep/add to rosters)

I believe it's 50 HP every 3 slots. Not sure about the 1st 25 slots now that they've changed that, but I'm currently at 37 slots and it's 500 HP, I paid 500 for #37, #38 will be 500 also, and #39 & #40 should be 550.
  • cletus1985 wrote:
    Firstly great post.
    Secondly: is there a list of costs for adding roster slots? When does the cost of slots increase etc.
    I'm trying to plan ahead (like when to open covers) so that I don't run out of HP to purchase slots and to minimise 3-star wastage.

Is the increase the same each time (2-3 buys at each HP interval) or does it increase by more as you get more slots (increase each buy).
    (Disclaimer: There may be an existing post/topic with these details but my search seems to hit mostly queries on which characters to keep/add to rosters)

I believe it's 50 HP every 3 slots. Not sure about the 1st 25 slots now that they've changed that, but I'm currently at 37 slots and it's 500 HP, I paid 500 for #37, #38 will be 500 also, and #39 & #40 should be 550.

In later stages it is 50hp increases every 4 slots. Not sure how far back the 50 every 4 slots goes though.

37-40 500hp
    41-44 550hp
    45-48 600hp
    49-52 650hp
    96-100 1250hp

From 100 on, every slot increases by 100hp
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Need a little advice for a 2-3* transisioner.

I have 94(all 2*);
    OBW
    Daken
    Torch
    Magneto
    Storm
    Thor

I also have Wolverine, Ares, and Hawkeye sitting at 25 with max covers and the ISO needed to level one of them to 94. Which character should I level? My focus is PvE as I can generally land top 50, and sometimes even top 25. I do PvP on the last day and land at rank 60-150 depending on the popularity of the cover.

My thoughts on the situation. I'm thinking Wolvie since he seems to pair very well with Daken and OBW for a speedy damage team with true heal and and reg heal. Also, Wolvie/Daken seems nice for PvP grinding as my other covers are usually banged up from PvP.

I was thinking Ares because he is faster then Thor and a another tank could be nice. It also seems that Ares/OBW is the best 2* defense in PvP.

I was actually going to level Hawkeye until I read the nerf to Mag. He goes really well with Mag/Storm which is my B-team in PvE. I also have 6 covers with GSBW, my highest cover count among 3*'s, and Hawkeye pairs nicely with her as well. I can't decide, lol. Please help!
  • Mavrek32 wrote:

I have 94(all 2*);
    OBW
    Daken
    Torch
    Magneto
    Storm
    Thor

I also have Wolverine, Ares, and Hawkeye sitting at 25 with max covers and the ISO needed to level one of them to 94. Which character should I level? My focus is PvE as I can generally land top 50, and sometimes even top 25. I do PvP on the last day and land at rank 60-150 depending on the popularity of the cover.

I only have 5 2stars left on my roster - Ares, Thor, oBW, Mags and Storm. I would put the iso into Ares and not worry about leveling Hawkeye or Wolvie. Hawkeye's best feature is match5, which just got nerfed and Wolvie is definitely 3rd on the RGY rankings of the 2stars.
  • papa07 wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:

I have 94(all 2*);
    OBW
    Daken
    Torch
    Magneto
    Storm
    Thor

I only have 5 2stars left on my roster - Ares, Thor, oBW, Mags and Storm. I would put the iso into Ares and not worry about leveling Hawkeye or Wolvie. Hawkeye's best feature is match5, which just got nerfed and Wolvie is definitely 3rd on the RGY rankings of the 2stars.

Thank you for the response. Just a note, I will have 8 covers for GSBW by Sunday night (PVE, PVP rewards), which means I will be able to push my first 3* to 94. Seeing that she pairs really well with Hawkeye, does that change your answer at all?
  • Mavrek32 wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:

I have 94(all 2*);
    OBW
    Daken
    Torch
    Magneto
    Storm
    Thor

Thank you for the response. Just a note, I will have 8 covers for GSBW by Sunday night (PVE, PVP rewards), which means I will be able to push my first 3* to 94. Seeing that she pairs really well with Hawkeye, does that change your answer at all?

Hawkeye had the **** Avoid power when I was in your shoes, so I never really played a lot with his new purple. Match5 are very unreliable except with current MNMags and GSBW and to a lesser degree Thor (2 or 3), Mystique, and Fist. Additionally, his red and blue are okay at best, so I wouldn't waste the iso on him. He will not be helping you win 3 star covers like Ares will in PvP or Deadpool Daily and I think you will have better PvE teams than Hawkeye
  • papa07 wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:

I have 94(all 2*);
    OBW
    Daken
    Torch
    Magneto
    Storm
    Thor

Hawkeye had the **** Avoid power when I was in your shoes, so I never really played a lot with his new purple. Match5 are very unreliable except with current MNMags and GSBW and to a lesser degree Thor (2 or 3), Mystique, and Fist. Additionally, his red and blue are okay at best, so I wouldn't waste the iso on him. He will not be helping you win 3 star covers like Ares will in PvP or Deadpool Daily and I think you will have better PvE teams than Hawkeye

Alright, I'll go with Ares. I might level Hawkeye later for GSBW as I have nothing that pairs well with her at the moment. I know, lol, I just really want to play him. Thanks for the advice.
  • I enjoyed hawkeye for a time paired with Ms. Marvel. But in the end I really only ever used him when boosted or for trivial nodes, and he was the first 2* I cut when I needed space and had enough 3* around lvl100 to fill the gap.

He can be good. Especially with help to get his purple off. But not someone you will be keeping long term.

I agree with either Ares or Wolvie. And most people will tell you Ares.
  • Long time reader. First time poster. Couldn't think of a more appropriate post but to a post of gratitude for this guide. Thank you so much for this; it has been extremely useful!
  • Thanks for the guide Polarity! Its kept me from making a number of mistakes and suboptimal decisions icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They nerfed 2 star Magneto.. henceforth to be known as Magnerfo because of how he interacted with Mystaque. He does not work as well with 2 star Storm. Please update.
  • evanbernstein
    evanbernstein Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    With the recent changes to PVP, I'm now a confused 2* > 3* transitioner. I have one 166 3* (cap, sadly with the wrong covers, I only have 3 reds). I have the option to bring a few others The Hood (wrong covers: 3 blue) or Storm to 166 (correct covers) but I no longer think that is the right thing to do. I'm curious what people see the best practice of leveling is now that we have other buffed characters in PVP.

At what point do you use a 3* instead of using the boosted 2* at 170? What level do you need to get your character to? Should we spread our ISO out to get characters to levels greater than 102? 110?

I'm curious what people's thoughts are with these changes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the recent changes to PVP, I'm now a confused 2* > 3* transitioner. I have one 166 3* (cap, sadly with the wrong covers, I only have 3 reds). I have the option to bring a few others The Hood (wrong covers: 3 blue) or Storm to 166 (correct covers) but I no longer think that is the right thing to do. I'm curious what people see the best practice of leveling is now that we have other buffed characters in PVP.

At what point do you use a 3* instead of using the boosted 2* at 170? What level do you need to get your character to? Should we spread our ISO out to get characters to levels greater than 102? 110?

I'm curious what people's thoughts are with these changes.
    3 blue is actually where Hood starts to get useful - 4 and 5 is better of course, but 3 is by no means bad, particularly not since there should be another blue coming in the Deadpool Daily Quest soon-ish. Storm is too weak to be a centerpiece though.
    The old standby is that three-stars become useful around 10 covers or so. I don't think it hurts to level up those who are presently boosted first. icon_e_smile.gif
  • kuroshiro
    kuroshiro Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    [
    3 blue is actually where Hood starts to get useful - 4 and 5 is better of course, but 3 is by no means bad, particularly not since there should be another blue coming in the Deadpool Daily Quest soon-ish.

Monday, April 20th, if my calculations are correct.
  • Fantastic guide. I've referenced it multiple times since I started playing about a month ago.

The cute nicknames for characters are confusing though. I've become somewhat familiar with the characters since I play an hour or two every day, but I can't even recognize some of the 3 star nicknames. Frustrating, since I'm using your guide to help plan which 3 star cards to hang on to.

Not newbie friendly with the nicknames.
  • The nicknames are an April Fool's joke from the Devs, and not intentional.
  • Thank you, I realized it after seeing it in a few other threads. Lol devs, you got me.
  • saintsomebody
    Options
    Great guide, using it to help me get from nerfed 2* territory.
  • hope this gets updated soon! Always come back to this for builds icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Many thanks for the guide! It has single-handedly saved me from countless build mistakes, as well as allowing for the fairly rapid correction of a few...

Cheers!

DBC