Roster help.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I find myself currently helpless in most PVE since the booster and wolverine nerf.
I'm looking to where to take my team and what to focus on.
ISO 9456
HP 225

Thor 85 5/5/3
Wolverine (astonishing) 85 5/3/5
black widow Original 85 5/3/5
Storm Modern 50 5/5/3
Black Widow Modern 40 5/5
Magneto Marvel now 40 3/4/4
The Hulk 39 4/1/2
Ares 33 3/4/5
Magneto Classic 32 2/2/3
Punisher 30 3/1/3
Hawkeye 29 5/5/3
Wolverine (patch) 29 2/3/2
Loki 24 2/2
Storm Classic 22 3/4/3
spiderman Classic 22 3/2/2
Doctor Doom 21 3/1
Daken 20 5/5
Iron man 40 20 2/1/1
Black Widow Grey Suit 16 1/0/2
Daredevil 16 2/1/0
The hood 15 3/2/0
Ragnarok 15 1/1
Psylocke 15 1/0/0
Captain America 6 3/3/3
moonstone 6 2/1/0
Bullseye 6 1/0

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're stuck at an awkward place between a 2* and 3* roster. For a long term investment, punisher/hulk are probably the best way to go. The problem is that you dont really have too many covers for either of the characters, which means they will probably be too weak for you to win tourneys with (hulk especially needs 4+ black covers to be really effective). In the meanwhile, i think you should develop your 2* roster by maxing out o widow and getting a 3rd character, since theres no eay of knowing when you can actually finish up your roster. Your only choices really are thor and ares: thor is more likely to be buffed in events since hes an avenger and good guy (pve events never feature villains), but ares is probably more powerful.
  • Thanks for the tips. OBW is already my current focus.
    my problem is that since the nerfs mid TaT I haven't been actually able to win any covers or even good token
    So I'll probably stick to trying to get the ISO to level what I have, until they fix the game
  • Imo the best advice on who to level comes from the game itself. Events often feature buffed or featured characters.
  • Well I maxed my OBW at level 85, raised thor to level 39, storm classic is now 2/2/3 I also maxed the Daken covers
    another various other small additions to the covers.
    but now that I maxed my OBW I don't know what to level, especially since my thor is not speced right, should I max thor and hope they add a respec button soon? or what?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nobody1111 wrote:
    Well I maxed my OBW at level 85, raised thor to level 39, storm classic is now 2/2/3 I also maxed the Daken covers
    another various other small additions to the covers.
    but now that I maxed my OBW I don't know what to level, especially since my thor is not speced right, should I max thor and hope they add a respec button soon? or what?

I'd go with the Thor. His yellow is the only ability that really needs to be maxed, especially since your green is probably going into Wolvie strike tiles.
  • Updated first post list!
    finished maxing my thor, and now I don't know where to go, I thought about Maxing Ares, but he is too much of the same as wolverine and Thor maybe?
    and going for magneto while nice for these missions on the long run cuts in on OBW which I think I like better.
    tips?
  • Why not run C Storm, Cap and MN Magneto since they are rather significantly buffed this PvE event?

Windstorm, fueled by Magneto's Polarity power is pretty ridiculous right now.

Switch out Cap for the required hero for the restricted missions.
  • Why not run C Storm, Cap and MN Magneto since they are rather significantly buffed this PvE event?

Windstorm, fueled by Magneto's Polarity power is pretty ridiculous right now.

Switch out Cap for the required hero for the restricted missions.

I agree on this. I have some high level characters, but have been running lvl 42 MN Magneto and lvl 85 C Storm, and blow away the teams. If you can charge up Magneto's Purple, you can generate a TON of Blue for C Storm. It is insanely effective this tourney.