bracketing, pairing and roster levels

Options
Unknown
edited May 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
[recap]
In PVP, players are grouped in brackets. Obviously, which bracket you're seeded in has a major influence on how well you perform during the PVP event. Just as important are the teams you're paired against (although skipping can alleviate this somewhat).

So far, from personal experience, the following factors seem to factor in deciding your bracket:
- previous PVP performance aka the infamous MMR
- roster levels
- time of joining (I believe this is no longer relevant after the latest changes, I tried joining at crazy times with the same result)
[/recap]

What worries me is the influence of the roster levels. All I play in PVP is OBW/Ares/Thor/Storm and I was used to face similar teams, with the occasional 3* character when closing in to 600 points.
However, I recently leveled up my Punisher to 100 and since then I keep getting paired mostly against teams with at least one lvl 100+ character, even if I never used my Punisher in PVP.

Is this something you have noticed, too?

If this is true, it seems the best tactic is to just hoard the ISO until you have enough ISO to burst level your character to the max, otherwise the game will punish you icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Yup - I'm surprised you haven't noticed my moaning in the alliance chat icon_lol.gif

Though in the last couple of events I've also been seeing a lot of under-leveled (like 70ish) OBW/Thor/<insert 3* here> teams where I'd be getting nothing but 85s before.
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Not that i'm suggesting anyone do this but..
    Would it even be possible to alter ones bracket or mmr by selling off high leveled characters they don't use?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yep, I think this observation is spot on. I have been struggling a lot to even make top25 and I have 3 lvl141 heroes. Seems like the worse thing I did was level them up to 141.
    For PvP I keep getting hit losing 39points for retaliations worth 5points.

I saw a 10% discount on google play gift cards. But after today, I thought naaaaaaaah. I aint spending because the higher u get the more frustrating it seems to be.

When my mmr is low I keep getting matched with those transitioning 2☆-3☆, I feel sorry for them. Then my mmr rises and I get matched with all lvl141 +lvl212. I feel sorry for myself then and just want to smash my phone sometimes... lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have several characters at lvl 100 now and keep getting matched with teams having one or more lvl 141. That issue really needs to be fixed. Match me up with a range between 80 and 120, fine, but several lvl 141 are just plain unbeatable for me (and believe me, I've tried!). I'm stuck at around #350 (!!) in Starfall now because all I'm getting is very high-levelled opponents.