For those who think X-Force is overpowered.

Options

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CoolB76 wrote:
    I thought the "and" between the 2 statements separated them.... However they are interconnected. Complacency is far more then what the standard definition of it is. Much of the English language can be interpreted differently based on it's use and placement in a sentence (in this specific example). His complacency or smug attitude of it not affecting him is a direct result of willingness to accept that the one player out of 50,000 isn't affecting him.

My interpretation of his statement was complacency.

What was your interpretation of his statement?

Since you're talking about the English language then I expect you to know the difference between then and than.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    I don't think anyone realistically thinks xforces needs to be nerfed.

Really? I think if you look at the forum there seems to be a lot of it lately.

I said realistically. If you think logically, you can see he's no 4Hor.

Sorry man, but this phrase gave me a laugh.

Kobe Bryant is no Michael Jordan.

Floyd Mayweather is no Muhammed Ali.

Mariah Carey is no Whitney Houston.

But guess what? They're all pretty damn good anyhow! You're splitting hairs between 1A and 1B. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I don’t believe that Xforce needs to be nerfed.

However, comparing him to a 4 star patch is a weird way of trying to portray that.

Especially since Patch’s biggest problem isn’t his numbers, it’s how his green works against you so badly.

I would never ever play a 4 star patch. I can barely stomach using a 3 star Patch because of how long and drawn out his fights are. Kill me now ugh.
  • X-force is way way way more common than 4* Thor though. He may not be 1:1 more OP than the goddess but i would be willing to guess there are an order of magnitude more 200+ x-forces than 200+ Thors. So his impact on the game as a whole is larger, even if Goddess affects the top 10 crowd more.

I am of the opinion that the 4*s should be epic but also that there should be safe places where each player can compete at his level with others at the same level for level appropriate prizes, where they can keep playing as much as they want and never run into teams light years ahead of themselves.

There needs to be a place where 1-2*s can fight without 3*s beating up on them and a different place for 2-3*s to fight with no 4*s to end their streaks, and a last arena where anything goes and Iso rains down from the heavens and the best of the best compete with the creme of the crop for prizes worthy of their status.
  • kensterr wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:
    I thought the "and" between the 2 statements separated them.... However they are interconnected. Complacency is far more then what the standard definition of it is. Much of the English language can be interpreted differently based on it's use and placement in a sentence (in this specific example). His complacency or smug attitude of it not affecting him is a direct result of willingness to accept that the one player out of 50,000 isn't affecting him.

My interpretation of his statement was complacency.

What was your interpretation of his statement?

Since you're talking about the English language then I expect you to know the difference between then and than.

Everyone makes honest mistakes from time to time. I'm glad you've picked up on what's really important in this thread.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So has this kevindlu been banned now,i cant see him in deadpools tacos or on here.this guy joined my alliance b4 tacos and i gotta say he seemed like a nice guy and i would hate it if hes got banned for nothing.he gave a couple of our transitioners really good advice and was very pleasant in the short time he was there.he put up good scores enough to get last reward it would be a shame if he was banned because a couple of cry babies were mad he knew how to place high.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So has this kevindlu been banned now,i cant see him in deadpools tacos or on here.this guy joined my alliance b4 tacos and i gotta say he seemed like a nice guy and i would hate it if hes got banned for nothing.he gave a couple of our transitioners really good advice and was very pleasant in the short time he was there.he put up good scores enough to get last reward it would be a shame if he was banned because a couple of cry babies were mad he knew how to place high.

This is extremely off-topic, but he needs to send in a support ticket.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nerf Beast!

/continues munching popcorn and enjoying thread
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I fail to see how xforce renders 3*'s obsolete when 3*'s can beat him with regularity
  • evil panda wrote:
    I fail to see how xforce renders 3*'s obsolete when 3*'s can beat him with regularity
    People do what they can with what they have. I think that most players would pick a 553 lv270 X-Force over any other maxed 3* if they had to choose one. The real tie is between Thoress and X-Force. Shes stronger and slower but has more HP to back it up, and after a blueflag.png + redflag.png she can OHKO most of the game's characters, even the healthiest of the 3*s.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    evil panda wrote:

"I fail to see how level 395 Juggernaut renders 3*s obsolete when 3*s can beat him with regularity". Beating a character on defense doens't mean that the character isn't miles better than any other options.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    evil panda wrote:
    People do what they can with what they have. I think that most players would pick a 553 lv270 X-Force over any other maxed 3* if they had to choose one. The real tie is between Thoress and X-Force. Shes stronger and slower but has more HP to back it up, and after a blueflag.png + redflag.png she can OHKO most of the game's characters, even the healthiest of the 3*s.
    FT can solo 3x300+ pve nodes, x-force runs out of steam after the first salvo, which is usually like 1 and a half guys
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Dont' know about you, but a 4* Patch would be far worse IMO than X-Force. Yes Surgical Strike is still better than anything, but Beserker Rages becomes quite lethal with 1400+ strike tiles on the board and the fact he heals 700 per turn he would be extremely hard to kill. Is X-Force above the curve? Yes, but not by as much as people think.

Berserker Rage puts 1400+ strike tiles on the board for both teams. You're daring the AI to cascade you. X Force has no such weakness.
  • I would gladly trade in my entire roster (35 characters, including 1/1/1 Thoress and almost max levelled Ares, OBW, Thor, Wolverine) for an 5/5/3 X-Force. Or just give me the option of buying this guy outright. That's how plain out of whack he is.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tripwire wrote:
    I would gladly trade in my entire roster (35 characters, including 1/1/1 Thoress and almost max levelled Ares, OBW, Thor, Wolverine) for an 5/5/3 X-Force. Or just give me the option of buying this guy outright. That's how plain out of whack he is.

No, that's just indicative of your current roster strength being very weak, not of his being overpowered. Xf is relatively squishy and doesn't fit all situations.
  • Xf is relatively squishy and doesn't fit all situations.
    This statement confuses me. For starters, there's like three characters in the whole game who have more hit points than him, and he has a true healing ability. How does that make him squishy?

And what are these situations that he doesn't fit in? Cage Match? icon_razz.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Xf is relatively squishy and doesn't fit all situations.
    This statement confuses me. For starters, there's like three characters in the whole game who have more hit points than him, and he has a true healing ability. How does that make him squishy?

1. I have him at 3* level to save on iso (because I want to play with all these other dorks I'm collecting), and really, his health is Patch class and he has to take time outs to heal because I would rather finish the match fast with some other yellow skill.

Eventually there must be other 4* tanks besides Dino and Thor. Besides, when I play against him maxed xf still goes down to skills fairly quick with all the big nukes in the game. Sometimes the maxed 3* being featured can be a bigger threat.

2. All right, so maybe he's a little black dress and goes with everything. :p
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Xf is relatively squishy and doesn't fit all situations.

1. I have him at 3* level to save on iso (because I want to play with all these other dorks I'm collecting), and really, his health is Patch class and he has to take time outs to heal because I would rather finish the match fast with some other yellow skill.

Eventually there must be other 4* tanks besides Dino and Thor. Besides, when I play against him maxed xf still goes down to skills fairly quick with all the big nukes in the game. Sometimes the maxed 3* being featured can be a bigger threat.

2. All right, so maybe he's a little black dress and goes with everything. :p

X-Force doesn't work that well versus level 395 Juggs / Ares nodes in PvE. Sure, he's better than most of the other characters in the game, but surgical into X-Force 'only" really does 10k damage, at which point he kind of runs out of steam. 4or, on the other hand, is an entirely different story...
  • CoolB76 wrote:

They would never have designed the game assuming the few would support the game for the many.

I was under the assumption that that's very common for free to play games in general.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CoolB76 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:
    There are too many whales ruining the game for anyone that doesn't want to dedicate their life to MPQ. I took a picture of a player (kevindlu from DeadpoolsTacos) on Tuesday morning that already had a max 270 Starlord at 3/5/5.....One day after release.
    How exactly is that ruining the game?

oh sorry..... the gameplay experience....

It may not be ruining the developers pocket books but it's a demoralizing thing to see in a game for the average player. Call me crazy but the definition of what a game is has changed drastically with these smart phone games. Maybe I'm old school and I prefer people to earn rewards rather then buy them.

Tell me why it's not ruining the game?

How can you be "old-school" and forget that this has been happening since forever? Have you forget how prevalent were cheat codes in the era of the cartridge-cd? You could buy a 100-page monthly magazine back then filled with them, back to back in tiny type. Players wanting to skip directly to the end-game or acquire godlike power with minimal effort (and the developers who permit/indulge them) have existed since video games first were made. The only difference is that now developers profit from them and we, everybody else who like "earning" our advancement with skill and patience enjoy the game for free thanks to it. Knowing that there are players using cheat codes/paying for quick advancement should never be a reason of discouragement for us, but actually, all the opposite.