True Healing Discussion (Live 6/25)

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    BoP makes me nostalgic of real healing days bring back heals, lol
  • I'm bumping this for a laugh since True Healing is back in full force (har-har-har) with X-Force Wolvie.

Thanks, D3 for nerfing Spidey and OBW (and She Hulk) in the name of something that you brought back 2 months later.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Brought back"? X-Force always had true healing. You just didn't care because it took seven years to fire.
  • "Brought back"? X-Force always had true healing. You just didn't care because it took seven years to fire.

Obviously no one used X-Force prior to his recent buff, but yes, you are correct and thank you for your downvote.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't give you one, but you're welcome?
  • I didn't give you one, but you're welcome?

I'm batting .000 today. I am sorry for being an ****
  • My primary legacy of True healing: I'm using Patch/Lazy Daken/Featured in like 90-95% of PVP matches, and a decent number of PVE ones, now. And I have an incredibly diverse roster. This is pretty much exactly what a bunch of people said would happen, but healing is just too slow otherwise.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't think I'd dig True Healing, but I think it's a change for the better. I don't grind the Prologue like I used to (and I don't see the desirability of enhanced Ragnarok team-ups). I keep 19-20 good team-ups in my roster.

I get that I either have to use one of my five health packs, switch characters, or put the game down. I don't waste time slogging through parts of the game that I don't like doing.

I don't know if d3's getting more or less money per player than they did before "True Healing," but they haven't gotten more from me (Before True Healing: $5. After True Healing: $3.80). And while, if asked, I wouldn't have elected for True Healing, I don't want to go back to the way it was before.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    MikeHock wrote:
    Obviously no one used X-Force prior to his recent buff, but yes, you are correct and thank you for your downvote.

You know you can see who downvoted (or upvoted, even) you by clicking on the rep counter on the post, right?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost 70 pages and 1350 posts. Impressive.

Ah, True Healing...

How you linger on in our hearts and minds...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So... are people still mad about this or...?
  • So... are people still mad about this or...?

I've moved on from anger to depression. Every time I think about the days where I could play as much as my heart desired... icon_e_sad.gif.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    So... are people still mad about this or...?

I think we're resigned to it.

Maybe one day, we'll get a proper healing model across the game.
  • So... are people still mad about this or...?

It's made PVP even more boring, so yeah.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    A lot of people draw a relationship between prologue healing and healing in general. They could've come up with a solution to stop prologue healing but still allow you to heal properly otherwise.

When people are 'farming' a certain aspect of the game, the company reaction is to nerf it, rather than address the root cause.... Which isn't specific to this game at all.

Specific to this game, customers just wanted to play longer and were ultimately told they'd have to pay (health packs) in order to do so.

An example of a change done right was in Grand Theft Auto Online. People were farming the easiest and highest paying missions. So eventually, they nerfed those missions, but buffed the other ones greatly in order to strike a balance. They addressed the root cause of the issue, rather than just only nerfing.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... egerstrale

"You must be able to continue to play as long as you want, whenever you want, for as long as you want without paying." - COO Kristian Segerstrale of Super Evil Megacorp

OBW was really the only way for 2* rosters to have any sustained play. Without it, more than ever, it's play a little bit, when the game Devs want you to.
  • This thread is so old, that most of the posts were counted by abacus...

Badump chhhhh....
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Do you mind elaborating? I'm curious why you think so.

It feels like a net neutral to me, since I always thought prologue healing was lame, negating any positives of blue hunting at end of matches, which arguably isn't fun either. Yes we could have extended play sessions at that time, but then again so could everyone else. Also, nerfing healing indirectly buffed defensive teams, which raised the possibility of defensive wins (which is good for the game).
  • Trisul wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Do you mind elaborating? I'm curious why you think so.

It feels like a net neutral to me, since I always thought prologue healing was lame, negating any positives of blue hunting at end of matches, which arguably isn't fun either. Yes we could have extended play sessions at that time, but then again so could everyone else. Also, nerfing healing indirectly buffed defensive teams, which raised the possibility of defensive wins (which is good for the game).

The trouble is, during the week, the only time I can play for any extended length of time is the evenings. Which means I have to get all of my play in in a very limited time. I used to be able to switch teams out regularly, and just heal people up in the prologue as needed, but now one extended match - which pretty much means any typical match against 166s, means that character's out of rotation for a while. And there are only a handful of characters that are truly viable for PVP, or you're setting yourself up on defense. So to play for an extended time - which is the only way to play that I have available to me, I now have to 1) tank extensively and 2) use Patch/Lazy Daken for virtually everything. And the tanking needs to be active, because I can't just put in a tank team and walk away for a while, since I don't have that while available.

Prologue healing wasn't that much fun, but it was more fun than the alternative.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-09-16-super-evil-segerstrale

"You must be able to continue to play as long as you want, whenever you want, for as long as you want without paying." - COO Kristian Segerstrale of Super Evil Megacorp

OBW was really the only way for 2* rosters to have any sustained play. Without it, more than ever, it's play a little bit, when the game Devs want you to.

^ this.

SO - MUCH - THIS!
    Demiurge cannot hope to ever hold ground with 'core' gamers if they keep them from playing their game like this.
This discussion has been closed.