True Healing Discussion (Live 6/25)

Comments

• Well that's great, but eventually you'll transition to 3* opponents, and then what? Even if you've got all the covers, the Iso cost to level enough characters to field 4 competitive teams at that stage is staggering.

When you hit the 166 wall in the PvP, that's your cue to shield up and you're done. The arena for 2* rosters to compete for the top prizes is PvE, not PvP. They've thrown us a bone by making it two covers for top 25, which helps speed up the process a bit, but it should take some good luck with bracketing and a lot of shield hopping to get a 2* roster to 1st place.

As for the ISO, yeah, it's about 2m to fully level 12 3* characters. I have no idea what a good rate of accumulation is for a 2* roster (another thing I should probably track myself at some point). At 100k / week, it's 5 months. 50k/week, 10 months. Either way, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

My MMR seems to have gone down a lot since Balance of Power, but throughout Season 3 I barely saw a single opponent with less than a 3x166 set up. And like, LThor/Sentry/Feature teams too, while I had Hulk, Patch and Punisher maxed out to choose from. It wasn't really a question of shielding when I hit the wall, because I hit that wall once the seed teams were done. Crazy thing is, before Balance of Power I hadn't had a top 10 finish since Hulk was new.

Like I said, it's calmed down a bit now, but the level of competition I was facing meant that this was a max-level game. I guess I could spend more time tanking, but that just seems kinda dumb.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they nudged MMR bucket between season 3rd and 4th because we didn't accept their generous "true healing" for diversity funbalance. we needed less time prologue healing not because they wanted us to buy more health packs which failed cause everyone knew it was for a money grab.
  • I think they nudged MMR bucket between season 3rd and 4th because we didn't accept their generous "true healing" for diversity funbalance. we needed less time prologue healing not because they wanted us to buy more health packs which failed cause everyone knew it was for a money grab.
    I'd believe that. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • with all the new amazing features, 1000 characters launched, maxed and nerfed, the question that remains in my mind:

do developers still care to read this discussion about true healing? Would it be possible to get an answer?
  • biomarvel wrote:
    with all the new amazing features, 1000 characters launched, maxed and nerfed, the question that remains in my mind:

do developers still care to read this discussion about true healing? Would it be possible to get an answer?

They made their choice, and they're going to stick with it no matter what. We have lost.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    biomarvel wrote:
    with all the new amazing features, 1000 characters launched, maxed and nerfed, the question that remains in my mind:

They made their choice, and they're going to stick with it no matter what. We have lost.

I think we, the gamers have lost - in the sense that the game mechanic isn't going to change. Dev's made their choice, the "game" will run that way despite what we want.

However, I think we, the "gaming community" did not lose. Many quit flat out, expressing their discontent over this immediately implemented mechanic. Many, many went and gave negative reviews. This is a reach out beyond the developers, to the publishers - this is going to hit their bottom line.

The sad part is that the gaming community was forced to reach around the developers (read: no back and forth discussion) and had to hit the bottom line of the publishers. All lowering the bottom line can accomplish is remove the Dev team from employment, and the game from the gaming realm.

Perhaps the Dev's should consider that keeping the "gaming community" a little more happy (perhaps a bit of listen/ask rather than sudden implementation) will keep them employed by keeping the "game" going.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I think we, the gamers have lost - in the sense that the game mechanic isn't going to change. Dev's made their choice, the "game" will run that way despite what we want.

However, I think we, the "gaming community" did not lose. Many quit flat out, expressing their discontent over this immediately implemented mechanic. Many, many went and gave negative reviews. This is a reach out beyond the developers, to the publishers - this is going to hit their bottom line.

Is there evidence this has hit the bottom line? Fewer players is not evidence if the players that remained are spending more.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

Is there evidence this has hit the bottom line? Fewer players is not evidence if the players that remained are spending more.

If it did, i can't imagine they'd tell us. That sort of disclosure is dangerous to everyone.
  • Don't forget to review the game again as the new patch has come out. Show your displeasure with the new changes by giving it a low review. Each patch has its own "review rating."
  • killerkoala
    Wait so prologue healing is a bad thing but having to spend time to get rid of **** low level team up cover levels in prologue is ok. i'd rather heal up than to spend time ridding myself of these **** team ups.
  • killerkoala
    I think the MPQ gods are angry, i don't think the virgin was fed to the volcano after the deadpool PvE was done.
  • So, while servers are down it is perfect time to continue this thread.
  • Thanks to this stupid true healing garbage, combined with your broken MMR, PvP is a joke. Every event, I start off matched up against maxed out teams. Now with your moronic team up feature turning this game upside down, I usually end up with 1-2 downed or severely injured characters at the end of a match. I truly appreciate the changes D3 has made to prevent us from playing their game and having fun.
  • After true healing, we weren't prologue grinding enough! icon_e_surprised.gif So they introduced team-ups!

Seriously though, they should have called it shields, adrenaline, steroids, etc, as opposed to not 'true healing'. Am really waiting on this team-up balancing... icon_question.gif
  • Trying to disguise the nerf to OBW and Spidey as "True Healing" was pretty.... well, messed up. I bet that it was a deliberate attempt at masking the nerf. Does anyone use Spidey anymore or is he now as useless as BagMan?
  • killerkoala
    Playing Combined Arms make me wish for the day when we could prologue heal; I'm taking way too much damage and health packs gone within a few games.
  • To put it in the simplest terms, I found the game more fun when I could prologue heal. I could take risks without the possibility that they would end my playing for the day, I didn't feel like I had to tank every singe tournament, I could play at my own pace. The change means I now have to play on D3's schedule, and I'm playing less, and it's less satisfying. I try to take absolutely no risks because the game harshly punishes risk taking. I tank, heavily, every single PVP, to minimize defensive losses, minimize the damage I take in rounds, and make the climb a little grindier, but lower-risk. Prologue healing was a little tedious, but all the **** I have to do now in its absence is more tedious.
  • If they wanted diversity in Top Tier, all they had to do was to release more characters with self-healing abilities.

But they went to the easiest answer to poor metagame : True Healing...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    To put it in the simplest terms, I found the game more fun when I could prologue heal. I could take risks without the possibility that they would end my playing for the day, I didn't feel like I had to tank every singe tournament, I could play at my own pace. The change means I now have to play on D3's schedule, and I'm playing less, and it's less satisfying. I try to take absolutely no risks because the game harshly punishes risk taking. I tank, heavily, every single PVP, to minimize defensive losses, minimize the damage I take in rounds, and make the climb a little grindier, but lower-risk. Prologue healing was a little tedious, but all the **** I have to do now in its absence is more tedious.

Thank you, I agree. I mentioned this right away: the change made my play-style change. Use abilities not when ideal for strategy, but as soon as you can to try to prevent damage.

Soooo many people on Steam have complained how the schedule change makes playing impossible.

Soooo much tanking required, taking just as much unnecessary time as prologue healing did.

I did spend money on this game before this change. True to my word, they have not seen a penny from me since. Not that they likely care, since I wasn't a whale so I didn't matter to them (see this interesting article: http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=1574)

Coming up on two months, and once again I'll say: never forget! So many issues still remain since this unwanted change, most noticeably updates added that obviously had no playtesting at all (where was the team-up delete button originally? Where is the request team-up delete button now?). Nonce was right in his "hard to be positive" (can't link? I'll bump it, it's on page 22) post - still not much has changed, and this was written on June 30.
  • Smith13
    Smith13 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    The reviews on the Appstore are hideously cheery, which is exactly how I felt when I first started playing. Since then, there have been numerous changes to the way the game is presented and the only way around that was to change playing style as mentioned before in other posts on this thread. I still make sure to go review the latest and "greatest" updates to this game and I still give it one star only for the simple fact that they keep screwing with everything! It's like too many cooks in the kitchen, what should've been tuna salad has been transformed into tuna surprise because every cook adds something and keep on adding and adding and adding (you get the point?). The devs should've left well enough alone. I still play, but I haven't spent a dime since the removal of healing and won't and I will not give a higher rating than one star. I don't play near as much, I'm with Ben Grimm
    To put it in the simplest terms, I found the game more fun when I could prologue heal. I could take risks without the possibility that they would end my playing for the day, I didn't feel like I had to tank every singe tournament, I could play at my own pace. The change means I now have to play on D3's schedule, and I'm playing less, and it's less satisfying. I try to take absolutely no risks because the game harshly punishes risk taking. I tank, heavily, every single PVP, to minimize defensive losses, minimize the damage I take in rounds, and make the climb a little grindier, but lower-risk. Prologue healing was a little tedious, but all the **** I have to do now in its absence is more tedious.]
This discussion has been closed.