True Healing Discussion (Live 6/25)

Comments

• The ironic part for me is that I never used Prologue Healing with oBW, just usually a late blue just before the close of the match.

Now, I take Patch/Daken into the Prologue whenever I need to get a few more matches in before the deadline. And it sucks, but for the next reward tier, I'll suck it up.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i wished they would have put healing back to the way it was originally. but vowed not to buy hp again till then, so this sale is they have for anniversary week hurts.
  • emaker27 wrote:
    An example of a change done right was in Grand Theft Auto Online. People were farming the easiest and highest paying missions. So eventually, they nerfed those missions, but buffed the other ones greatly in order to strike a balance. They addressed the root cause of the issue, rather than just only nerfing.

Woah there, hold on, buffing underpowered [something] to help strike balance? What crazy non-executive came up with that idea, it might end up causing players to stay, have fun, enjoy other aspects of a game rather than just... well whatever it is just nerfing is supposed to accomplish.

Lunacy!
  • Shouldn't this thread be retired at some point. I know it's Halloween, but might be time to put this zombie out to pasture.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shouldn't this thread be retired at some point. I know it's Halloween, but might be time to put this zombie out to pasture.
    This too will pass?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shouldn't this thread be retired at some point. I know it's Halloween, but might be time to put this zombie out to pasture.

One of the most flawed aspects of the game in regards to both design and execution?

Nah... I'd say there is a bit of life left in it somewhere.

Even zombies have some concept of needing to live.
  • yogi_ wrote:

One of the most flawed aspects of the game in regards to both design and execution?

But we must wonder, do zombies have true healing, burst healing, accelerated recovery or are they like the Sunder Bug; attacking despite being at 0 health.
  • yogi_
    Red Panda wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

But we must wonder, do zombies have true healing, burst healing, accelerated recovery or are they like the Sunder Bug; attacking despite being at 0 health.

Touché...
  • I enjoy seeing this thread bumped.

As a result of the unannounced "true healing" mess, everyone in my alliance stopped playing.

GOOD JOB CHASING YOUR CUSTOMERS AWAY.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red Panda wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

The last; but the bug auto-corrects itself and they get knocked out when you manage to cast true healing on them.

(Wonder how many people here are going to get that reference...)
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    Red Panda wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

The last; but the bug auto-corrects itself and they get knocked out when you manage to cast true healing on them.

(Wonder how many people here are going to get that reference...)

Using White Mage skills to damage the Undead right? I was thinking Punisher's Retribution would be the only way to down a zombie permanently
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red Panda wrote:
    Using White Mage skills to damage the Undead right?

Yes. Instant down only if Jean were playable though... icon_razz.gif
  • I was playing yesterday and my X-Force and CMags died. I was looking to see who I wanted to pair next, and noticed that X-Force and CMags were healing at the same rate. Shouldn't X-Force have accelerated healing like the other Wolverines due to true healing?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    X-Force revives at double the usual speed, but the usual speed for a 4* character is twice as slow as a 3*. Once he's back on his feet, X-Force's hit points will come back way faster than Magneto's.
  • X-Force revives at double the usual speed, but the usual speed for a 4* character is twice as slow as a 3*. Once he's back on his feet, X-Force's hit points will come back way faster than Magneto's.

Thanks!
  • yogi_
    From the start of the thread. Still cringe worthy and you could replace the words "Prologue Healing" with a number of other examples and it would still be largely valid.

"One of the intentions with this change is to cut down on things like Prologue Healing, which prolongs play time through something that is pretty obviously just a time intensive process that doesn't involve actual strong gameplay. It's something people do because it's there, much like tanking. It's not something that's fun. It's not something that's enjoyable. It's something that exists and is taken advantage of because of pure efficiency.

What we intend, and continue to drill in on is that we want players to have a broad mix of characters instead of a Top 3 that is their sole team to play with. In Versus this is a bit rougher of a prospect as players that battle have their last winning team placed on defense. So it's not always the best idea to fight with a less powerful defensive team in order to make up more points. That's something that we're always thinking about. We've discussed allowing players to set a defensive team, but with many other games out with similar versus situations this results in a very precise meta-game where an extremely large percentage of the user base chooses the same defenders. That's not a very fun time for most players.

However, in Events, we continually buff different characters, and outside of Heroics, still allow for characters to be used that aren't buffed. What we want players to do is to play with the breadth of their roster instead of using Spider-Man or Black Widow as necessary crutches and only building 3 other characters. This change is intended to result in exactly this as players see that they can't just rely on in-battle healing and look for other ways besides spending Health Packs to continue playing. We want you to keep playing on your own schedule. We want you to play with multiple characters. Doing so keeps players on their toes and making them think of character combinations that they wouldn't otherwise go with if they weren't forced out of their single set of heroes."
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    This new MMR change implemented on Weds., Nov. 12, 2014, is nothing more than for players to get more damaged way earlier than before; therefore needing to use up Health packs. And if you don't have health packs and don't buy any more, you are not allowed to play.....conspiracy i say, lol . True Healing needs to be revoked, so at least we can heal up after every battle if this new MMR continues.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is still my favorite thread ever. Hundreds and hundreds of negative replies, so many people saying they are quitting, and zero response from the Devs - lets you know exactly where you, the (paying?) customer stands.
  • So are the characters choose according to their healing powers..?
This discussion has been closed.