Possible explanation for changes

Options
For those that struggle to understand the changes the game suffer in the last couple of months I'm gonna try to explain in a business perspective:

- They created a game relatively simple to play and make it free (in other words anyone can play the game without spend money on it).
- Then when they had a loyal group of players they started to rise the difficulty of the game to lead people to buy in app purchases.
- Dropping the draw rates of 3* characters in tokens is another way to make harder getting all covers and make you to spend HP to buy the covers left
- When players find a way to make the game easier and cheaper (for example using prologue missions to heal characters) they probably change the character to avoid that situation
- After launching a new character they realize that maybe the character is too powerful (again making the game "playable") so what do they do? Yes they nerf it.

This is a really simple process to developers: create a fun and addictive game; get a loyal group of players and make them pay.
Problem: it will became harder harder to make new players enjoy and spend money in the game.

In my opinion there is a simple solution:
- Make this game a paid one (2,99$ for example) and revert all the changes because I rather prefer paying 2.99$ and have fun like the old times than play it for free and end up spend ridiculous amounts of money.

I hope you enjoy this post and thank you for spending 2 minutes reading this.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Tonny4ever wrote:

- Make this game a paid one (2,99$ for example) and revert all the changes because I rather prefer paying 2.99$ and have fun like the old times than play it for free and end up spend ridiculous amounts of money.

But why would they want to make "3 dollars" when they can make hundreds off of players?
  • Unknown
    Options
    remember they chase $1 APRDU what maps to like $350 yearly spending per active player? We know fool is easily parted with money, but that still looks quite a stretch in amount of fools to herd and keep interested. That is just enormous figure even if the game was actually fun what it is ceased to be long time ago.

And addicts will probably use more $ pressure as escape opportunity instead of opening the wallets.

Maybe some realistic target would help to start and the balance sheet could go back to green by just sacking the incompetent people on the dev team. (sure nothing like that will happen until the owner pulls the plug, but it would make sense from financial perspective.)
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Internet and virtual industry often means "easy and fast" cash.

The problem here, D3P went too far and made the game sometimes horrible to play.

As mentioned previously, if they think they will make people pay because they are addict, they are wrong for the most part. People left, are leaving and just will leave, because they are unable to make MPQ a game that is lasting for years to come, though it has a very strong potential.

Thing is, we can't trust the servers, so we don't know what's going to happen at the end of an event.

They want our money but seem not to feel legally bound in any way.

Announcing true healing after a 3 day sale is a real slap in the face.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Announcing true healing after a 3 day sale is a real slap in the face.

"Coincidence".
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's sad because this game has plenty of potential to be a long term cash generator. There's no shortage of Marvel storylines and characters to run through and all they have to do to keep it relevant is lock out certain characters from certain story events. Over time and with more characters they could bring better balance to the game and keep people coming back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's sad because this game has plenty of potential to be a long term cash generator. There's no shortage of Marvel storylines and characters to run through and all they have to do to keep it relevant is lock out certain characters from certain story events. Over time and with more characters they could bring better balance to the game and keep people coming back.

Some humor and answer : Stupidity never leads you to jail... It's not forbidden by the law.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Some humor and answer : Stupidity never leads you to jail... It's not forbidden by the law.

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Tonny4ever wrote:

I hope you enjoy this post and thank you for spending 2 minutes reading this.

I have no idea why they would want you to spend "ridiculous amounts of money" (which i assume is over 2.99) instead of 2.99.

I did enjoy your post though.

Here is my post for a more realistic approach. http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=172775#p172775