Who's next?

We were given a preview of four characters a while back: Nick Fury (who we new about already), Sentry, Lazy Storm, and She-Hulk. They're all out now. Lately, they've been alternating Lazy character/Effort character with releases; however, there are only really seven potential Lazy characters left, since there are only seven characters with 1* or 2* versions that don't have 3* versions: Hawkeye, Ares, Moonstone, Bullseye, Venom, Juggernaut, and Yelena.

I don't think we're getting a Lazy Yelena, ever. But the rest are all possible, though they'd need to design third powers for half of them. So that may slow down the release schedule, and mean more of the upcoming characters actually require effort on the part of the designers.

So who are we going to get? Have there been any hints? In theory, a new character has come out every 2-3 weeks lately. And might we see silver/bronze characters? A 2* Iron Man? A 1* Captain America (probably not)? Guardians of the Galaxy? More X-Men? Pet Avengers?

Comments

• hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Lazy Juggernaut please.

Guaranteed to use healthpack(s).
  • I'd love to see some Guardians of the Galaxy to tie into the movie.

But my dream additions would be:
    1.) Sentinel - Purple/Yellow/Black AP's
    2.) Deadpool - Red/Black/Yellow AP's
    3.) Super Skrull - Red/Black/Purple AP's.

Honestly, any new healing character would be nice.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    How about none and they buff some of the dodgier characters in the name of "roster diversity" instead?

I'd be cool not getting anything new for a couple of weeks if Loki or Moonstone suddenly got a whole lot better.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    HairyDave wrote:
    How about none and they buff some of the dodgier characters in the name of "roster diversity" instead?

I'd be cool not getting anything new for a couple of weeks if Loki or Moonstone suddenly got a whole lot better.

I would really like to see this as I think if enough characters were viable at 2* level a lot of the pain of the healing change would be lessened.

If the stated goal of roster diversity is desired you have to have more characters people want to play with and in 3* land that is completely true but not for those with 2* rosters.

Therefore they really need to buff Hawkeye (allow him to place timers and reduce the AP cost) Moonstone (reduce her AP costs...and she would be a top tier 2*), and give Daken his own version of 2* chemical healing. Just those changes would encourage more options as 2* player would have more than one viable team and could play longer.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two characters have been officially named as eventually coming:

Void -- likely a 4* character
    Iron Patriot -- likely a 4* character

Neither will come any time soon, and maybe not even this year. Void might be Season 4-6, but I expect a rerun of Nick Fury is more likely.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I predicted on another thread months ago that they would do a Lazy Moonstone. I feel if they are going to do another Lazy, go with Bullseye, that would at least make most sense. But I for one would love a Lazy Moonstone if they actually tweaked her powers and costs abit, as black could be really good if it didn't cost an insane amount and she has a unique color combo we have no 3* with purple/red/black. If they did Bullseye I think it would be cool if he had green as his third, again another unique color combo.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Well, green *is* Bullseye's third strong colour.
  • 3 star Bullseye with his old school costume would be sweet. Purple is obnoxious, black skill is way overcosted though. Given his accuracy, I'd expect green could place strike tiles on selected tiles.
  • HairyDave wrote:

This.

I was just throwing up ideas, but I agree and would like to see a lot more effort and resources put into fine tuning characters. Some points:
    1.) All established characters have 3 color powers.
    2.) A team of 2*'s should not so handily beat a team of 3*'s. Like USA vs. Germany (zing!). I don't want it impossible, but it is seriously frustrating being owned by an Ares/OBW/Daken combo.
    3.) There needs to be a cascade limit. Nothing more infuriating than losing a match because LazyThor got 8 cascades of green.
    4.) If they are going to go with a troop of LazyCovers, everyone needs a LazyVariant. I personally hate the LazyCovers, but Thor always should have been a 3* to begin with.
    5.) A more fleshed out 1* and 2* line up. ALL new covers have been 3* covers, which is nice, but this just widens the divide for new players.

Thoughts?
  • Given that they're giving out 2*s like candy now, I'd love to see third powers and a handful of new characters (but not too quickly). I've been in a posture where a 2* or 1* means automatic sell for months now, and it would be nice possibly actually needing some 2* covers.

I'd prefer they never do another Lazy again.
  • hurcules wrote:
    Lazy Juggernaut please.

This was my first thought. Of course, he'll need a third move. Knowing the devs, it will probably be Yellow.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    hurcules wrote:
    Lazy Juggernaut please.

This was my first thought. Of course, he'll need a third move. Knowing the devs, it will probably be Yellow.
    Going by tile strength it would be black, which is also a pretty common r/g combo
  • I want my Carol Danvers.. Having the imposter while the original isn't out is just weird.. Though I'd expect far different skillset than Moonstone, obviously.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    edited June 2014
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I predicted on another thread months ago that they would do a Lazy Moonstone. I feel if they are going to do another Lazy, go with Bullseye, that would at least make most sense. But I for one would love a Lazy Moonstone if they actually tweaked her powers and costs abit, as black could be really good if it didn't cost an insane amount and she has a unique color combo we have no 3* with purple/red/black. If they did Bullseye I think it would be cool if he had green as his third, again another unique color combo.
    I'd actually love a Lazy Bullseye. Maybe because he was my first 2* I pulled from a token, but I found his protect tiles super useful in the very beginning, and I think I have nostalgia for good protect tiles again. Only his poor health and super expensive black would be big downsides.
  • Lazy Bullseye followed by a Daredevil (The Hand)??
  • Many guys (the whales) will have maxed Nick Fury right after Season 3. I don't see a rerun of him for another 3 Seasons, when they release a new 4* every third month.

As for the new characters, I was curious too, but wanted to have no idea, so I'd be surprised (or not).

Talking about roster diversity use in PvP, I could see the same characters over and over again this afternoon. And it will be like this as long as Health/Healing is involved and as long as the system you get X point/I lose X points is working.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    We already have a gold bullseye: gold bagman! Unfortunately, he doesn't have a useful 2nd power icon_lol.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I suggested a Bullseye power earlier, that I'd love to see. Given that they don't really *change* 2* to 3* chars, this ability makes sense.

Green. "I never miss". Passive.

Bullseye's innate ability; always hits his mark. Create a critical tile whenever a 4-match is made.

Scale with cover usage.

At 1 cover, create a crit tile whenever Bullseye matches a 4-Black tile. Turn ends.
    At 2 cover, create a crit tile whenever Bullseye matches a 4-Green tile. Turn ends.
    At 3 cover, create a crit tile whenever Bullseye matches a 4-Purple tile. Turn ends.
    At 4 cover, create a crit tile whenever Bullseye matches any 4.
    At 5 cover, turn does not end.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Lazy Jugg, Belova and Hawkeye(classic) will be ok icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jean Grey, Emma Frost, or Cyclops would be great, but I would actually prefer The Void or Iron Patriot.