Patch Notes - R43 - 12/3 Discussion

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Patch Notes are here. Discuss away!

Comments

• as if spidey's weren't annoying as hell to play against, now it'll be double annoyance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I like the new black widow ability. Looking forward to episode 2!
  • If there aren't any friendly Purple Protect tiles, he creates one when his team matches Purple tiles.

I guess this negates ever using Spidey with Bullseye, eh?
  • Wooo looks like 3/5/5 is the new spidey build
  • Whoa. I'm glad my Spidey isn't locked in to anything yet, although I've sold at least 1 purple cover now. Respecs are needed though.

Interested to see what this does... but I honestly have to ask why an already popular cover is being tweaked for a third time (1st: add purple, 2nd: reduce requirements on purple, 3rd: change to defense tiles) while others like Loki and all of the 4*'s are so very, very bad.

Ok, that's not fair. Loki was just recently changed. But the 4*'s just suck, and Loki isn't much better with the change.

Beyond that, cannot wait for the default character change (although I'd prefer "last one you used", with the initial being "higher level") and Episodes 2 and 2.5 (!).
  • Wow..spidey got BUFFED the heck up. Agreed, I'd want to go 3/5/5 now most likely. Glad mine is only 2/1/3 in a way now. I...am going to avoid updating till its mandatory..lol

P.s - you can update now through your play store if you so want...as a ps to ppl.
  • i have a 4/4/3 spidey, and threw away 3 purple covers hahaha, i guess i'll aim for 4/5/4, best i can do at this point.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    Whoa. I'm glad my Spidey isn't locked in to anything yet, although I've sold at least 1 purple cover now. Respecs are needed though.

Interested to see what this does... but I honestly have to ask why an already popular cover is being tweaked for a third time (1st: add purple, 2nd: reduce requirements on purple, 3rd: change to defense tiles) while others like Loki and all of the 4*'s are so very, very bad.

Ok, that's not fair. Loki was just recently changed. But the 4*'s just suck, and Loki isn't much better with the change.

Beyond that, cannot wait for the default character change (although I'd prefer "last one you used", with the initial being "higher level") and Episodes 2 and 2.5 (!).
    We'll get around to other characters eventually if necessary for that character. As it was, we implemented a skill that turned out to be a total dud. We'd rather fix something that's in the game first before getting more new stuff in to sit alongside something less shiny that's already there.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i have a 4/4/3 spidey, and threw away 3 purple covers hahaha, i guess i'll aim for 4/5/4, best i can do at this point.

I guess it depends on how good the defense is. You have to have webs out to make good use of it. Bad against venom or another spider man.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i have a 4/4/3 spidey, and threw away 3 purple covers hahaha, i guess i'll aim for 4/5/4, best i can do at this point.

Lol - you are my twin I think. I got 4/5/3 and also sold few purple... I am glad that i did not spend my gold on last yellow
  • I just downloaded R43 and have now the problem that I have a lot of blinking arrows that say me I can train the power of certain characters but I can't (because I have no covers). Someone else has the same problem?
  • Mommson wrote:
    I just downloaded R43 and have now the problem that I have a lot of blinking arrows that say me I can train the power of certain characters but I can't (because I have no covers). Someone else has the same problem?

I have the same problem... but it is probably by design to get you to spend HP on stepping up skills.
  • I just accidentally discovered that you can click on a cover in the event rewards list to see details of that cover. Has this always been around, or new in R43 that I just downloaded?

^ I have the same problem
  • IceX - Can you list out the devices considered "High Resolution" ?

The visual on my Nexus 10 (which has a higher resolution than Retina) Still looks like it is blown up from something made for a phone. Which devices were included?
  • IceIX, how are Spidey's protect tiles compared to Bullseye's, and more importantly, Cap's? These sound like they'll be very strong.

Spidey should really, really not have better protect tiles than Cap. Cap should have the best protect tiles in the game at present...otherwise, Cap becomes an even bigger loser.
  • It's only a minor thing but I have to say that I don't like the brownish new background that replaced the green for missions with a default character. Only at first impression so far, but still
  • IceIX
    Options
    rabscutle wrote:
    IceX - Can you list out the devices considered "High Resolution" ?

The visual on my Nexus 10 (which has a higher resolution than Retina) Still looks like it is blown up from something made for a phone. Which devices were included?
    Depends on the asset. Before, many assets were upscaled from smaller texture sizes to larger ones. Now we downscale from larger texture sizes to lower. If the asset wouldn't benefit from that larger texture size (gems for example given that they're pretty small even on PC) they didn't get scaling changes and won't look much, if any, different. It's an engine-wide change, so technically it affects every device but the only ones that are noticeable are those on which the resolution would have about doubled.
  • someguy wrote:
    IceIX, how are Spidey's protect tiles compared to Bullseye's, and more importantly, Cap's? These sound like they'll be very strong.

Spidey should really, really not have better protect tiles than Cap. Cap should have the best protect tiles in the game at present...otherwise, Cap becomes an even bigger loser.

Copy paste from spidey topic:

spidey 128 level 4/5/3
    without web tiles - 51 strenght tile after matching purple, with 3 web tiles 200 something strenght tile after matching purple. I think max I can get is 338.
    Even 150% buffed iron man in double shot tourney can damage me for 1 point by matching tiles. Who want to fight against spidey now icon_e_smile.gif?
    Nice one. Where is respecify button... ?
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    someguy wrote:
    IceIX, how are Spidey's protect tiles compared to Bullseye's, and more importantly, Cap's? These sound like they'll be very strong.

Just tested it, quick

Lvl 141 Spiderman
    Lvl 3 purple

With no web tiles - 55 Damage

With 4 Web Tiles 278
    With 7 Web Tiles 371
  • - The tips screen when an Agent fails at winning a battle has been improved

You didn't lose so much as somehow fail to win. icon_e_smile.gif