Reaction to the OMG thread

Options
Hey all,

I joined The X-Men only one month ago after a small group of people reached out to me.
During this short period I have made wonderful new friends. Slobo, Mikey, Electro, Flo, Krane, and all the others. Great guys, fun to be with. And that's important to me.

I never spoke on forum because there's a lot of bashing going on and that's really not my thing. We have been called cheaters, hackers, whatever. All of these accusations are false.
In that regard I have to commend Reckless for coming out and talking to us and asking in stead of accusing. Thank you for that Reckless, it was much appreciated.

And yes, we have some people dumping money into this game. Concerns have been raised about that. But the ones of us doing that are all people with good jobs, or in my case, succesful business owners. We also have people spending nothing at all. Everybody is free to do as he or she pleases in that regard. For me this game is a great outlet.

That all being said, as a human being I do not condone the thread started by Clf in the omg thread in any way. The derogatory remarks made about the other alliances embarassed me. Everyone is his own man or woman and can write whatever he or she wants. But in no way do the words of Clf represent the way The X-Men or I look at competitors. We see all as worthy opponents.

We are about being competitive. We are about being fun.

I am willing to answer all earnest questions, if there are any. If you want to bash this post, feel free to do so, I do not care, I felt I had to write this. And as English is not my native language, sentences will be structured incorrectly, interpunctuation will be wrong.

I respect all of you playing this game, at whatever level you play, or in whatever alliance you are. And let's face it, without the competition between 5DV, S.H.I.E.LD. and The X-Men, would this game be less fun? I think so.

C u all out there.

Gipsy Danger
Kakko
Marco

(Those three ARE the same person, lol icon_e_wink.gif)

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I wish you would be that competitive in PvE. We need more people leapfrogging the leaders to push rubberbanding higher and get me the high end rewards. icon_razz.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I... wow.

You know, that post single-handedly might have done more for the reputation of your alliances than all other posts of any x-men combined during the last 3 weeks icon_e_smile.gif

Just coming out and being _human_ and just saying "yeah, some of us spend" is just so plain honest that I wonder why it took so long.
    And a sense of humour, too!

Respect to you icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words Bowgentle.
    What I wrote is true and heartfelt.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Too bad you had to join under these circumstances, but I think it's a good thing, since the only members of your alliance that have been actively posting here so far have been the ones who really, really shouldn't be doing so until they learn how to manage basic civil conversation.

The combination of bad representation and gameplay oddities has unfortunately led to the overall (forum) community having a rather negative opinion of the X-Men. It might be a bit unfair to judge an entire alliance by the misdeeds of a few, but again, when the others in the alliance aren't part of the community at all, we have little else to base our opinions on.

I hope this is the first step in the X-Men becoming a bit more active in the community, because it's a lot easier to congratulate you on a well-deserved win, or to ask you questions about strange rosters or play styles if you're 'one of us' and approachable. It will enrich the community as a whole and will probably make for a more pleasant overall experience for the X-Men as well. So welcome, and thanks for the positive gesture.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I... wow.

You know, that post single-handedly might have done more for the reputation of your alliances than all other posts of any x-men combined during the last 3 weeks icon_e_smile.gif

Just coming out and being _human_ and just saying "yeah, some of us spend" is just so plain honest that I wonder why it took so long.

Spending money on this game is not the problem. D3P needs money to keep the game alive.

What is wrong is the overall atmosphere around the X-Men.

More to come in the Season 2 of "Behind the Scenes".
  • Unknown
    Options
    @ Der_Lex

The X-Men do not have an official spokesperson.
    I have proposed to Naz that it would be good for everyone to have spokespersons.

My reaction to the thread is really based upon the fact I was embarassed by Clf's words.
    And maybe I'm not the best spokesperson, because I don't even know how to do the yellow quote
    thingy you guys do.....

Looool

Gipsy
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KakkoB wrote:
    @ Der_Lex

I have proposed to Naz that it would be good for everyone to have spokespersons.

My reaction to the thread is really based upon the fact I was embarassed by Clf's words.
    And maybe I'm not the best spokesperson, because I don't even know how to do the yellow quote
    thingy you guys do.....

Looool

Gipsy

Hehe... there's a 'quote' box on the upper right corner of the post you'd like to quote. It copies that post into your reply.

I agree with you that everyone in an alliance should just speak for themselves. Emeryt kind of passed the commander torch on to Phaserhawk and me when he quit the game and left the ScAvengers, but I wouldn't presume to speak for the rest of them. They can ramble incoherently just as well for themselves! icon_mrgreen.gif
    And you do just fine as well. You don't need fancy quotes for that. Or even perfect English (even though yours is just fine). As long as you keep posting without referring to female body parts or your supposed IQ score, I think you'll do just fine. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    KakkoB wrote:

It's not a bad idea, but ensure that it isn't Naz. His posts probably severely exacerbated the cheating accusations.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I must say, I wasn't expecting this thread at all, given all we've seen the last few weeks on the forum. As Bowgentle said, this one thread, your post, gives a completely different view.

So..well spoken. Thanks for the post. Honesty is all I would ever hope for, and I certainly welcome it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thank you, Kakko. Truly.

The issue most of us had with your alliance was never about your winning. SHIELD wins and we don't **** all over them.
    It wasn't about the possible cheating. We may have hated a few players for that but we're not going to hold you responsible for something your peers may or may not have done.
    The issue was, and still is (though to a lesser extent now thanks to you), all about the toxic atmosphere that your alliance was creating with the childish behavior of those members who were "allowed" to post. A thread of this caliber is just what was needed to help clear the air and show us that you're not all awful human beings.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great move by an xman since a very long time..it seems we now know where are the missing 180 iq from the 183 iq naz, clf, and you share.. Excellent post.. Keep em coming..
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great move by an xman since a very long time..it seems we now know where are the missing 180 iq from the 183 iq naz, clf, and you share.. Excellent post.. Keep em coming..

Snap
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The fact that you're actually able to spell and use full sentences makes you a much better spokesman than most people icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Today I looked at my OMA bracket and GIPSY_DANGER was wrecking it. At first I was all "ooh that x-man what a jerk" now it's "that guys cool so I'm ok with this". Wreck away GIPSY, you're a boon to your alliance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Friendly reminder to the community that making jokes and jabs at some of the more colorful members of x-men in a thread authored with utmost civility and humility is not necessary. True he may not condone the posts made by some of his colleagues but he may still be friends with them and no one likes listening to a group of outsiders make fun of their friends.

Save the retorts about IQ for the original OMG thread where it might be called for.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, actually I do have a question. What's with the name changes?
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I... wow.

Spending money on this game is not the problem. D3P needs money to keep the game alive.

What is wrong is the overall atmosphere around the X-Men.

More to come in the Season 2 of "Behind the Scenes".

Guy, you need to "Let it go." Your posts make you sound like some sort of jilted lover. Watch some Disney movies or something.
  • Kingofpopcorn
    Kingofpopcorn Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Hi Bow,

we used to be in the same alliance you left lethal for djungo, outhlaw and I joined the xmen. They are realy really nice guys. Naz is an excellent leader and I am proud to be part of the xmen.
    Please don't think we are cheaters. I know you are a smart guy icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi Bow,

we used to be in the same alliance you left lethal for djungo, outhlaw and I joined the xmen. They are realy really nice guys. Naz is an excellent leader and I am proud to be part of the xmen.
    Please don't think we are cheaters. I know you are a smart guy icon_e_smile.gif
    I know you're legit, you put in good scores when we were together icon_e_smile.gif

It's really good to see so many upvotes on Kakko's post.
    Nice counterpoint to all the negativity in here icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:

Guy, you need to "Let it go." Your posts make you sound like some sort of jilted lover. Watch some Disney movies or something.

You should understand soon why I said that.