Big Thunder Event

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Heh. Buffed Thor. I wonder if it's more OP than buffed Rag.

I'm going to go for doom, I guess. I dislike IW and moonstone is way too situational for me to invest in.

Good luck everyone!

Comments

• I don't know who's thread will win out, but is Blue Doom up for grabs? I need some more of those.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I don't know who's thread will win out, but is Blue Doom up for grabs? I need some more of those.

Progression has Blue at 1100 and Black at 1300; Placement Rewards has Black x2 and Blue x2 for second place, black x1 and blue x1 for 3-5, and black for 6-10.

I've got a 4/3 so I should be able to max him in this tournament.
  • The Recruit Pack is hosed. "Pack_WE_Thor_PVP_HP", "Pack_WE_Thor_PVP_HP_Upsell," and showing just a Level 000 Yelena Belova.

The event definition is hosed. "Now's your chance to win Wolverine (X-Force) or Ragnarok!" misspells IW, Doom and Moonstone.

:slowclap:
  • Progression has Blue at 1100 and Black at 1300; Placement Rewards has Black x2 and Blue x2 for second place, black x1 and blue x1 for 3-5, and black for 6-10.

Eww .. sounds tough. I'd probably have better luck in a Lightning round.

Thanks.
  • This will be odd. With no hp boost between 1 and 2 almost everyone will shoot for #2. I'd rather get the tier below #2 than rank 1 honestly.

Also, they REALLY don't want to give out red Thor do they.... Still stuck at 4/5/3
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    This will be odd. With no hp boost between 1 and 2 almost everyone will shoot for #2. I'd rather get the tier below #2 than rank 1 honestly.

Also, they REALLY don't want to give out red Thor do they.... Still stuck at 4/5/3

I got two straight from Hunt Heroics.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    This will be odd. With no hp boost between 1 and 2 almost everyone will shoot for #2. I'd rather get the tier below #2 than rank 1 honestly.

I got two straight from Hunt Heroics.

Im in the same boat with thor, need one more red. I've been tempted to shell out the 500hp but i'm thinking that once i get those Hunt heroics tokens I'm gonna get a bunch. Thanks for confirming my theory. Although I'll probably get nothing but green thor's now.
  • Uh...yeah. Really hope I place at 2.
  • I'd like to introduce a motion to rename this event (and thread) to "Thornament 2: Electric Boogaloo".
  • It's gonna be hard to land exactly in the #2 spot, and I actually kind of want Moonstone. Hmmm...
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    I'd like to introduce a motion to rename this event (and thread) to "Thornament 2: Electric Boogaloo".

It has been entirely too long since we have had a shockingly good pun thread.
  • It's gonna be hard to land exactly in the #2 spot, and I actually kind of want Moonstone. Hmmm...

I know its Friday, but you are drinking too early mate. The tequila and narcotics are for after 8 pm. (If you live in Europe...enjoy?)
    JohnduBois wrote:
    I'd like to introduce a motion to rename this event (and thread) to "Thornament 2: Electric Boogaloo".

JohnduBois wrote:

I see what u did there...way to hammer the point home.
  • Personally, I'm probably not gonna do much in this tournament for several reasons:

The progression and rank awards are nothing I need, and really, Invisible Woman doesn't sound all that exciting, even in spite of her being a 4-star, hard-to-collect cover.

And not having a levelled Thor really can put a crimp on doing anything aside from ISO farming. So If you happen to see me, you can go ahead and attack. I'm planning on hitting seeds and low ratings for the duration of this tournament.
  • Hopefully my strategy of joining during the last minutes of Double Shot has landed me in an easy bracket. Yielded with a team of Invisible Woman, Bag Man, and guest Thor so folks can have fun beating up on them until I'm ready to start in earnest.

Also, yellow Thor at 600 will finish mine up.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Hopefully my strategy of joining during the last minutes of Double Shot has landed me in an easy bracket. Yielded with a team of Invisible Woman, Bag Man, and guest Thor so folks can have fun beating up on them until I'm ready to start in earnest.

Also, yellow Thor at 600 will finish mine up.

Lucky, I've killed so many green/yellow thors I wonder if I should have built a second one (not worth the ISO most likely...have a 4/5/2 I'M, now a 1/3/5 widow, a lvl 40 c.storm needing boosting, and a spidey that would appreciate some more blues from the rng all in desperate need of some ISO).

I think I am going to start this tournement tomorrow night...aim for top 10 and see if I scoot into #2. If I am lucky the #1 spot will be miles away AMD I Wong have to worry about tiny kittikatting into the #1 spot. I'd rather get 2 dooms than none. Heck, even 1 doom.
  • I've thrown away quite a few red Thors, and I have a green sitting in cache I could use to do 5/4/4, but I wanted 5/5/3. It doesn't seem to make much difference either way.

Oh yeah, Doom. I have two covers of him now, nearly forgot with everything else going on. My Moonstone is complete (though I may want a respec after her change), so it's Doom or nothing here.
  • soooo are there any teams worth skipping in the thornament? lol

i actually think c.storm could be a pain
  • I almost dropped my Ipad when I read you could win a rag.

Silly me knew that would be too good to be true, though at least Doom is helpful. So its a step in the right direction!

Anyone else notice that Call the Storm (Thor's green skill) not getting buffed?
  • This tournament disappeared for me? Only the hunt is showing...

Edit: nm, app updated and it was back
  • Ugh - too many people are just grinding out The Hunt, I guess. Ratings for opponents are all in the 300-600 range. Unless something really changes, there's not much chance of hitting the higher tier progression rewards, and I was hoping to at least make a run for one of those Dooms. Guess I'll just aim for 1st and be happy when I get tagged at the end and end up with Doom anyways. Although if I nab IW I could actually play some of the Hunt missions that are locked for me!

Also, is it just me, or is anyone else just getting the same 5-10 names cycling over and over?

Buffed Thor is fun to play with though!