Poll : What's your opinion on Team Up ?

Options
Unknown
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't know what to think. I don't like it, but guys are thrilled.

Please just sum up your opinion to explain why you ticked the option. In just one sentence.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    It adds some customization and a new aspect to the game and replaces some terrible environment tile designs... as much as I loved healing for 50HP and adding 3 x 3dmg strike tiles... I think i'll get over it.

It's neat, adds some variability, and lets you mess around with powers you don't own and makes you want to attack certain teams to try to acquire certain powers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'd rather have a hot dog in my mouth than Black Panther up my booty...
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm not a fan of playing PvE nodes and having a Sentry Team-Up come wipe out my team when I would otherwise take out the other team without much damage.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Aebramz wrote:
    It adds some customization and a new aspect to the game and replaces some terrible environment tile designs... as much as I loved healing for 50HP and adding 3 x 3dmg strike tiles... I think i'll get over it.

It's neat, adds some variability, and lets you mess around with powers you don't own and makes you want to attack certain teams to try to acquire certain powers.

I really like to know if you will have SAME opinion after some games, when you have only useless Moonstone and Yelena powers which you cant use and enemy team would have World rupture and Supernova at the same time. (Yes I have battling such enemy, it was really nice to deny him one more AP type then we used to, and for NOTHING. )

I HATE TEAM-UPS - DEVELOPERS, ARE YOU PLAYING YOUR GAME?? I suppose not.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I love it in theory, but receiving terrible abilities I will never use and that I can't even get rid of is quite bad. If the ability is too low level, I do not want it. If it's too high AP, I never want it. It could also be one of the mostly useless ones: I don't want those either.

Unless they want to make this a balancing mechanism (Here, you can fight this team with a IM40, but chances are you'll get stuck with a ****, expensive ability, forever!), they just have to rethink how abilities are handed. Being able to remove them would help a little, but still, I don't want to spend time telling a game to throw away something I never wanted in the first place.

Dota2 stop handing people treasures that needed for-pay keys for a reason. Handing people Blue IM40 powers is even worse, because there's nobody out there that wants them.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2014
    Options
    How do I hate Team Up? Let me count the ways.
    I hate it to a depth and breadth of eight
    When low rank teams with Supernova await.
    A sudden Panther Rage gives the ideal case
    For why I have a Sniper Rifle malaise.
    Or when Bullseye weilds Mjolnir’s Might.
    I hate it freely, since it randomized my fight.
    I hate it purely, as I fry in Inferno's blaze.
    I hate it when I face Nick Fury's blues
    Since afterwards, with just a smidge of health, a wraith
    I hate that I now seem destined to lose
    These worse cascades cause final breath.
    The current state of play does not amuse,
    With randomized and unexpected death.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I voted too soon, but really the issue is that it's a potentially interesting idea that hasn't had all the bugs worked out yet. I think it's not well-balanced, currently. It also benefits the AI because they never have to worry about saving them; in a sense, it's like allowing the AI to use boosts, except theirs don't expire.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I voted no opinion yet, but since I plan to wait until at least Saturday to update (after Cap and Patch PvP and current PvE), I am pretty confident that this will lower the amount of time I can play again. Hopefully, it will lower the PvP scores too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It shows effort on the developers part to improve the game. Regardless the outcome of Team Up's, the fact that they are trying is all one could ask. Personally, I see it as another sign that they continue to move in the right direction for the most part.

I would like them to acknowledge the future of MMR and PVE end times for euro players (especially for new character releases), as these two have been unresolved for a long time. Are we just stuck with these for the unforeseeable future, or is something in the pipeline to eventually address these two issues.
  • Unknown
    Options
    No opinion yet - it seems like a really cool and potentially useful idea, but the artificial limitations placed onto it by the devs make it not really great - you can only have 20 of them saved up, and you must use them to discard them (no way to delete). This is a bad idea if you're playing in the prologue and you fight the characters with abilities that are just way too expensive (e.g. control shift and murderous aim).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Interesting idea, but I don't like the current implementation because it makes the games much more random and luck-based. Maybe they wanted to show something in Comic-Con, but didn't have enough time to test before releasing it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    R59 should be released soon.

My Team Up reserve is full. I won't bother trying to use them.

Oh well, the devs have worked a few weeks and I played with this a few hours...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Voted No opinion yet. It's a great idea, but needs adjusting, just like environment needed adjusting.
    Now I can just go to PVE and get a overpowerd version of ares on my side or even moonstones red is great in those lvls.
    My Chars are maxed 2*, but now I can use lvl150 Ares powers...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It shows effort on the developers part to improve the game.
    Interesting. I see it as yet another effort to sell health packs. True Healing must've been very disappointing so far. I mean seriously, every new thing in the game since True Healing has been designed to make us take proportionately more damage in battles. The level up-shift, the balance of power pvp... this teamup nonsense is just more of the same.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like it so far. I have not played a ton, but I do like the concept. I think it makes defensive wins more likely to happen and might get scoring down again in PVP. I think it will be interesting when shield hopping. Do you bring an extra TU power with you or do you just pump in the AP boosts like normal and have an empty tile. Maybe I am lucky but I have not been tinykittied into oblivion yet. It definatly makes those TU tiles a lot more valuable than the ENV.

Oh and we are all going to be stuck with any abilities that cost over 12. I have a moonstone TU that I failed 3 times to get rid of in the prologue. Epic fail icon_cry.gif
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm sure a delete option is coming soon, but I like the team ups. Lets me use some high characters and a Team Up steal AP option, without needing a stealer. There are bugs of course, but it's not like they are going to be left as bugs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    It shows effort on the developers part to improve the game.
    Interesting. I see it as yet another effort to sell health packs. True Healing must've been very disappointing so far. I mean seriously, every new thing in the game since True Healing has been designed to make us take proportionately more damage in battles. The level up-shift, the balance of power pvp... this teamup nonsense is just more of the same.

The really funny thing. I thought this was the first change that no one would be able to find a reason to complain (aside from the bugs that typically come with a new feature). Now, I just feel stupid. I'm guessing there's nothing that any one can do that there will not be complaints about.

They come up with a feature that makes more teams viable because if you want lets say anti-gravity or aggressive recon, you no longer have obw in your line up to use those.

The "more" damage" people are complaining about is because players had taken for granted the CPU would go after enviro tiles instead of more useful ones. It is not that there is a new feature that is causing the increase in damage. It is the removal of the enviro tiles. Another way to look at it, the AI has been given a buff to the extent that is no longer "throwing" away turns to get enough AP to purchase a hot dog. Therefore, if the enviro tiles had been removed or AI made harder, you would be getting to a large extent the same increase in damage.

Lastly, you have to remember this feature is on your defensive team as well. This means that other teams that used to beat you easier, will have the same increase in AI difficulty that you are facing on offense.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It adds variety and versatility to the game.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no idea what to make of this yet, but it's the first fundamental change that shakes up things for everyone, newbies and vets alike.
    So I'm all for it for now - definitely excited to see what the final version will look like since this first incarnation obviously needs some kinks worked out.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't particularly like or hate it. Probably the longer I play with this new feature implemented, I'll get a clear idea how I feel about it. So far the things I'm not fond of is the inability to rid some TU's.