Patrol lengths

Options
Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't think anyone has done one of these yet, so I figured I'd make a list of the times that characters are away on patrol.

I think the length of time they are away is independent of their level, but if anyone has any differing information, please add it and I'll make the appropriate adjustments

Adding in recall costs if you want to recall them immediately. Recall costs degrade over time, and the rate is still being spaded.

36 Hours
Nick Fury - 380

24 Hours
Black Panther - 280
Deadpool
Human Torch (Classic) - 275
Magneto (Classic)
Sentry - 280
Storm (Mohawk)
The Punisher - 280
Thor (Modern)
Wolverine (X-Force)

16 Hours
Black Widow (Grey Suit)
Captain Marvel
Daken (Classic)
Dr. Doom - 200
Falcon
Hulk
Iron Man (Model 40)
Loki
Psylocke
Ragnarok
She-Hulk
The Hood
Wolverine (Patch)

12 Hours
Black Widow (Original) - 180
Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - 180
Invisible Woman
Storm (Classic)
Thor (Marvel NOW!)

8 Hours
Ares
Bullseye
Captain America (Steve Rogers) - 145
Daredevil
Hawkeye (Modern)
Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
Spider-Man (Classic)
Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

6 Hours
Black Widow (Modern)
Storm (Modern)

4 Hours
Captain America (Modern)
Hawkeye (Classic)
Iron Man (Model 35)
Juggernaut
Moonstone - 85
Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 85
Venom

2 Hours
Yelena Belova - 55

Comments

• Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm curious what determines the length of loan, judging from that it has nothing to do with rarirty but what the developers consider the strongest?
  • Marty17 wrote:
    I'm curious what determines the length of loan, judging from that it has nothing to do with rarirty but what the developers consider the strongest?

I was thinking about that too. There's certainly some that are powerful in the 24 hour camp... but I don't think I'd put XForce in there. Not when you have L'Cap hanging out in the 8 hour camp. I'd much rather have 3 of his team-ups than a single XForce.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's true, as Caps red (slow it may be) is fairly destructive in contrast to X-Force.

Btw, I found the loan times for the characters you're missing (I knew having a large roster would be handy!)

**Bullseye - 8hrs
    **Spider-Man - 4hrs
    *Venom - 4hrs
  • j12601 wrote:
    I don't think anyone has done one of these yet, so I figured I'd make a list of the times that characters are away on patrol.

I think the length of time they are away is independent of their level, but if anyone has any differing information, please add it and I'll make the appropriate adjustments

36 Hours
    Nick Fury

24 Hours
    Black Panther
    Deadpool
    Human Torch (Classic)
    Magneto (Classic)
    Sentry
    Storm (Mohawk)
    The Punisher
    Thor (Modern)
    Wolverine (X-Force)

16 Hours
    Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    Captain Marvel
    Daken (Classic)
    Dr. Doom
    Falcon
    Hulk
    Iron Man (Model 40)
    Loki
    Psylocke
    Ragnarok
    She-Hulk
    The Hood
    Wolverine (Patch)

12 Hours
    Black Widow (Original)
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Invisible Woman
    Storm (Classic)
    Thor (Marvel NOW!)

8 Hours
    Ares
    Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Daredevil
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    Spiderman (Classic)
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

6 Hours
    Black Widow (Modern)
    Storm (Modern)

4 Hours
    Captain America (Modern)
    Hawkeye (Classic)
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Juggernaut
    Moonstone

2 Hours

Yelena Belova

I'm missing information for these characters because I don't have them on my roster:
    Bullseye
    Spiderman (Bagman)
    Venom

If anyone can list the times they're away I'll add them to the first post.

There is obviously no rhyme or reason to this list. This dog seems to know what he's doing more than D3/demiurge.

522b6c04e691b209f948b81f_736.jpg
  • Marty17 wrote:
    That's true, as Caps red (slow it may be) is fairly destructive in contrast to X-Force.

Btw, I found the loan times for the characters you're missing (I knew having a large roster would be handy!)

**Bullseye - 8hrs
    **Spider-Man - 4hrs
    *Venom - 4hrs

Thanks. Edited the first post to reflect the full set of available characters.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This should be in either the "Tips" or "Character" section and stickied, as it is incredibly helpful/informative.

+1 for your efforts

EDIT: clarification
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, what does it say about Yelena, that she returns faster than Bagman??
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone want to look in to the possibility that it's based on total or average AP cost of powers? I'm at work right now so I can't run the numbers.
  • Jathro wrote:
    This should be in either the "Tips" or "Character" section and stickied, as it is incredibly helpful/informative.

If any mods want to move this to one of those places, go for it. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Anyone want to look in to the possibility that it's based on total or average AP cost of powers? I'm at work right now so I can't run the numbers.

Either that, or how much they consider the powers useful, or maybe some collected data on how much people tend to put such powers on use. I suspect that because of Yelena Belova being the fastest, and I was full of Belova tags prior to the update...
  • Wow is it just me are the patrol times really long.
  • Wow is it just me are the patrol times really long.

It does seem that way, but if the team-ups stick around after the character is back from patrol, then it's not so terrible to send one out each day overnight of a character you know you won't use.
  • Is the cost to recall those guys related to how long they're out? How much does it cost to begin with? I'm afraid to check it because I heard it just takes it from you without confirmation if you click on it, but I sent out Nick Fury yesterday and he's a required character in the next event...
  • Roraborealis
    Options
    The patch notes said that the heroes on patrol would be unavailable for a "short time". I would consider a "short time" to be no more than one or two hours, since team-ups are of limited usefulness. 24 hours is a long time. I'd use this if the times were shorter, but I'm not going to give up characters on my roster for that long, and I'm not going to ask my alliance members to do it, either.
  • By the way, this would be a good example of where communication is lacking. I don't mind the fact that the teamup feature mostly sucks and now I'm potentially penalized for sending out Nick Fury to the first guy who asked for help only to find that it takes him 36 hours to return even though I was told it's a 'short time'. But right now I've to make a choice between recalling Nick Fury for iso 8 and possibly see a message like 'Thanks for the 500 HP $$$, please come again', but not having him available can have an adverse impact on iso 8 brotherhood. I don't mind paying some HP to get him back even if it's not my fault, but I need to at least know if we're talking about 50 or 500 HP here before I click on that button, which I'm told doesn't even ask for a confirmation.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    I clicked one yesterday and it did ask for a confirmation, so that may not be true. Take your chances? It's likely quite expensive, though.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it does ask for a confirmation. IIRC it was like 325 HP when I checked immediately after I sent nick out

EDIT: it does decay, about 12 hours left on my timer and it wants 165
  • Thanks, very informative.

For God's sake, why weren't the patrol times posted anywhere? Facebook, in-game pop up, forum announcement...something. Hell, I'd even take a tweet icon_cry.gif
  • If it takes 325 HP to get a Fury teamup does that mean we can expect the AP+3 all boosts to go up to 1000 HP pretty soon?
  • Phantron wrote:
    If it takes 325 HP to get a Fury teamup does that mean we can expect the AP+3 all boosts to go up to 1000 HP pretty soon?

Err... it costs nothing to get a Fury team-up. It costs HP to bring Fury back if you sent him out and then wanted to use him before he comes back. And as the times are on the characters before you send them out (which is how I made the list), it could be argued that you should have noticed the part that said 36 hours, and still clicked to send him away.