How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Options

Comments

• For anyone concerned about hitting 50k -- seems like it won't be a problem. The #1 at this point is just over 49k. I'm at #94 with 48518, and still have at least 200-300 points of missions left (probably more, but it's hard to tell). With whatever sub events are available in the last 12 hours, it shouldn't be an issue to hit 50k for the red Punisher cover.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Those are probably all people that just started the event or are hopelessly far behind, and that's the best possible score with max multiplier.

That's the most likely scenario.

I agree that is the most likely scenario but the fact that Blue Rogue seems to have somehow gamed the system worries me that if he/she has figured out a point hack you would try it out first in a sub-mission before firing it off in the overall mission. I haven't seen that many ties with that many points in any sub-mission so farthough The Hunt or The Hulk. It worries me a tiny bit not a tinyktty bit just a tiny bit.

The system is clearly set up that suppose you're so strong that you select 'fight' and the enemies simply roll over and die and you just keep on click 'fight' until there is nothing left to fight, you'd always be #1 (unless there are guys doing exactly the same thing), so there's nothing to 'game' here. If your characters are strong enough to simply win every PvE match you'll always be at the top. The rubberband system isn't there to help you surpass the guy who wins every PvE encounter the moment they're available. It's there to make sure you can come close to a guy who can grind infinitely well. I'm pretty sure the familiar guys at the top simply just do every PvE mission whenever they become available. Now maybe there's something fishy for being able to beat those level 245X3 guys so reliably but it's hardly impossible. Again, if you simply grinded every mission the moment they're available, you'd still be on the top of the ranking and no trick is needed at all.

Phantron has really good posts - thanks for joining this board.

I definitely don't think Blue Rogue (or anybody else) is somehow manipulating the points they get from the event to end up in first. But, winning fights that would normally outmatch him very quickly is a completely different matter...
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

I definitely don't think Blue Rogue (or anybody else) is somehow manipulating the points they get from the event to end up in first. But, winning fights that would normally outmatch him very quickly is a completely different matter...

Agreed. There's no indication anyone is gaming the points.
  • I am still surprised that playing the game every day doesn't help you in the main event leaderboard. How about 200 more points daily as a loyalty bonus?

That would at least make the rubber banding a bit more palatable.

Just sitting here looking at Nevada events. Trying to decide if I should play them or not. 138 for the first event right now.

Wait and hope they go up a little? Play them and wait and hope its good enough?
  • A loyalty bonus would be great. I lost the hunt badly due to insane rubber banding after being in first place most of the week.Some rubber banding is OK but someone who barely ever plays should not be able to sweep in and take top prize away from loyal players.

Also I still do not understand why the Dev team won't give clear rules on their contest that do not change.anyways.

P.S. can i trade in my Invisable woman for 1 blue spiderman kthanxbuhbye sigh ....grumble
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am still surprised that playing the game every day doesn't help you in the main event leaderboard. How about 200 more points daily as a loyalty bonus?

That would at least make the rubber banding a bit more palatable.

Just sitting here looking at Nevada events. Trying to decide if I should play them or not. 138 for the first event right now.

Wait and hope they go up a little? Play them and wait and hope its good enough?

I like this idea, these bonus points should not be subject to rubberbanding. Maybe even put a requirement on them, like you must complete a certain number of missions to get it.
  • Now my first Nevada event is 168.

I can say with 100% certainty that I do NOT like this system.

So sitting and waiting and not playing the game is a great strategy?

Using that logic deleting the app would put me in first place.
  • It would be great if people weren't cheating.
  • Microtom wrote:
    It would be great if people weren't cheating.

Who is cheating and how are they doing it?

If you don't want to post it here send a ticket in and maybe pm ice.
  • Now Nevada is 177.

So by the looks of it, every 100 places I drop in the main leaderboard the 1st Nevada event goes up around 10 points worth.
  • Microtom wrote:
    It would be great if people weren't cheating.

Who is cheating and how are they doing it?

If you don't want to post it here send a ticket in and maybe pm ice.

Everyone getting the same score but a handful of people. The devs didn't come clean with how the system works, unless I missed it. Why are people able to get past 7800 in this round?
  • Microtom wrote:
    Everyone getting the same score but a handful of people. The devs didn't come clean with how the system works, unless I missed it. Why are people able to get past 7800 in this round?

Rubberbanding? If a bunch of people are just starting the hulk event they would have inflated values for each mission.
  • Microtom wrote:

Whose all getting the same score? I'm quite sure my score is different from Nemek's, or Misguided's, or beezer's, etc.

If you mean all the people in that screen shot -- yes, as was mentioned above, those are almost certainly people who haven't played much or at all in this event until this round of sub-missions. So they're getting the absolutely maximum possible score for the sub mission via rubber banding -- 7800 (at least for the first complete play through).

And the devs did explain how things worked, as much as they ever state how things work. It's in the News and Announcements forum. If you're expecting exact formula, then you may as well give up now. That's never going to happen.
  • Placing well in the main bracket is very different from placing well in the sub-bracket.

To place well in the main bracket, the simplest strategy is to do every mission the moment they're available and beat them. This will guaranteed a top spot in the overall bracket, provided you're actually able to beat the rather insane PvE missions every single time. If you cannot do this, what you should do is wait about an hour or two to ensure the overall leader has already beaten all the PvE missions (check overall board to get an idea of when this is happening, as you'd see the overall leader's point jump by at least 1K or more) and then beat whatever you can beat. You want to play as much as you can immediately after the overall leader is done (since his points increases the points of the mission you can beat), though if a sub-bracket is ending soon (say under 5 hours), you probably want to wait until there's only an hour left to do that one, because your missions probably won't refresh before it ends so you might as well do it as late as possible in case the overall leader piled on more points.

Now, doing this would likely make you place very poorly in the sub-brackets once you get past the first day. To do well in the sub-brackets, especially if we're talking about 1-4, you pretty much have to tank multiple sub-brackets before so that you're far enough in the overall bracket and then use all your rubberband points in a particular sub-bracket. For a 2000 man bracket, you have to come in at no higher than around 600 place for multiple sub-brackets in order to fall far enough. I placed 3rd on one of the sub-bracket this tournament, and the previous 5 I placed top 800, 800, 800, 600, and 600. I wasn't trying to do it on purpose (wasn't able to play for a day) and luckily my points at least held enough for the heroic token and then I pumped all the points from rubberbanding into one sub-bracket. I certainly could've fallen even further than 800 in 3 of those brackets, and it was still very close in the sub bracket I placed top (5th place was 1100 away from me, but that's the bracket with the 2000 point Punisher mission). I certainly wouldn't purposely try to tank my score to do well in a sub-bracket, but if you can't play for whatever reason, you might as well try to salvage something later.
  • the 7800 score is what everyone gets after 2 waves. If people got more, it's not because of a rubber banding effect, but because they started a 3rd wave. It's possible, my 3rd wave is replenishing also atm, but first people to move above 7800 in my bracket started way too early for it not to be a glitch with their timer.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    And the devs did explain how things worked, as much as they ever state how things work. It's in the News and Announcements forum. If you're expecting exact formula, then you may as well give up now. That's never going to happen.

I find it to be part of the beauty of these PvE's - working out what is required to 'win' each event. Granted, the Hunt was quite extreme, but if every event was linear, it would become most dull. In other words, everyone would figure it out and it would probably be an even bigger lottery.
  • Man, my Bolivia bracket is awful. I'm not even going to make top 800... I may not make top 1200.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Man, my Bolivia bracket is awful. I'm not even going to make top 800... I may not make top 1200.
    Same here. Top guy in mine has 8320, I have 702 with a bunch of 100 or less missions. Just gonna put all my eggs in Nevada and try to hit top 600
  • the moose wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Man, my Bolivia bracket is awful. I'm not even going to make top 800... I may not make top 1200.
    Same here. Top guy in mine has 8320, I have 702 with a bunch of 100 or less missions. Just gonna put all my eggs in Nevada and try to hit top 600

Your top guy "SavageSiordia", followed by Mickoho, Magnesiumx, and McTeer784?
  • Zathrus wrote:
    the moose wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:

Your top guy "SavageSiordia", followed by Mickoho, Magnesiumx, and McTeer784?
    Yup. Sounds like we joined the bracket with a bunch of guys who haven't been playing for the last week. O well. What are the odds of getting anything good from a Gamma bomb anyway. Well actually I pulled 2 hulks earlier in the week. But that probably just means I spent any "luck" I had saved up already