I...I think...I'm the greatest who ever lived...

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Okay really. Go look at the top 10 of The Hulk event. SURELY, I didn't do some missions that no one else could do? I know EVERY SINGLE MISSION in the event is repeatable...but everyone is capped at 504 and yet I'm past that...in fact I still have a lot of points available...

Comments

• srsNono wrote:
    Okay really. Go look at the top 10 of The Hulk event. SURELY, I didn't do some missions that no one else could do? I know EVERY SINGLE MISSION in the event is repeatable...but everyone is capped at 504 and yet I'm past that...in fact I still have a lot of points available...

Huh...what missions have you done so far to get those points?
  • Pretty sure that means I'm the greatest and the game knows you need a head start.
  • Strange, were you messing with the time on your device and are now in a different stage of the event?
  • Mommson wrote:
    Strange, were you messing with the time on your device and are now in a different stage of the event?

And if so***** how far into the future did you travel to reset the events?
  • Misguided wrote:
    srsNono wrote:

Huh...what missions have you done so far to get those points?

Well. My friend started it before I got home. He said he farmed the The Hulk and Nevada. And I did some work on Canada. Seriously, I'm like 100 points ahead at the moment. I don't even.
  • Mommson wrote:
    Strange, were you messing with the time on your device and are now in a different stage of the event?

Noooo. Scared to to do that. I remember having to use HP to restore my health packs so I didn't have to wait 3 days for them when i first started playing. I use my Ipod as an alarm clock and I work at specific times during the week so I need it to be at the proper time for my preset alarms.
  • Do you recall what the point value on the mission that requires punisher is? Or how many times you got points for each mission?
  • Misguided wrote:
    Do you recall what the point value on the mission that requires punisher is? Or how many times you got points for each mission?

I think the ones I've farmed out stopped after 3 or 4 times. Wasn't really counting. Those started at 50 and 25 for me I think. I'll have to ask my friend when he gets back about the rest. I really want to keep going for the rewards on the repeatables. But some of them I've only done once, so they're still worth something...I'm already 100 points ahead, and I'm sure its caught some eyes. So...do I keep going?
  • srsNono wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Do you recall what the point value on the mission that requires punisher is? Or how many times you got points for each mission?

I think the ones I've farmed out stopped after 3 or 4 times. Wasn't really counting. Those started at 50 and 25 for me I think. I'll have to ask my friend when he gets back about the rest. I really want to keep going for the rewards on the repeatables. But some of them I've only done once, so they're still worth something...I'm already 100 points ahead, and I'm sure its caught some eyes. So...do I keep going?

It's definitely not your fault that's it like that because tempering with the time is the only way to construct such a scenario on your side. So I would keep going. Say how many points do you have in the sub brackets?
  • Mommson wrote:
    srsNono wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

It's definitely not your fault that's it like that because tempering with the time is the only way to construct such a scenario on your side. So I would keep going. Say how many points do you have in the sub brackets?

Hold on. Let me finish getting points from all of the missions and I'll see how it stacks up.
  • You can really just change the time on your phone to cheat? Surely this game has some kind of defense against that if it really works?
  • srsNono wrote:
    Mommson wrote:
    srsNono wrote:
    Misguided wrote:

Hold on. Let me finish getting points from all of the missions and I'll see how it stacks up.

I see srsNono on my board @ 116 Nevada like everyone else now.
  • You can really just change the time on your phone to cheat? Surely this game has some kind of defense against that if it really works?

First of all its traceable by the devs and second it does not give you a real advantage because you only play faster through the content. Also all your heroes are downed several days if you go back in time. There really is no practicle way to abuse this but it can create the situation mentioned above. If he had done it we would have been able to catch up later and he would not have gotten more points overall

It does. It makes the events expire/kills all your characters and puts your Health packs on a 3 day wait period...or however long you rolled forward when you set it back. Thats why i dont do it. I screwed myself over and had to restore my health packs with HP so i could heal my characters without waiting 3 days when i first started playing.
  • Mommson wrote:
    You can really just change the time on your phone to cheat? Surely this game has some kind of defense against that if it really works?

First of all its traceable by the devs and second it does not give you a real advantage because you only play faster through the content. Also all your heroes are downed several days if you go back in time. There really is no practicle way to abuse this but it can create the situation mentioned above. If he had done it we would have been able to catch up later and he would not have gotten more points overall

Thanks, I was very worried there.
  • Yep. My location on the board for Nevada And Canada Seem to be equal to everyone elses. 116 and 230. Yet I'm about 150 points ahead in the main event.
  • Oh, look now. There's someone else who's pulled ahead. He's at 524.
  • srsNono wrote:
    Yep. My location on the board for Nevada And Canada Seem to be equal to everyone elses. 116 and 230. Yet I'm about 150 points ahead in the main event.

Have we established whether your time/date is correct or not?
  • srsNono wrote:
    Oh, look now. Theres someone else who's pulled ahead. He's at 524.

So if the two sub-missions award points equally, that would imply that there's something variable about the points award in the "main" mission.

When did you do those?
  • Hm very strange but seems to be consistent with the fact that the main brackets points differ for a lot of people. But usually it's only a few points (between 496 and 504). You also have only three missions done in the main event?