Patch Notes - R61 (Live, 09/24/2014)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

R61 is now live!

When we reveal our next character, Marvel Puzzle Quest will have its own Vitruvian Man!

Gameplay
    - Team-Up tiles shattered in a cascade now reward the proper amount of Team-Up AP. - Fixed a couple of rare cases where multiple help pop-ups appearing at once could block progress in the Tutorial. - Fixed a situation where you could wind up with missing character and tile graphics, preventing you from playing, if you lost network connection at a particular moment when first starting the game.

UI
    - Added a confirmation dialog when spending Hero Points to recall characters that you've sent to help your alliance mates. - Fixed a rounding error that caused the cost to recall characters that you've sent to help your alliance mates to be slightly too high. - Fixed an issue that could cause the number of tokens shown on the Recruit Heroes button to become out of sync with the number of tokens you actually have. - Closed an exploit that allowed players to remain shielded longer than they should have been. - Closed an exploit that allowed players to create an alliance without spending Iso-8.

Character
    - Loki's Trickery now converts all enemy Protect tiles to friendly Strike tiles (instead of a maximum of 4). - Fixed a bug where Black Panther's
Battleplan would create 6 Strike tiles instead of 3 if you fired it when you had exactly 12 Team-Up AP.
- When Punisher's Retribution triggers Deadpool's Life of the Party, the damage done to Deadpool will now be based on Deadpool's health, instead of the health of the character Punisher targeted.

Android Only
    - Greatly reduced the size of the initial download on Android. - You're now taken to the correct page when you accept a Facebook invitation to play MPQ on Android.

Comments

• So are we getting Doc Ock tomorrow, then?

Also, I noted this in the other thread, but the token count update doesn't seem to have worked.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've already sent a ticket but boosts are broken for me currently. I'm automatically updated on steam.

Currently +G/B AP is showing -100 for me and at the same time all my 20% match damage power boosts have been drained. Green/Black AP boosts aren't costing iso as they should currently but I would like a refund for my power boosts please.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    So are we getting Doc Ock tomorrow, then?

Next question: Original recipe or Superior edition?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    So are we getting Doc Ock tomorrow, then?

Also, I noted this in the other thread, but the token count update doesn't seem to have worked.

I hope they fix the boost problem before starting the next PvE.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Loading, loading everywhere. (Android)
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    Seriously, everywhere. Feels like it's downloading all the assets again.
  • After updating, the game is noticeably slower with longer loading times than before. Also, thank you for reducing the update download size for Android.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like the game is now pulling in art assets on an as-needed basis rather than downloading them all as part of the app from the start. I guess that's intentional, but it could be murder on my data limits if I downloaded the update on Wi-Fi but then loaded up the game on cellular access.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    Seriously, everywhere. Feels like it's downloading all the assets again.

Because it probably is it was often laggy enough when the app was twice the size now it's probably either fetching stuff from the web constantly or doing some really inefficient decompression. Either way can I have a 200MB app that's actually playable instead of this loading nonsense?
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Has the update been pulled? It's not showing as available to me.
  • flnn1 wrote:
    After updating, the game is noticeably slower with longer loading times than before. Also, thank you for reducing the update download size for Android.

These two things are likely related.
  • Loading times are horrendous. What's wrong with a 200-300mb download? It's a one-time download (or maybe once every other month or so), and if you don't have access to any wi-fi connection anywhere...well, probably you shouldn't be playing the game.
  • Add me to the "wow this is loading constantly and slow" line.

For David: Should we file tickets with customer service or is this known?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that doom is the main character on intro screen, shozldn't he recieve a third ability?
  • Data usage for mpq today = 178mb

The reduced update size is terrible if you're forced to constantly fetch data and load in the background.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    rabscutle wrote:
    Add me to the "wow this is loading constantly and slow" line.

For David: Should we file tickets with customer service or is this known?

Hi,

I'm going to try and get some clarification regarding Android loading times and update you when I can (hopefully soon). You might want to hold off on submitting tickets right now. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.
  • Data usage for mpq today = 178mb

The reduced update size is terrible if you're forced to constantly fetch data and load in the background.

Yeah, that is straight up ridiculous.
  • After the initial loading, I seem to be unaffected. Load times are back to normal.

...does that mean I have an unfair advantage? Ha.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    UPDATE:

Can anyone experiencing loading issues with the R61 update please visit this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16717

Thank you!