Best Active Abilities by Colour - Blue. RESULTS IN

Options
Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Following on the steps of viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17361, we're finding the best and worst abilities in each colour. Now it's Blue's time!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Obviously icon_nickfury.png is the top blueflag.png That's the easy one. After that, even though I like icon_magneto.png, I'm going with icon_captainamerica.png Rogers version for second best. I like the giant shield/protect tile that comes from the timer. The damage from icon_magneto.png is good, but I do value a great combo skill. And one of the best combo skills is Steve's stun plus protect tile.
  • Write-in vote: OBW's blue. No more true healing but that power has still saved my butt more times than I can count.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Fury and Mags, natch but I had to throw the third vote at Doom. I use Panther a lot and Tech Strike gets me Pantherslapping a lot faster.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why no Wind Storm ?

I know C Storm is a 2 star.png , but her blue is one of the most useful. I use her on the really High level enemies.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    Unfortunately, the poll admits only 15 choices, and 14 were taken by the 3 and 4 star.png characters. That means that I'd have to arbitrarily choose only one from the other characters. Should have I chosen Wind Storm or Anti-Gravity Device? Hell, you could make a case for Widow's Sting. In other words, if I arbitrarily chose one, I would have been hated by the people who'd rather choose the others. Let's just use the thread to vote for the best 2 or 1 star.png ability. My pick is indeed Wind Storm.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Equailzer, Bewilder, Mutagenic, Ballistic shouldn't have made it into the poll at all icon_razz.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Equailzer, Bewilder, Mutagenic, Ballistic shouldn't have made it into the poll at all icon_razz.gif

Well, I wanted it to be official. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Demolition is the winner in my book, simply because it makes you play scared.
    Oh, and the massive damage at the end. That's pretty good too.

Runner up is between Peacemaker and Chemical Reaction.

Peacemaker is nice because it gives you a stun, which works great against characters like Hulk, Sentry, Captain Marvel and the like, while also giving you a tile to overwrite an enemy tile and get more AP back and a big protect tile too. It's a very strong combo ability.

Chemical Reaction is strong because it offers 1500-2500 damage at the cost of 5 blue AP. It's damage to cost ratio is, likely, one of the best in the game.
  • Wind Storm is also my 3rd vote. That one skill carries you through so much of 1*-3* transition land, especially after you get MNMags.
  • daibar wrote:
    Wind Storm is also my 3rd vote. That one skill carries you through so much of 1*-3* transition land, especially after you get MNMags.

I often wish Mohawk Storm had a version of Windstorm
  • Wow, blue has gotten really, really weak in 3* land. I think it's worse than yellow now.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want to personally apoligize to everyone on the forum. I was too tired when I voted last night and just noticed I voted for Doc Ock's Blue instead of Cmags.

Please forum don't scold me for my insolence icon_cry.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad to see that Captain America is top tier in two colors. Great guy to run with. Too bad he's a soft target on defense.
  • Yeah Cap was my go to guy for much of the harder Gauntlet runs. Usually with iMags to start shutting someone down with blue while collecting red to start the pain. Honestly I think the fact that he is slow is why he doesn't see more PVP play, but played well he can hold his own against most people. Also he is perfect for taking down Hulks which everyone seems to love relying on for defense.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    I am surprised that so many people like Peacemaker. I don't particularly dislike it, but at 12 AP a simple stun comes too late for me (not to mention the protect tile, 3 turns later), especially since I would have been prioritising acquisition of red (and green/black for my other characters' powers) over blue. I'd much rather have All Tied Up, which for 2 less AP stuns a character for 1 turn more (or two for 1 and 2 turns) powering free, super strong protect tiles when I match purple with Spidey. Sure, the next Peacemaker is only going to cost you 2, after 3 turns for another 2-turn stun, but for only 3 more AP than that, spidey gets a 3 turn stun and you don't have to wait.

The only relevant upside of Peacemaker for me is the tile overwriting and Star-Spangled Avenger usually does enough of that. It saddens me to see ATU doing so poorly in the poll. It should be in the top 5, IMHO.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah I'm surprised that captain is getting so much love. Peacemaker is slow and does barely anything compared to its cost until you have only one opponent left. He is better in pve against countdown tiles but his abilities are still quite pricey and might come online too late. Personally I take magneto over Rogers any day of the week and captains red is unarguably better than mags red.
  • I think part of it is that blue is just a weak color now. There aren't a lot of good abilities in it, and Lazy Cap's only real downside is that it's slow to get going. Last time, Classic Mag's Blue ran away with it by such a margin that the drop-off after that didn't stand out.
  • Not that I would vote for Ballistic Salvo, but that is a deadly teamup that I have eaten more times than I can count. And I was very surprised that Spidey got no love for All Tied Up
  • Knyghtmare
    Options
    One thing that needs to be remembered about Cap's blue is that, no only does he stun for two turns, the countdown leaves a large defense tile on the board (300+ if I remember). This makes it far more useful late in the game when the other team gets enough to use their powers.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, don't underestimate the strength of Lcap's blue protect.png, just one of them is enough to block pretty much all match damage. Also, it's the closest we have now to being able to "stun lock" a single opponent (only being able to move 1 out of every 3 turns is...not very much)