Best Passive Abilities RESULTS IN

Options
Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
To close this set of polls, let us vote for the best Passive ability in all colours! (for 3 and 4 star.png characters, as always.)
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Went for Healing Factor, Anger, and Dormammu's Aid. I could have easily thrown both Lazy Daken's in there too, but nothing else comes close.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pheromone rage and dormanu were no brainers. But the third was harder to choose; I settled on falcon because it's kind of what makes his whole schtic work. And unlike the other ones you can actually control his triggering
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Healing Factor, Aid and Pheromone Rage. Anger gets dinged for helping both sides at lower levels.
  • Is there such a thing as a bad passive ability?

Each and every single passive is good in their own way.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Is there such a thing as a bad passive ability?

I would consider a 1-cover healing and heat as a bad passive ability icon_rolleyes.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Pheromone rage and dormanu were no brainers. But the third was harder to choose; I settled on falcon because it's kind of what makes his whole schtic work. And unlike the other ones you can actually control his triggering
    Apparently we're alone in this icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Apparently we're alone in this icon_lol.gif
    :facepalm: oops, I confused the names and my vote is actually under the other falcon power
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    Is there such a thing as a bad passive ability?

I would consider a 1-cover healing and heat as a bad passive ability icon_rolleyes.gif
    Anger is kind of meh without five covers too.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Patch's yellow, hands down. Of course, Wolverine has always been my #1 favorite Marvel character, so I may be just a tad bias.

To the devs: we have a 2 star.png , 3 star.png , and 4 star.png Wolverine. Still waiting on that 1 star.png with bone claws. (hint hint, wink wink) icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ha ha ha.

Again, metagame. One of the top tier characters is in use almost entirely because his passive skill is completely **** broken.

Hood should win this by a landslide. Nothing else even comes close.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I should have voted Anger instead of Energy Absorption but I wanted to give Marvel some love. Even at 4 I quite like the ability although it's harder to trigger. I have been liking Marvel/HT/Fury in PvE where the team covers the rainbow and Marvel feeds red to Torch. She can even use her own red in a pinch if no other options, same as Hulk can still put a game away with his own green without the help of LT/GSBW/whoever.
    Dormammu's Aid is OP but not broken. It doesn't win games single-handedly, the skills that are fueled by it do.
    Also voted Patch, he's a godsend for people that can't play on a mobile schedule/lack deep rosters.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Even though black and red are lesser colors compared to green, IMO cap marvel is probably better than the hulk. The animation is way longer, and more importantly triggers immediately, so even if she dies, the enemy team still has all that AP to play with if you didn't wipe them out. Also, her abilities are actually usable unlike smash and the red hulk move which is probably up there with IM40 in terms of the worst red moves in the game
  • I voted for those that I think are fun and I use a lot:

Hulk - Anger icon_hulk.png
    Falcon - Inspiration icon_falcon.png
    Doctor Octopus - Insult To Injury icon_doctoroctopus.png (Well I don't use him a lot as he's new, but it's like a back hand slap when it come out).

I would have liked to have seen Hawkeye's Speed Shot in the list as that is a nice passive skill if/when it gets activated, and much better than his Avoid skill, but there's no denying that Dormamu's Aid is the best passive and also OBW Espionage is a great 2 star.png passive skill.
  • So many great passives in this game.

Hood's passive is the clear winner.

Close behind are Anger, Daken's strike tiles and Patch's healing.

Energy Absorption is also elite. It is what makes Captain Marvel, in my opinion, a top 10 character.

Inspiration is great as well, but its conditional to having strike tiles available.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is missing my new favorite Passive -- Speed Shot.

It's awesome. Hawkeye is a regular tagalong on my teams. X-Force + Hawkeye, and someone to protect Hawkeye. I can often do a series of matches with Hawkeye never getting touched.

I can sometimes get Speedshot off 2 or 3 times in a match. Often, I've taken out high level teams solely with him.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm surprised to see Inspiration getting so few votes.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Jathro wrote:

I like it, but it's situational. Usually someone else has to put some tiles on the board before it can start kicking in. One fix for that is for him to drop minimal strength 1 special tiles when his team doesn't have any.
      Inspiration - Yellow Passive
      Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 2 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 7.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Improves friendly tiles by 8. Level 3: Improves friendly tiles by 10. If none, he creates a random special tile with strength 1. Level 4: Improves friendly tiles by 13. If one or less, he then creates a random special tile with strength 1. Level 5: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 13. If two or less, he then creates a random special tile with strength 1.
      Max Level: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 79.

With 5 covers, level 166, four yellow matches could get
      Match 1 = Strength 1 special tile.
      Match 2 = Strength 80 special tile, Strength 1 special tile.
      Match 3 = Strength 159 special tile, Strength 80 special tile, Strength 1 special tile..
      Match 4 = Strength 238 special tile, Strength 159 special tile, Strength 80 special tile.

That's not overpowered. On many teams, Falcon would currently get nothing for 4 yellow matches. With this tweak, he'd be a better support character, instead of a tagalong for Daken.

EDIT -- Decided to add in the possibility of Falcon creating up to 3 special tiles.
    • Pylgrim
      Options
      Jathro wrote:

I like it, but it's situational. Usually someone else has to put some tiles on the board before it can start kicking in. One fix for that is for him to drop minimal strength 1 special tiles when his team doesn't have any.
        Inspiration - Yellow Passive
        Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 2 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 7.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Improves friendly tiles by 8. If none, he creates a random special tile with strength 1. Level 3: Improves friendly tiles by 10. Level 4: Improves friendly tiles by 13. If one or less, he then creates a random special tile with strength 1. Level 5: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 13.
        Max Level: Improves 3 friendly tiles by 79.

With 5 covers, level 166, four yellow matches could get
        Match 1 = Strength 1 special tile.
        Match 2 = Strength 80 special tile, Strength 1 special tile.
        Match 3 = Strength 159 special tile, Strength 80 special tile.
        Match 4 = Strength 238 special tile, Strength 159 special tile.

That's not overpowered. On many teams, Falcon would currently get nothing for 4 yellow matches. With this tweak, he'd be a better support character, instead of a tagalong for Daken.

I love this idea.
      • This just made me realise how many good passive abilities there are.
      • Pylgrim
        Options
        Time for some results!

1. Dormammu’s Aid (Hood) 80
        2. Pheromone Rage (Daken) 53
        3. Healing Factor (Patch) 51
        4. Anger (Hulk) 32

5. Inspiration (Falcon) 9
        6. Redwing (Falcon) 9
        7. Energy Absorption (Captain Marvel) 6
        8. Healing & Heat (Daken) 5
        9. Insult to Injury (Doctor Octopus) 4
        10. Spider-Sense (Spider-Man) 3
        11. Life of the Party (Deadpool) 2

No "bottom" category here! All passive abilities are useful to an extent and apreciated.