The only thing more **** than mass-nerf is no respec.

Options
To quote Demiurge Al
Please keep in mind, that we are constantly finding new and interesting ways to use the characters in the game and we may insert changes to this list. Going forward, we'll do our best to keep you aware of our ongoing plans to keep the game tuned well.

Bull.

Like I said before in several topics, nerfing is a half-assed act of a pathetic excuse of a pathetic attempt to fix a problem that they don't fully understand.

But nevermind the nerfing. Where the hell is my **** tinykitty respec option?

They nerfed Classic Storm's Yellow and left us twisting in the wind without the decency to at least let us change our character set up.

A quote from Avatar. This is just pissing on us without the courtesy of calling it rain.

It's one thing to do a **** nerf. It's another thing to leave us unable to react to your **** changes.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, WE ALL WANT A RESPEC SYSTEM!

But what the hell do they do? They nerf all the characters worth a damn, and have the audacity and balls to claim that it is for our benefit.

I only have two more words to say to that.

Tinykitty you!

Comments

• Gonna respec your ragnarok from 5/5 to what exactly?
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Gonna respec your ragnarok from 5/5 to what exactly?

1/0 so he is a better on the tanking team icon_lol.gif
  • True...unless they give him a third skill which probably won't happen. Thing is...damage is done and there has been no indication of any real damage control.
  • _fulu_ wrote:

1/0 so he is a better on the tanking team icon_lol.gif

Touche'
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    _fulu_ wrote:

I think he is more po'ed about C Storm than Rags.
  • if i can unskill rag and receive the iso, hp and time that was required to bring him to a playable level....well, one can dream...right? I mean...once a man dreamed that Apartheid would be a thing of the past.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    True...unless they give him a third skill which probably won't happen. Thing is...damage is done and there has been no indication of any real damage control.

What kind of damage control would you suggest? Reverting the changes? Giving people back their money? (unlikely scenario but had to be said)

Keep in mind if a respec system is implemented it will cost HP to do so.
  • Suggestions would be to change their current behavior moving forward and to make right what was wrong in the past. Retaining current customers and maintaining new ones is key in any business, yes? These are basic steps in doing so.

I guess those who actually paid with their own money rather than mommy and daddy's credit card are the ones who feel strongly about this so far.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    Perhaps a respec for characters you build around Rag?

I think we need a respec as well, just not for the nerf but because there is limited information on how a character is going to turn out before you end up dumping iso/HP/Money into them.

I made some mistakes making my characters, one of which I didn't fully understand how the powers worked, and until I found this forum, I had NO way for me to know what the ending skills were until I bought them so I could see the next rank. Well if you buy too many, you mess up your characters. Maybe they could at least add a skills preview so you could see what the skills are on each level especially the ending skill so you can make an intelligent decision before you put money/HP/Iso into them.

I play a lot of MMO's and I have never seen a game that did't have a respec if you are doing any sort of character builds. If they made some of the skills of lesser used characters to be more meaningful, we would see a lot more variety of teams instead of the cookie cutter kinds.

I would gladly pay to respec my characters!
  • Suggestions would be to change their current behavior moving forward and to make right what was wrong in the past. Retaining current customers and maintaining new ones is key in any business, yes? These are basic steps in doing so.

I guess those who actually paid with their own money rather than mommy and daddy's credit card are the ones who feel strongly about this so far.

Actually, I work full time and have a family, and I only spend disposable income. My rags was earned and has been max level since early November. I still don't care. Nerf was expected, so I bought a hulk and Punisher icon_e_smile.gif
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Suggestions would be to change their current behavior moving forward and to make right what was wrong in the past. Retaining current customers and maintaining new ones is key in any business, yes? These are basic steps in doing so.

True it is. But players won't stop spending money because Rags got nerfed or there is no respec system. So regardless of the whines and cries of the community fan base they will continue to make money. I am in agreement that the attitude of the devs need to change, but I doubt that it will be anytime soon.

This is also true. I'm just happy that I chose to use my money from xmas to put into characters that won't be nerfed as fast. (Hulk)
  • LordWill wrote:
    I would gladly pay to respec my characters!

That is exactly what they are going to make us do. Pay money for something they should have fixed.

The scoring system is ****. Why the hell should people have their scores reduced for matches they have no control over?

But guess what did they do? Apparently, some genius dev suddenly got a brilliant idea.

"I know! Instead of fixing this problem, why don't we make the people pay us money to avoid it?!"

And that's exactly what they did. You pay money so that you scores won't drop. Even though they should be doing this for free since our tinykittying scores shouldn't be dropping to begin with!
  • A month ago I would have glady paid money for a respec option. Serious second thoughts now.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That doesn't have to be true. If they just allowed you to erase an existing cover when adding one to a maxed character, no game currency would have to change hands. You may already have spent to get that new cover, in fact.

An at-cost respec system would be better than none at all, but might be overreaching for microtransactions. I've financially supported this game, and will probably continue once in a while, but if they go too far there is a point where I will stop.
  • DayvBang wrote:

That doesn't have to be true. If they just allowed you to erase an existing cover when adding one to a maxed character, no game currency would have to change hands. You may already have spent to get that new cover, in fact.

An at-cost respec system would be better than none at all, but might be overreaching for microtransactions. I've financially supported this game, and will probably continue once in a while, but if they go too far there is a point where I will stop.

It doesn't have to be true, but it will be.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zhadum wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

We're still figuring out the details, so no promises and no ETA, but our current plan is similar to what DayvBang describes.
  • zhadum wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

We're still figuring out the details, so no promises and no ETA, but our current plan is similar to what DayvBang describes.

Thank you Will, for the communication! It's really great to see Red posts in the forums again.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Kyosokun wrote:
    Thank you Will, for the communication! It's really great to see Red posts in the forums again.
    Yes, I agree and it is good to hear that it is at the very least being taken into account for the respec system.
  • That's the best news I've heard all week.

I'm not keeping my fingers crossed though.

If their solution for the problems in their scoring system is to have people pay $ to benefit from it, I can only imagine what kind of new and creative ways of extortion they have next.
  • Hey a respec thread