This is a good jump off point for me (not due to Rags)

Options
tldr version: I hate slow games. I hate balance to the point of boring. I hate parity. I like progression. I'm a whiner.

Long version:

Obviously the devs want slower matches and more damage inflicted on your team (see: hulks passive, ares skills). Their wanting to balance everything around mediocrity too is a concern. I want to play a superhero-themed puzzle quest, not using hammer goons (ironically, i'd rather use a grenadier than ragnarok at this point). I want every hero as strong as Ragnarok, not every hero as strong as Captain America (which I feel like is what the devs are aiming for).

The past 3 months I've methodically built towards what I thought was the upper tier (Rags, Spidey, Mags, Grey Widow). You know that thing called progression? It's what drives me. But now, I feel like that sense of progression is lost. What's the point now? That RPGish quality of progression is what differentiated this from Bejeweled.

It wasn't just the Ragnarok nerf. It was the severity of the nerf and the promise of what's to come. When the dev said he thought Rags' old red should cost 12AP, that was extremely telling.

Some people would say, "forget whos top tier, play how you want to play." And to them I say, I like min/maxing. It's in my blood. Always has been. If the devs are taking that away (which it seems like they are), it's taking away my interest in this game.

Most people say Super Street Fighter 4 is the worst version of competitive SF, whereas Super Turbo and vanilla SF4 and SF3 are all held in high regard. Not coincidentally, SSF4 plays the slowest and is the most balanced of all the street fighters. It seems like this is what the devs want from MPQ.

So, it's been fun. Lots of great people in this forum. But I tried playing the Ares levels and the fire is gone. I really don't see how they could pull me back, because the direction the game is going isn't the kind of game I want to play anymore.

Shoutouts to Zathrus, Misguided, Nemek, Polkio, forgrim, Spoit, someguy, soenottelling, Ladder, fulu, and other OGs. I hope this game is still fun for you guys.

Comments

• Also if its not against the ToS i'll give away my account. L115 rag, 128 Mag, 141 Spidey, 115 Widow. 7700 HP.
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Sorry to see you go, safe travels my friend.
  • I really hope that list of people they posted is not entirely nerfs. I think Rag was too powerful (and anyone who says otherwise is dumb, that's why all of you who DID invest HP in his covers did it to begin with.... because he was overpowered). That said, I think other good characters like Wolverine and Thor are not too good, because they're very easily defeated before they can get going. I think the real problem is characters like Loki or Bag Man where it's like "What's the compelling reason to use this character?". Maybe instead of making the decent boring and mediocre instead making the bad exciting. Just a thought.
  • I'd really hate to see you go. You are one of the few decent, respectful members of the forum, and I appreciate that. I'm where you are. I've beat all the top players I can think of. Maybe this is my stop. Feels like it. Bit, I still don't want you quitting lol or Zathrus. This forum needs decent people and not just trolls and closed minded people
  • DDD,....hang in there for a week at least and see what happens. lurk on the board. i'm staying around just to see if anything will happen. if not...good luck and good travels!
  • DDD,....hang in there for a week at least and see what happens. lurk on the board. i'm staying around just to see if anything will happen. if not...good luck and good travels!

lol im the type that rips the bandaid off clean. The writing is on the wall for the direction this game is headed.
  • if you play dota...i hope to run into you there sometime. i'll bring my meepo
  • if you play dota...i hope to run into you there sometime. i'll bring my meepo

I'm an OG dota player, played from 2003-2007 =P

Was considered top 3 in North America at one point icon_e_smile.gif but that was before it really took off
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I too think it's days are numbered. Shame, felt different playing this to bejewelled. Maybe someone could do a DC version that was right and balanced from the start. Upgrades to gadgets and weaponry could be unlocked by covers. That'd be cool.
  • Try Dota2 if the urge picks up. it really does homage to the original quite well and well...they have hats!
  • Try Dota2 if the urge picks up. it really does homage to the original quite well and well...they have hats!

I am a sucker for hats but I have too much pride to suck at DOTA after 6 years away from the game icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • i'm with DDD on this, i consider this my jumping off point too, and his decision influenced mine since i agree with things he says (not all but some). probably lurk but after the changes made and realizing the slow game d3 is pushing, grinding to 1800 points for the top reward even slower now seems just like a chore.

i won't quit 100% but just lurk to see where we're going
  • I think I'm going to fire up the original puzzle quest and start a new character from scratch
  • Well, I hate to see anyone go, but good luck to whoever is leaving. Hopefully you'll be back and get to enjoy the game again once the devs fix the game to your standards and makes the game overall even more enjoyable to everyone. I hope to see you all soon.
  • I must agree that game is so slow now ... but with buffs team IM40 (4 on yellow), Spidey, GSBW is quite fast, but with buffs ...

DDD - I will miss your sweet nick name and a big value you provided on forum. Sell your account - get something for your precious time spent on this game
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With many different teams, I've managed to win a lot of 4* Wolverine covers, and I've been leveling him up steadily.

I can't abandon the game right before he gets a major boost. Also, my main focus hasn't been Rags, Mags, Spidey, Thor, Wolverine 2*, and BWGS. I've been focusing on other characters, trying to get them to work, and I've had some success. So, my entire roster (except for team nerf) is about to get a massive power increase when they finish ripping the arms and legs off the current best characters.

I'd much prefer for the devs to make more subtle changes for game balance. My main fear is that they will give my roster so much power that the game becomes even more boring than it is now.
  • I'd give it a week...see if they give out some info...but I get you on this. I've seen the changes in games too many times to not notice them here. Also, its been long enough that ice shouod be back...and without him this dev forum simply doesn't click. Salt on the wound but did you notice the progression rewards increased to obtain the same things? 1800 instead of 1400 in the hulk event for the 4****. So much for shields being used to help get those rewards. The new ares is garbage, giving the opponent ap, damaging himself, inflicting only mild damage. Add the nerfs to storm and ragnarok (and the buff to spidey being defensive) and they certainly are trying to slow the game down...and probably make ppl take more damage for use.of health packs in the process. It's a business, so I cannot blame them too much for a lot of it, but I also totally understand your feelings on the matter.

Personally the push for new cards is gone. They are mostly mediocre. I could buy my last mag I am missing (though I expect next weeks lr to be MUCH easier for me...) with built up hp and we will always be worried of a nerf. With these two current events If I placed top few I would be finishing off my punisher and hulk. Most of my 3*** would be finished then and my.drive would only be as a collector for the 4**** which is a wasted effort as while I am a completionist I have better things to do honestly than worry about 4**** garbage.

I know ill still pop it in for a little while, but when it comes to videogames once I stop pushing in them.I stop playing...and I very rarely go back to a game once I leave it. Always forward, never retreating..advance advance. Forum.itself has been slowing down sans ice/New good cards.

Well, if you are gone good luck in life, maybe ill see you on some other random message board in another life right ? Lol. I usually go as GodGator in most things so if you see that its likely me.or a doppelganger. Best of luck but hopefully you give it a little time to see if the devs have any sort of response.
  • BigMao
    BigMao Posts: 117
    Options
    DumDumDugn, it's been good talking with you over the past few days in the recent threads. The first Puzzle Quest was also the most fun for me, I had much more fun playing PQ1 compared to Galactrix and PQ2 (and the music was also the best).
  • BigMao wrote:
    DumDumDugn, it's been good talking with you over the past few days in the recent threads. The first Puzzle Quest was also the most fun for me, I had much more fun playing PQ1 compared to Galactrix and PQ2 (and the music was also the best).

Yea, Galactrix was mediocre and PQ2 was really bad. This game was almost as good as PQ1.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Good luck! We'll miss you on the board.