now i have seen everything

Options
So i was facing jamie madrox (i think thats how you spell it), lady thor/xforce/falcon and he manages to get extra red tiles for every red match he gets on defense. Of course i take out his xforce first, he only managed to have 6-7 red at this point, still high for the short amount of turns and not being many reds on the board, so that raises my suspicions, then he matches 4 red and i see 8 red on his tile update thing. My Hood takes one away, so he unleases smite....so i thought i was probably something i was overlooking, then he matches red again and he had 8 red again, not cascades a simple match, he uses smite again. I had flashbacks of the goons that were feeding juggs red tiles every turn. Unless falcon can now magically feed lady thor reds...

That was my experience, formulate whatever opinions you want, i just know it was utter ****. I managed to win, but was one turn away from another smite. Every red match by him was doubled.

Comments

• mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why were you going after Xforce first?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So i was facing jamie madrox (i think thats how you spell it), lady thor/xforce/falcon and he manages to get extra red tiles for every red match he gets on defense. Of course i take out his xforce first, he only managed to have 6-7 red at this point, still high for the short amount of turns and not being many reds on the board, so that raises my suspicions, then he matches 4 red and i see 8 red on his tile update thing. My Hood takes one away, so he unleases smite....so i thought i was probably something i was overlooking, then he matches red again and he had 8 red again, not cascades a simple match, he uses smite again. I had flashbacks of the goons that were feeding juggs red tiles every turn. Unless falcon can now magically feed lady thor reds...

That was my experience, formulate whatever opinions you want, i just know it was utter ****. I managed to win, but was one turn away from another smite. Every red match by him was doubled.
    4 Thor's charged tiles collect double AP.

It works for your matches too
  • mouser wrote:

Dont know, cause he is quicker to get rid of with my own xforce and then i dont have to worry about a surgical xforce wipeout. Works fine 19 out of 20 times.
  • fmftint wrote:

4 Thor's charged tiles collect double AP.

It works for your matches too

That would have been awesome if he wasnt collecting double even before stunning me. And the first double up i specifically remember were not charged tiles because 1) no charged tiles existed, 2) it was an L shape match 5 the ai never makes and made a match 4 of non-charged tiles instead, and i was shaking my head why the ai is so dumb until seeing he doubled his red, the joke was on me.

Regardless, such is life, this ranks up there with first and second turn abilities by the ai after simple match 3s, and having been stunned and smited many times before, this is the first time seeing double tiles generated on every matched red.
  • mouser wrote:
    Because Xforce is more dangerous. and has lower health.
  • Jamie is a total hacker and you should never go up against him. He pulls that **** all the time. I've seen him take over the AI and screw people over. He's kerazy.

Lesson learned: don't attack Jamie. We're still waiting for D3 to shut him down and his strategeries.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    Because he's playing smart
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A_B wrote:
    Jamie is a total hacker and you should never go up against him. He pulls that tinykitty all the time. I've seen him take over the AI and screw people over. He's kerazy.

Lesson learned: don't attack Jamie. We're still waiting for D3 to shut him down and his strategeries.
    I heard if Jamie beats you in a PvP match, he can copy all the music from your phone and report you to the FBI if any of it was illegally downloaded. Dude once even hacked a Gibson.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mouser wrote:

Dont know, cause he is quicker to get rid of with my own xforce and then i dont have to worry about a surgical xforce wipeout. Works fine 19 out of 20 times.

You're using Hood/Xforce against 4thor/xforce, so employing an AP denial strategy.

In my opinion, you should be killing 4thor first so your XF surgical strike still collects green after the first toon (4thor) is down, as opposed to getting red you can't use from 4thor if xforce is down first. Obviously you need to be keeping a close eye on the AI AP counts while doing this and denying Xforce his colors.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    mouser wrote:

You're using Hood/Xforce against 4thor/xforce, so employing an AP denial strategy.

In my opinion, you should be killing 4thor first so your XF surgical strike still collects green after the first toon (4thor) is down, as opposed to getting red you can't use from 4thor if xforce is down first. Obviously you need to be keeping a close eye on the AI AP counts while doing this and denying Xforce his colors.
    Which shouldn't be too hard, since as a xhood team, those are the colors you're trying to get yourself anyway
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's true. I'm a sup3r h4x0r. I sent one of my dupes to infiltrate the company as a developer and changed the game to always let me win.
  • It's true. I'm a sup3r h4x0r. I sent one of my dupes to infiltrate the company as a developer and changed the game to always let me win.

I can see someone getting that to work and it'd be so crazy nobody would believe it.
  • I attacked Jamie Madrox last night and it made me pregnant.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did he have charged tiles out, because that easily explains why he was doubling red. Remember charged tiles are worth 3 AP and not 1, so a match 3 with 1 charged tile generates 5 AP, a match 3 with 2 charged generates 7, so if he hit you with a power surge before that's probably where this was coming from.
  • now i have seen everything

But have you seen an elephant fly?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was attacked by Jamie Madrox for 50 points with a team of level 1 Yelena, 1*Hawkeye and Bagman. Worst thing is that it was not PVP, Shield or any other kind of event. Just bam! 50 points off directly from my season score and no way to retaliate.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Did he have charged tiles out, because that easily explains why he was doubling red. Remember charged tiles are worth 3 AP and not 1, so a match 3 with 1 charged tile generates 5 AP, a match 3 with 2 charged generates 7, so if he hit you with a power surge before that's probably where this was coming from.

Nope the first few matches were not charged the last one before i managed to win was. Hacker, glitch, random anomaly, rotation of the earth, global warming, zombie apocalypse, i dont really care, i just would hope the devs would be able to root out these things like the random 1st and 2nd turn ai ability uses and just fix them. Really annoying to realize you are truly being "cheated," its software, they should be able to fix it or just let me know, random stuff will happen from time to time which can occur after a million iterations of a match and the time to fix these occurences is outweighed by its overall impact.
  • dragma wrote:
    now i have seen everything

But have you seen an elephant fly?

Yes, his name was dumbo.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's true. I'm a sup3r h4x0r. I sent one of my dupes to infiltrate the company as a developer and changed the game to always let me win.
    Jamie Madrox: My name is Jamie.
    Neo: Jamie. The Jamie? That cracked the IRS D-base?
  • Dude is the only guy in the game with a maxed Gamora on his roster and not one, but two level 395 Muscle.