I need your help...

Options
KrazyKeylime
KrazyKeylime Posts: 367
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
When i first started on the forums jul 11 2014 I had a dream:
gorgehound wrote:
I've been playing since December 2013...and will say that True Healing has been the greatest improvement to the game.

It's balanced - the game should never have been what it was at the outset - OBW+Thor = done.

Seriously, how long can you stand matching blues / purples, heal and steal, then CtS? It was SO repetitive. Step out of your comfort zone...It's fun exploring new characters, create diverse teams, play around...the potential for different strategies is rich in this game, and finally there's a reason to explore them.

Before true healing, it was a cakewalk to do back to back matches non-stop...short of a nasty cascade, OBW + Thor (or later on, Ares) could take out maxed 3* teams controlled by the AI. It made no sense. I much prefer the new game with true healing.

The devs KNEW this would be an unpopular decision, but they made the right decision, IMO. It shows they care more about the integrity of the game than we give them credit for. They knew they'd lose players, and lose income. I regained my respect for them.
i wish i could down vote you so hard right now
I have been posting in the forums to try to get my reputation up to 25 so i can have the means to achieve my goal I started so long ago, but my dream goes unfulfilled.
I come to you to let you decide if my burning anger for True Healing is righteous or if I have been wasting my time on fool's errand?
The time has come to cast your judgement. lift my hammer to deal my justice or let my dreams fall to the dirt.
Let the storm begin......for winter is coming.

plus if you post here i will try to up vote you so you too can achieve your dreams

Comments

• If you really want rep, don't beg; make pandering emotional statements to the forum crowd or say something useful.

Plus, the OP in that was right. Endless prologue healing with OBW broke the intended state of the game. Downvoting something just because you disagree with it isn't the right use of down votes. With forum power comes... forum responsibility?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm so tempted to downvote the OP. SOOOO tempted! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Edit: Looks like some people did what I was holding off on doing. I wonder if this will put him at -25 rep. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    If you really want rep, don't beg; make pandering emotional statements to the forum crowd or say something useful.

Plus, the OP in that was right. Endless prologue healing with OBW broke the intended state of the game. Downvoting something just because you disagree with it isn't the right use of down votes. With forum power comes... forum responsibility?
    I tried working for it got 42 posts to my name mostly in the feed back and suggestion forum topics some with comment replies liking them but the reputation doesn't come. Besides i don't think the intend use of the game is only 20 mins at a time. I had a taste of freedom playing 2-3 hour blocks in a row.
    Also i think that is exactly what down voting is for or am i completely wrong about the concept and have been living a lie?
    Lastly, i don't tell you what to do with your reputation.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    True healing change was the best thing to happen to the game.

That time was my first and closest time to quitting. There's litterally no fun in fighting OBW in every single match...and besides, she really has no healing ability. Why not give everyone in the game a stark device then? Stupid.
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    rednailz wrote:

That time was my first and closest time to quitting. There's litterally no fun in fighting OBW in every single match...and besides, she really has no healing ability. Why not give everyone in the game a stark device then? Stupid.
    are you having fun fighting daken all the time now?
  • daibar wrote:
    If you really want rep, don't beg; make pandering emotional statements to the forum crowd or say something useful.

I tried working for it got 42 posts to my name mostly in the feed back and suggestion forum topics some with comment replies liking them but the reputation doesn't come. Besides i don't think the intend use of the game is only 20 mins at a time. I had a taste of freedom playing 2-3 hour blocks in a row.
    Also i think that is exactly what down voting is for or am i completely wrong about the concept and have been living a lie?
    Lastly, i don't tell you what to do with your reputation.
    I guess so, it took me about 100 posts before I got 25 rep. However, with the way the forum rep works, it's more geared towards casual liking, but disliking only with major cases; it's not as much like reddit or youtube where +likes has little consequence. Disliking too many posts is an easy way to find yourself under 25 again.

Less people read suggestions than general discussion, but the suggestions forums feels more generous with upvotes.
  • rednailz wrote:

I challenge your "true healing is the best thing" and raise you a "respec", which is the best thing to happen to this game. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • rednailz
    Options
    rednailz wrote:

are you having fun fighting daken all the time now?

I don't really see daken that often, either version. here and there. typically I'll leave daken for 2nd or last and just make sure I have an ablity saved to basically 1 shot him so I don't have to worry about his healing.

You can't compare the two really since OBW was almost literally every single match all the way up. and she's still useful and gets used. see her often still, so it didn't kill her off.

Same goes for sentyr nerf. Although he's pretty much useless now I'm glad teh sentry / hood wall is gone, and at least replaced with the good ol xforce wall....lol.
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    rednailz wrote:

I challenge your "true healing is the best thing" and raise you a "respec", which is the best thing to happen to this game. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_wink.gif
    I see your "respec" and i raise you anniversary tokens
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    rednailz wrote:

well that because there were only 2 healers at the time and most people didn't have enough covers in spidey to use him. but if they did dat stun lock icon_cool.gif
  • MikeHock wrote:
    rednailz wrote:

Anniversary tokens were nice and all, but they're only available for a few days out of the year. If they never implemented respec for characters, there's no way people would have stuck with this game. I win icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    rednailz wrote:

Anniversary tokens were nice and all, but they're only available for a few days out of the year. If they never implemented respec for characters, there's no way people would have stuck with this game. I win icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    aww yeah i was thinking of the recent respec of characters not the ability to respec your character nicely done.
    9iqm7.jpg
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was in a different place when true healing was implemented. I was playing what seemed like a largely casual game; and I wasn't reliably placing all that well in PVE or PVP. True healing was a tough pill to swallow at the time because it definitely felt like they were taking away my ability to 'just play' whenever I wanted and for however long I wanted.

What True Healing drove home for me (in a way that hadn't really managed to sink in up to that point) is that this is more like an arcade game than a console game. Bringing a console-game mentality my assumption was that I would just click the 'accept' button on the "Game Over" screen and go again. (Take a beating in a match, swap over to story and heal - same thing.) True healing didn't make me a powerhouse in PVP; no one running a small Spider-Man with 2* thor and wolverine is going to be killing it in PVP - even back in those days.

But if you view it more from an 'arcade' perspective. Being met with the "Game Over" screen means if I want to keep playing then its time to drop in another quarter. Having a health pack cost 50HP semi aligns with that metaphor if you figure a Stark Salary makes 50HP translate to roughly $0.25. The metaphor fails slightly since that quarter only restores one my my characters to full health, so that makes the game more like one of those "3-quarters" games.

I want to say I have matured to the point that I recognize the value that true healing brought to the game. But I have to confess that my primary PVP team for the first 400 points in any event is Patch/Daken/Loaner -- and I do still take a goon fight in story mode if Patch/Daken are looking a little low on health. That strategy isn't guaranteeing me any placement prizes though - if I want to win something that team gets swapped out in favor of something less durable, but more high-powered.
  • rednailz
    Options
    I was in a different place when true healing was implemented. I was playing what seemed like a largely casual game; and I wasn't reliably placing all that well in PVE or PVP. True healing was a tough pill to swallow at the time because it definitely felt like they were taking away my ability to 'just play' whenever I wanted and for however long I wanted.

What True Healing drove home for me (in a way that hadn't really managed to sink in up to that point) is that this is more like an arcade game than a console game. Bringing a console-game mentality my assumption was that I would just click the 'accept' button on the "Game Over" screen and go again. (Take a beating in a match, swap over to story and heal - same thing.) True healing didn't make me a powerhouse in PVP; no one running a small Spider-Man with 2* thor and wolverine is going to be killing it in PVP - even back in those days.

But if you view it more from an 'arcade' perspective. Being met with the "Game Over" screen means if I want to keep playing then its time to drop in another quarter. Having a health pack cost 50HP semi aligns with that metaphor if you figure a Stark Salary makes 50HP translate to roughly $0.25. The metaphor fails slightly since that quarter only restores one my my characters to full health, so that makes the game more like one of those "3-quarters" games.

I want to say I have matured to the point that I recognize the value that true healing brought to the game. But I have to confess that my primary PVP team for the first 400 points in any event is Patch/Daken/Loaner -- and I do still take a goon fight in story mode if Patch/Daken are looking a little low on health. That strategy isn't guaranteeing me any placement prizes though - if I want to win something that team gets swapped out in favor of something less durable, but more high-powered.

thoughtful analogy
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do want to say, I personally think it's fine to downvote a post you disagree with. Downvoting is not for something that is wrong - that's what the 'Report' function is for - it's there for you to say 'yay that's cool!' or 'nay that's fool hearty!', kind of like Reddit. I mean, it's literally called a "Reputation System" - it's a polished up popularity contest.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do want to say, I personally think it's fine to downvote a post you disagree with. Downvoting is not for something that is wrong - that's what the 'Report' function is for - it's there for you to say 'yay that's cool!' or 'nay that's fool hearty!', kind of like Reddit. I mean, it's literally called a "Reputation System" - it's a polished up popularity contest.

Creator of voting system - "Hey, you know what I miss from highschool? Popularity contests and natural segregation! We should add that to forums!" icon_lol.gif
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    Besides i don't think the intend use of the game is only 20 mins at a time. I had a taste of freedom playing 2-3 hour blocks in a row.

Really? To me, that's exactly how a mobile game was intended to be played.

Long live The Throne of MPQ!

Also, Downvotes effectively hide comments. Therefore, I feel like downvoting someone you merely disagree with is a form of censorship. I don't think that was the intent when it was implemented.
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    i play on steam as well so mobile game is not exactly accurate in some cases
  • Can I have like +7 reputation points please for no reason whatsoever?

This is the right place to ask?