Iron Fist in Prodigal Sun

Options
Unknown
Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi All,

Miles from Demiurge here. We’re trying an experiment with the release of Iron Fist, giving you extra chances to earn him.

Iron Fist is a reward in the Prodigal Sun event that starts tonight, February 24th. For the first time, we’re also adding him to the Prodigal Sun packs. Any Prodigal Sun tokens you earn, or packs you buy, will have a chance of giving you an early crack at Iron Fist. He’s in Prodigal Sun packs at the same rate as a typical 3-Star.

In the Story event following Prodigal Sun, he’ll be buffed, featured, and included in event packs, in the same way and with the same odds that characters normally are when they’re first released.

We’ll be watching how this does, and are interested to hear what you think about it.

Comments

• Cool, more chances to snag a new toy are always welcomed!
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, that guarantees higher overall participation in both Prodigal Sun and the following PvE.

Pretty good trend overall, I think.
  • cool! Can't wait.
  • More ads, this'll be fun. Can we get a skip button?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    great change -- thanks!

And yes to the above - for veterans like myself, it'll definitely encourage me to play harder in PVE for event tokens [in subs at least], in the cases when I need neither the progression rewards nor rank rewards.
  • This is certainly an interesting new twist. More casual players will get him for use in the next event's essential nodes without having to get involved in the new-character PvE grind; of course that play style is unlikely to benefit much from that advantage. Will likely just mean some of the normal top-150 crowd will have an extra cover. I like it.

I don't recall if the token nodes were new in this running of Enemy of State, or if they were there last time too, but more chances at event tokens is always welcomed, and could highlight the benefits of this change if added to more PvE events.
  • Well this is interesting. I'm definetly going to have to play to the end tier reward and seeing as how ares is likely to be powered up that shouldn't be a problem. I wonder if doom will be powered up though. That'd be glorious. It'd explain why I got so many doom covers lately(usually the trend for me is getting a ton of covers for a character right as they get powered up for pve)
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can you please making positive changes like this? The tone of the forums is going to change completely.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tredo wrote:
    Can you please making positive changes like this? The tone of the forums is going to change completely.
    Agreed, you guys have definitely stepped up your game the last few weeks in terms of proactive communication about changes and things you're trying out. There have been hiccups but it's nice to know why something is happening before it happens. Otherwise us panic-y folk think something is terribly wrong icon_e_smile.gif.
  • As long as iron fist isn't an essential for prodigal sun,
    I'm all for this change. This doesn't seem likely though as prodigal sun is all villians
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's a teeny, tiny change that should make virtually no difference. But it's still a nice step in a positive direction; thanks for that, anyway.

And it also solves the problem of newer players being told to "go buy a pack" when they don't have a featured character - only to not be able to even buy a pack that has a chance for that character.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like it! Makes it even more worthwhile to do well in the individual subs and not just overall.
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    Considering the brutal grind I envision this PVE is going to be, those lucky folks who do end up getting Iron Fist from an event token during the event can probably breathe a sigh of relief too, especially if they are one who was just going for one cover to play in the next PVE. I think it's awesome, especially if you get one and it's for a Top 10 finish, gives you a reason to not grind like made for this. Though, if you are grinding like mad, may as well go for an extra cover.

All positives I can think of for this, may even get some folks to buy packs early and snag an Iron Fist so they can coast in the event for more tokens. Lol, I'll take anything that'll lessen the grinding horde!
  • loroku wrote:
    I think it's a teeny, tiny change that should make virtually no difference. But it's still a nice step in a positive direction; thanks for that, anyway.
    Yeah, this, probably. Most people aren't going to buy packs or tokens, so it comes down to the few you get from natural game progress. At 2%ish per token, most people aren't going to see an Iron Fist cover this event. But you never know. RNGesus smiled upon me and I pulled two Cyclops covers during Enemy of the State. I say start sacrificing those goats and chickens early. Get your mojo going before the bandwagon jumpers get desperate and try their hand at pagan rituals as well. icon_razz.gif
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That sounds cool. I've had some good pulls lately. Like 15 minutes ago I got a Deadpool ( I didn't need but was happy( and then I got 1000 heropoints .... Yaaaaaaassss

When's invisible woman buff though? icon_lol.gif
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    YAASSSSSS!!!!!!

Marvel-IronFist-1-81b7b.jpg
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can call me names but these changes have me worried big time (though probally overthinking it)

Why am i worried.

first they move from an 8 hour refresh down to a 3 hour (i will admit i like the 8 hour more and more and dont want to go back so dont say im saying GO BACK TO 3 HOUR

But this move

What will be the point of playing the PVE once you earn the token and you get all of the rewards they are handing out (What is about 50% of the time in the event most grinders make it up to) Meaning if an event is 6 days long many have all of the rewards by day 3. If these same people have the tokens how many are going to keep grinding just for another cover

what has me worried is maybe they can no longer afford the bandwith needed for all of the people on at the same time and doing this to cut down on their cost ? Then again probally over thinking it.

I know the chance of pulling a token is like .07% but guess that would give me a massive 3 day break once i win everything so everything is good, as long its not They are hurting for cash
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iron Fist is good enough that I don't just want one of his covers so I can do essentials, I want 13 so I can pair him with X-Force and wreck stuff forever. So no matter how much token luck I have I'm going to keep grinding.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Iron Fist is good enough that I don't just want one of his covers so I can do essentials, I want 13 so I can pair him with X-Force and wreck stuff forever. So no matter how much token luck I have I'm going to keep grinding.

This guy is the partner Mohawk STORM needs to recklessly chip away the team at 1000 damage at a time. Hahahahahahahaha. Laughing while he keeps creating black tiles
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This guy is the partner Mohawk STORM needs to recklessly chip away the team at 1000 damage at a time. Hahahahahahahaha. Laughing while he keeps creating black tiles

Actually if you drop a hailstorm he won't make a new attack tile if his old one happens to be blown up, because there are already attack tiles on the board. I think you're better off pairing him with a strike tile generator like Daken or Blade.