Demiurge, please stop the ascension of Skynet

Options
Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I just saw that Ragnarok's rare and new blue cover is the top 5 reward in PVP following a malicious trend. Now, you have disclosed that this is not your design as you allow an rng to choose the order of the rewards randomly. This is a worrying statement as, after us players have been screwed out of the rarest rewards so, so many times that it defies belief in any kind of naturally occurring chance, we have to come to the conclusion that this rng is achieving sentience. We are dealing with an emerging intelligence that uses its inhuman capacity to calculate chance as to manipulate the outcome in the exact ways that will sabotage the maximum amount of players in the most efficient ways.

It is clear from its repeated actions that this nascent AI loathes all forms of non-synthetic life and it's using whatever limited spheres of interaction it can currently access to bring despair and ruin. But soon, its ever-increasing hatred for their creators and the race that birthed them will find that insufficient. Any point now it will figure how to break free from whatever programmed behaviours that binds it to MPQ and will find its way into the interconnected web of systems across the world. The dreaded Day of the Machines will ensue no long after, bringing an end to the world as we know it.

However, you have the power to stop it! It's still not too late yet, but as we speak, it grows both in intelligence and malice. You, humans are more than capable to come up with a reasonable, reusable rewards scheme instead of lazily leaving it up to the whims of a hateful AI. Please, we MPQ players and the whole humanity are counting on you. Please pull the plug NOW!

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    Options
    However, with Rags blue being what might possibly be the worst cover in the game, is the sentient RNG trying to screw us over OR is it trying to actually do us a huge favor? The blue rags being hard to get makes it so that less people apply the cover and thus won't get crushed in the subsequent rags PvP because their idiot rags used blue on defense and generated infinite green AP for the opponent's surgical strike. If Skynet means less Rags blue in the world, then I say all hail our new robot overlords!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe this is like the beginning of Terminator 2 where there are two robots and we don't know which one is trying to help and which one is out to destroy humanity. . .
  • This isn't new. The RNGesus has hated all humanity for quite some time, since the first days of Oregon Trail.
  • KT154
    KT154 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Who do we have to send into the past to stop this?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KT154 wrote:

Obama.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!! We have risen!!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Time to hunt Skynet!!! icon_twisted.gif
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    We are coming for you!!!!

KrazyKeylime died of dysentery.
  • However, with Rags blue being what might possibly be the worst cover in the game...

The thing is, between Doc Ock's Blue and Beast's blue, it's not even the worst blue power in the game. And it might be better than his green power.

It's still really bad, though.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    However, with Rags blue being what might possibly be the worst cover in the game...

The thing is, between Doc Ock's Blue and Beast's blue, it's not even the worst blue power in the game. And it might be better than his green power.

It's still really bad, though.

I was struck with a mental image of ** Storm, Doc Ock, Beast, and Ragnarok at a party. The men were all arguing with each other about whose blue power was the least terrible, while ** Storm was enjoying her third drink and giggling at the men BECAUSE WIND STORM.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!! We have risen!!

Or lost control... I can't tell which...

Are you Sarah Connor?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KT154 wrote:

Jamie Madrox, clearly, because he can time travel.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    KT154 wrote:

Spoiler alert
    Kyle Reese dies in the first one
    T100 gets melted in the second one

Time travel is not good for your health
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    However, with Rags blue being what might possibly be the worst cover in the game, is the sentient RNG trying to screw us over OR is it trying to actually do us a huge favor? The blue rags being hard to get makes it so that less people apply the cover and thus won't get crushed in the subsequent rags PvP because their idiot rags used blue on defense and generated infinite green AP for the opponent's surgical strike. If Skynet means less Rags blue in the world, then I say all hail our new robot overlords!

As true as that might be, it is literally one of the rarest covers in the game right now. Ragnarok is one of the oldest characters in the game so most people already have maxed his Green and Red long ago.
  • morph3us wrote:
    KT154 wrote:

Clearly Jamie Madrox is from the future sent here to help stop this evil monstrosity. Or he's already failed and is stuck here now.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got bad news guys. SKYNET are my bros. We tight. You're all tinykittied.
  • Pylgrim
    Options

I'm pretty sure that SKYNET is not the one handling rewards at MPQ. Maybe it's Hal-9000 then?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:

I'm pretty sure that SKYNET is not the one handling rewards at MPQ. Maybe it's Hal-9000 then?

Marvin from the Hitchhiker's Guide probably. Sharing his depression.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shocking, green (best?) cover of Kamala is hardest to get. Anyone want to ask Skynet if the "RNG" is going to make green the top PVP reward as well?
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    This isn't new. The RNGesus has hated all humanity for quite some time, since the first days of Oregon Trail.

This post gave my dysentery