R47 preview discussion

Options
mischiefmaker
mischiefmaker Posts: 932
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Full notes here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2631
Gameplay

• Players now have the ability to view other players’ rosters anywhere their name appears.
• Added 100 and 200 Iso-8 reward packs to PvP match rewards.

Both these changes sound pretty great. Hopefully the ability to view other players' rosters eventually turns into profiles with trophy cases, stats, achievements, etc.

Interesting that they didn't call out a fix to Patch, which I thought IceIX said was ready to go in R47.

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    What's also surprisingly missing is the skip tax that was supposedly start in R47. Though there is a bigger skip button...
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My thoughts are about the same as yours. Though, "Visual representation of Chapter Select icons has been improved"? I don't get that...
    But I am quite excited about more Iso being available during PvP, and the roster thing seems cool too icon_e_biggrin.gif
    And I too am wondering about Patch. What if they scrapped the fix and decided to leave him as is? Oooooohhhh...
    Nah.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So 100 and 200 ISO replace the 70 and 140 ISO standard PVP match rewards.

Didn't IceX say that the base rewards for fights were increasing to compensate for the skip tax "in a future update"?

EDIT: It was Demiurge_Will:
    The base Iso-8 rewards are being increased at the same time, so folks that skip less will make more.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2297
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    So 100 and 200 ISO replace the 70 and 140 ISO standard PVP match rewards.

I think think think that it means that there will now be 4 rewards possible: 70, 100, 140, 200. But I don't know for sure.
  • Yup, will have to see what happens when the patch hits.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    We're still discussing the whole skip thing internally. It's a simple server-side switch to flip either way, so while everything else is in place (like the improved rewards) we haven't pressed the button on skipping. That's not to say that it may not hit R47 prime though. So, like others say, we'll have to see.

Edit: Ahh, and yes, Patch will be all patched up for R47 as well. Hehe, punny.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have any changes to the structure of the current pve event been considered for the upcoming patch? There are a lot of issues with it currently.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    well there goes any chance of beating the 230 teams with Patch now giving them strike tiles. Can this not wait until after this tourney is over.

Also can we get confirmation on the being hidden with shield and a reduction in random boost rewards.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    We're still discussing the whole skip thing internally. It's a simple server-side switch to flip either way, so while everything else is in place (like the improved rewards) we haven't pressed the button on skipping. That's not to say that it may not hit R47 prime though. So, like others say, we'll have to see.

Any idea of the ETA for the patch droping?
  • So glad they made the rewards change, this is a great game but it's pretty clear almost everyone will hit an iso constrained wall instead of a cover wall once they get past the early game.
  • IceIX wrote:

DONT PRESS THE BUTTON!!! What an utterly despised change that will be. Can you coherently explain the positive effect a skip tax would have on anything but potentially the D3 profit margin?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Any idea of the ETA for the patch droping?
    Soon. Tomorrow? Wednesday? Still waiting on a couple last minute things to click before we push it out. We'll be pushing another R47 client-side out on this one's heels that will just fix the icky-bad hitching in gem matching/animations.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

DONT PRESS THE BUTTON!!! What an utterly despised change that will be. Can you coherently explain the positive effect a skip tax would have on anything but potentially the D3 profit margin?
    Well, people would be less likely to skip 20-30 matches trying to look for big matches worth 40+, bringing down higher scored players, and making sure none (or few) of us hit top progression rewards.
  • IceIX
    Options
    I think think think that it means that there will now be 4 rewards possible: 70, 100, 140, 200. But I don't know for sure.
    Correct, all evenly weighted. This makes the average Iso reward 127.5, up from 105 as current.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Correct, all evenly weighted. This makes the average Iso reward 127.5, up from 105 as current.

Awesome. Thanks!
  • "Fixing" Patch may be the death knell for thick as thieves. His brokenness is the only thing making this tournament playable for me right now. Or can I start retreating 50 times, instead of the 25 I'm doing now?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    "Fixing" Patch may be the death knell for thick as thieves. His brokenness is the only thing making this tournament playable for me right now. Or can I start retreating 50 times, instead of the 25 I'm doing now?
    If it makes you feel any better, my poor Bag-Man has been beaten up from retreating so often I don't think even a buff could help him. We're well aware of how substandard the experience has been with this Episode. Much like the first outing of rubber banding with Chapter 3 Heroic (10 points or 300), this one didn't work out as well in practice as it did with our smaller in-house QA/playtest bashing.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So... a request... can we wait to push out the patch until the first set up Thick As Thieves finishes? I just... Patch is so much fun in there... it will be like losing a friend.

EDIT: okay that was a massive over generalization as I have actually lost friends to tragedy and a broken character getting patched isn't even close to that.... but still... oh man he's fun to play right now.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    Thor and Wolverine nerf is implemented in this update ? Any info about their changes would be highly regarded.
  • Will there:

A) be a second run of Thick as Thieves when the first run ends?
    B) if so, will there be changes to the event to address the current issues with it?