Please OFFICIALLY comment on the Taco Token Stockpiles

Options
TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
It goes without saying that everyone is wondering which stockpiles pull from which group.....not to mention why and how our tokens were deleted in the first place.....so, can someone please let us know what us what?

Thank you, in advance.

Comments

• TLCstormz wrote:
    It goes without saying that everyone is wondering which stockpiles pull from which group.....not to mention why and how our tokens were deleted in the first place.....so, can someone please let us know what us what?

Thank you, in advance.

And now there are 3 different stockpiles as nothing moved back to current. Second the need for an official statement. Thanks.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As someone tracking it over here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817

I'd third this motion. I want to know what is going on with them, if they are updating, what the old stockpiles draw...

Once again, the threads on this would be drastically reduced if the stockpiles simply had the "?" logo and the drop rates listed there. Problem solved.

Until that time, can we get official word on what they are doing. Lots of DDQ official words would be nice, I have no idea why it was dropped with so little information. Will this event continue? Will it repeat starting with 1st ability again? When are new characters to be added?

But mostly: WHAT DO THE TOKENS DRAW? And why was the problem not corrected to the old form of one stockpile/one active token piles?
  • Remember Basher in Ocean's eleven, when his first plan to get the lights out in vegas goes to mud because the city repaired the loophole he wanted to use, because of the demolition of the hotel?
    Well, we're Basher, who hoped to get decent covers with stockpiled tokens. The hotel went down with the upload of prodigal sun and I somehow have the feeling that the devs weren't aware of this loophole until all the tickets got in. Now they fixed that and we need a pinch.

Anybody got a pinch?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't trust the stock piled Tacos. I tried to stock up and I opened 20 2*s and some HP. You're better off opening the 10 tacos at the end of the DDQ week at least that will net you 1 or 2 3*'s.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't trust the stock piled Tacos. I tried to stock up and I opened 20 2*s and some HP. You're better off opening the 10 tacos at the end of the DDQ week at least that will net you 1 or 2 3*'s.

That's just the law of averages. I've gone well into the teens on various "Heroic or better" tokens without pulling a single gold, then pulled three in a row. Computers are actually quite bad at random number generation.

I'm going to track. Either they have increased the number of "Deadpool Daily Quest" events so that there will be more stacks, or they changed the code so that Taco Tokens always get their own stack. If it is the former, then we'll see some accumulation eventually. If not, then never. Speaking for myself, I'm going to keep all my tokens at dissimilar levels to track it. Experimentation is fun!

I can definitely say the new "Deadpool Daily Quest" is a new stack, so there's at least four iterations of the event. I've got two legacy stacks at well over 10, I'm going to reduce last cycle's stack to 8 and see what happens.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options

Three weeks now, I've saved them for the week, and open them on Tuesday. ¡Vivá Taco Tuesday! And my % of hp and 3* pulls went down compared to when I opened every day. It's just statistics. I'm still going to celebrate Taco Tuesday
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still have not even gotten my 18 tokens back... still waiting on yet another reply from support. icon_cry.gif
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

Your tokens will pull from the exact same stockpile, at the exact same odds, as the group you originally won them in.

The details on this are very mundane, but I'll do my best to explain. We needed to update the IDs for tokens. This worked in our testing environment, but we missed a detail in how older event tokens are stored. When we started seeing reports, we scrambled to setup duplicate token redemption screens that point to the old IDs. That's why you see two token redemption screens for some events; they both redeem the exact same thing but they use different token IDs.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you still have questions.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

Your tokens will pull from the exact same stockpile, at the exact same odds, as the group you originally won them in.

The details on this are very mundane, but I'll do my best to explain. We needed to update the IDs for tokens. This worked in our testing environment, but we missed a detail in how older event tokens are stored. When we started seeing reports, we scrambled to setup duplicate token redemption screens that point to the old IDs. That's why you see two token redemption screens for some events; they both redeem the exact same thing but they use different token IDs.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you still have questions.

Yeah..."exact same odds as the group you originally won them in". Does that mean the odds never update, and tokens this week (pulling Colossus+) will pull those same odds forever?

Or does it mean same group in the sense that the ones that used to pull "odd week" odds will continue to update to "odd week odds"?

Is there anyway to tell the old stockpiles apart anymore?
  • At the very least, is there a way we could get the little "?" with the token odds on the stockpiles? That would solve the problem forever, essentially.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    At the very least, is there a way we could get the little "?" with the token odds on the stockpiles? That would solve the problem forever, essentially.

This would be very, very nice (and help everyone out both here and those that wonder and never come in-forum)
  • Malcrof wrote:
    I still have not even gotten my 18 tokens back... still waiting on yet another reply from support. icon_cry.gif

You should PM Hi-Fi, as I think most of the tokens were auto restored. If yours are still missing maybe he can fast track support.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

You should PM Hi-Fi, as I think most of the tokens were auto restored. If yours are still missing maybe he can fast track support.

Could't find anyone by that name when i did a search.

Edit: Found him, used the wildcard, thank you very much, message has been sent.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Could't find anyone by that name when i did a search.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=53917
  • Demiurge_Kabir
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Yeah..."exact same odds as the group you originally won them in". Does that mean the odds never update, and tokens this week (pulling Colossus+) will pull those same odds forever?

Or does it mean same group in the sense that the ones that used to pull "odd week" odds will continue to update to "odd week odds"?

The latter.
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Sorry, no.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

The latter.
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Sorry, no.

Ok, so there are still 2 rotating draws, but putting the tokens in the same stockpile is no longer a thing? That seems like an awfully weird change.
  • SnowcaTT
    Options
    I took it to mean this:

Stockpile A : still 50, no way to differentiate from stockpile B. Will have "even" week draw percentage. (from rounds 2/4/6/8/10)
    Stockpile B : still 50, no way to differentiate from stockpile A. Will have "odd" week draw percentage. (from rounds 1/3/5/7/9)
    Stockpile C : 20 (continuing to grow), "odd" week draw percentage. (rounds 11/13/15....), currently stockpiled, active next round (13).
    Stockpile D : 20 (continuing to grow), "even" week draw percentage. (rounds 12/14/16...), currently active, stockpiled next round (13).

There just isn't any way to know which of your stockpiles is A and which is B unless you had different amounts in them already. I may have to pull one out of C and two out of D just so this doesn't happen again.

The technical part I don't really get is stockpile A and B still exist, they point to C and D (respectively), but they didn't ADD to C and D. So they still must have different ID's?
  • Ok, I guess I will give it 5 more days and see what happens. Luckily My A and B stockpiles are distinguishable by that one time I forgot to do the 2* nodes that one day so it has 39 tokens.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,513 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually, I'm not even sure he's saying that. I think he was saying that even though we saw two screens, there was only one set of odds? I don't think I had any real splurges of token opening, so I couldn't say for sure this wasn't the case.

I'm confused, to be sure.
  • Follow-up question: will the stockpiles re-integrate into the current weeks like they used to? Or will we continue to have a shifting number of stockpiles?