Avengers vs Ultron event info

Options
Demiurge_Kabir
Demiurge_Kabir Posts: 69
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
We’re launching a brand new feature that lets you and your alliance team up against a major boss character! In Avengers vs Ultron, you and your alliance will work together to stop Ultron and his Sentries from destroying humanity.

Alliance Gameplay
In order to enjoy this event, you’ll need to join or start an alliance.

Please be careful when switching alliances before this event. Before you start playing, you’ll be asked if you want to play this event with your current alliance members:
rvtgY_cQKeCXFUft2kjLNH6e8-GrRLN9z3xypIulumv-9VFcDNEJUHy_87CPxQMBJfxAx9dkZv7hNJd502lDCLUKTuRW6cK3osUlGj3kxt-TaSZFjWZrf-i8gfZzSo3Z1kLW84g
This event is for 20 players. If you join a new alliance, and 20 people are already playing under that alliance’s name, you’ll start a new event by yourself and won’t be able to play with your current alliance. When you join the event, we recommend posting in alliance chat so new alliance members know how full the event is. If you are a commander of your alliance and your leaderboard has 20 members, consider making your alliance private so no one accidentally tries to join a full event. This is very important.

Event Structure
This event takes place across two Chapter buttons, “Avengers vs. Ultron” and “Ultron Prime”.

In the Avengers vs Ultron Chapter, you’ll see a large Ultron mission pin surrounded by five Survival mission pins:
3z2E0JnJQ60mdYF_kqL8DjS4TQnc_B7LPOTG31FVyrgFcFuUmlOzTcXNscyUUKSErz1ztcFkOOahjJt0edHRD3Rpc2-f9TskgNWppe0B6tQTS-bj-dPC0ETPbm76rllCW6S-m-Y
In the large mission pin, you’ll compete against Ultron. After this match,
  • Ultron’s health at the top will go down based on the amount of damage you and your alliance does to him, even if you lose the match.
  • This mission pin will enter cooldown for 8 hours or until you beat one of the surrounding mission pins.
To reset the cooldown immediately, you’ll need to beat one of the Survival missions surrounding the large pin. In these missions, you’ll need members of the Avengers on your roster to beat Ultron’s Sentries. If a mission requires Hawkeye, you can use any version of Hawkeye you have in your roster.

Once your alliance defeats Ultron by depleting his health bar, his health will reset and you’ll unlock a new mission in the Ultron Prime chapter against: Ultron Prime! There are 8 missions in the Ultron Prime chapter. You and your alliance will work together to complete as many missions as you can against Ultron Prime!

Enemy types
In the Avengers vs Ultron, you’ll fight against Ultron, Ultron’s Sentries and Ultron Prime.

Ultron
The large mission pin is a fight against Ultron. Ultron doesn’t swap tiles, and has no active Powers. Instead, during his turn, a tile in the top row becomes a Drop tile, and then the bottom row of tiles explode. If the Drop tile reaches the bottom row, it will detonate, causing damage to your entire team. Remove these tiles from the board through matching or abilities to avoid this damage! Ultron also cannot be stunned, so the only thing that can stop him from creating more Drop tiles and destroying the bottom row is if you defeat him.

Ultron Sentries
The pins surrounding Ultron feature fights against Ultron’s Sentries. Ultron Sentries can match tiles, but only have Passive abilities. When fighting an Ultron Sentry, when a new tile is added to the board, there is a chance it could become an enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tile. The different kinds of Sentries (Gunner, Flyer and Fighter) each create a different kind of Special tile.

Each of the Sentries also have an additional Passive ability which either helps them add more tiles to the board or take advantage of the tiles that are there. Fight against the Sentries to learn more about their particular strengths and weaknesses.

Ultron Prime
Each Round of Avengers Vs. Ultron unlocks a battle against Ultron Prime and his Sentries. Ultron Prime has 3 deadly abilities:
  • Energy Beams is an active ability that deals damage to your entire team.
  • Gravitational Force is an active ability that creates 3 Countdown Tiles. When they detonate, they each drain some AP from the player’s strongest color, and stun the character in front.
  • Hive Mind is a Passive ability. At the start of Ultron Prime’s turn, he chooses a random friendly Strike, Protect or Attack tile, over-writes it with a new strength and then creates a copy on an adjacent Basic tile.
Hive Mind also prevents Ultron Prime from becoming Stunned.

Rewards
What do you and your alliance get for defeating Ultron and saving the world? Lots of cool rewards!

Throughout the event, you’ll be earning tokens for Ultron Reward Packs, which could contain new characters or other rewards, including 10,000 Iso-8 and 2900 Hero Points.

As you deal damage to Ultron, you’ll earn progression rewards, both from the current round of “Avengers vs. Ultron”, and from the overall event.

Defeating Ultron Prime will get you tokens for Ultron Reward Packs and, for those Alliances that reach the final three rounds, a new character.

And there are lots of mission rewards in the “Avengers vs. Ultron” rounds, too, including more tokens for Ultron Reward Packs, Iso-8, and Hero Points.

Still hungry for more info? Check out this video with the design team:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGGLQV1k0Is

You can find this FAQ and more content in our in-game FAQ, by tapping the Help button in Settings.

Comments

• Woo Hoo!

Haven't even played it yet, but I'm just going to throw this out there. Can we get way more events like this one for new characters please? Pretty Please?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Woo Hoo!

Haven't even played it yet, but I'm just going to throw this out there. Can we get way more events like this one for new characters please? Pretty Please?

I really REALLY hope this is the new PVE and they dont go back, Just think 9 days of this and then bamm back to grinding for hours on end if they bring back the old PVE Blah. would rather have this all the time
  • Can't wait to kick some shiny metal ****!
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    I feel like a kid on Xmas eve. I can't wait to get into this event.
    Notice that Ultron Prime is designed to stop the Heroes for Hire helping out.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Options
    In before the inevitable complaints about something begin.

This looks awesome. Can only imagine how much work has been going into getting it ready - appreciate it!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds awesome but my only question is.. why isn't 2* Black Widow one of the powered up characters? She is the most important character in the game and I was going to rely on her alot.. does this mean she is locked out?
  • In these missions, you’ll need members of the Avengers on your roster to beat Ultron’s Sentries. If a mission requires Hawkeye, you can use any version of Hawkeye you have in your roster.

I just sold 2* Hawkeye to make room for Quicksilver on my roster. If we're expected to keep all these characters on hand just in case they're required in the future, maybe roster slots should cost less.

Very excited about everything else though.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    In these missions, you’ll need members of the Avengers on your roster to beat Ultron’s Sentries. If a mission requires Hawkeye, you can use any version of Hawkeye you have in your roster.

I just sold 2* Hawkeye to make room for Quicksilver on my roster. If we're expected to keep all these characters on hand just in case they're required in the future, maybe roster slots should cost less.

Very excited about everything else though.

Id love to see you able to play the node, but short a spot (so 2v?) rather than locked out.
  • Wow, looks kool, Sheesh between this and my other game (Contest of Champions) I am gonna have no free time.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You could always use 1* Hawkeye instead. It should be easy enough to get at least one cover by playing some PvP or Simulator.

And I agree that this event looks like a lot of fun. And I'm extra stoked for it after seeing Age of Ultron earlier tonight.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the info, looks like a blast!
  • Sounds awesome but my only question is.. why isn't 2* Black Widow one of the powered up characters? She is the most important character in the game and I was going to rely on her alot.. does this mean she is locked out?

Makes sense. I looked it up and obw is from x men first class (as shown on the cover) and did not have to deal with ultron.
    reference: http://www.comicvine.com/x-men-first-cl ... 00-126174/
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    Sounds awesome but my only question is.. why isn't 2* Black Widow one of the powered up characters? She is the most important character in the game and I was going to rely on her alot.. does this mean she is locked out?

I don't think any characters are locked out, she simply won't be buffed.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

I hope you're right but I am thinking this will play more like Heroics. But if we can still use her, why is she the only one not buffed? They could of left off GSBW, since at least she got the health buff recently.
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    Mrx0 wrote:

Makes sense. I looked it up and obw is from x men first class (as shown on the cover) and did not have to deal with ultron.
    reference: http://www.comicvine.com/x-men-first-cl ... 00-126174/

I thought the same thing, which does suck if we cannot use her.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Let's be honest though; it's an event based around evil robots who don't gather AP or lay countdowns - why exactly would anyone use OBW?
  • Der_Lex
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

I hope you're right but I am thinking this will play more like Heroics. But if we can still use her, why is she the only one not buffed? They could of left off GSBW, since at least she got the health buff recently.

I think they wanted max 2 versions of each character to be playable. 4* Thor isn't buffed either. They probably picked the two versions of each character that has 3 that are closest to their film incarnations.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    My reading of the rules in the ultron chapter suggests this won't be a heroic event limited strictly to avengers characters. instead, the 14 listed characters will be boosted. However, it appears there will be a number of essential nodes, meaning that alliance members with the ability to unlock those essential missions should focus on those nodes first.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:
    Let's be honest though; it's an event based around evil robots who don't gather AP or lay countdowns - why exactly would anyone use OBW?

They said the sentries do match tiles. Plus healing in survival waves is helpful.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    Just for clarification, it doesn't look like Time Slices are in effect since there is no "competition" and is more a "play at your own Alliance pace" kinda thing like Gauntlet? Alliance goal is just to beat Ultron and his minions down until all nodes unlocked, we win tokens, maybe HP/ISO, covers at the end and profit?