So, uh, I don't think Demiurge really tested the passives

Options
DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I already commented in another thread that they apparently failed basic math with the Core Fuckyou skill for the Gunner. Now I notice the "basic tile" appellation for Hive Mind overwriting my attack tiles. THOSE ARE NOT BASIC TILES WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ultron cares not for your in game descriptions.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think they tested...

anything...

ever
  • The count of EPE (errors per event) only seems to increase on this one.
  • But they did make sure the swarm "pop of tiles" generates loving cascade after cascade for the cpu.

That feeling when you know it will be 45 seconds before your turn again...
  • Does Gunners only need 7 special tiles to do Core Meltdown as opposed to 8 (which would be more than 7) or something? If so, that'd mean I'm not as bad at counting as I thought.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    I already commented in another thread that they apparently failed basic math with the Core tinykitty skill for the Gunner. Now I notice the "basic tile" appellation for Hive Mind overwriting my attack tiles. THOSE ARE NOT BASIC TILES WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING
    You thought Ultron would play fair?

Waste of Flesh!

tumblr_mzj4qnd2gW1qed4mgo1_1389935039_cover.jpg

PS: D3 is also the company who thought it was a good idea to have you stop fighting Ultron once you "beat him" leaving your own alliance in a lurch. Yep.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Does Gunners only need 7 special tiles to do Core Meltdown as opposed to 8 (which would be more than 7) or something? If so, that'd mean I'm not as bad at counting as I thought.

Yeah, Core Fuckyou has been firing on 7 special tiles. I had a board with 8 tiles, matched one off, core meltdown immediately spawned and blew me up (there were no fighters, so there was no swarm to generate more special tiles).

The Gunners treat seven as "more than seven" and Ultron Prime is like "everything's a basic tile what are you talking about"
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe the paasives are fine and working as designed and intended and the guy who wrote the description blurb is wrong? Mabe they lack proofreading rather than what we would normally consider 'testing'.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ultron says,

"There are no strings on me now."
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Ultron says,

I almost fell out of my chair icon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Does Gunners only need 7 special tiles to do Core Meltdown as opposed to 8 (which would be more than 7) or something? If so, that'd mean I'm not as bad at counting as I thought.

Yeah, Core tinykitty has been firing on 7 special tiles. I had a board with 8 tiles, matched one off, core meltdown immediately spawned and blew me up (there were no fighters, so there was no swarm to generate more special tiles).

The Gunners treat seven as "more than seven" and Ultron Prime is like "everything's a basic tile what are you talking about"

Maybe to Ultron Prime, special tiles are just basic tiles since he generates them by the truckload.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Maybe the paasives are fine and working as designed and intended and the guy who wrote the description blurb is wrong? Mabe they lack proofreading rather than what we would normally consider 'testing'.

Proofreading should be part of QA testing. SOMETHING is clearly wrong, either the ability function or the description of the ability function. The two need to match.

Although I do find it amusing that Ultron thinks everything is a basic tile because special tiles are not special.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I vote to rename tinykitty "swarm". I can't tell you how many times I swore after seeing that power destroy my strike or protect tiles.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    Ultron says,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra1sBRLRFtc
  • Many years ago during the early days of Star Trek Online, there was a rumor that its development team Cryptic studios had only a handful of people on staff. Now I dunno if this story was true or not but apparently one forum-ite learned that the staff were down at the local Starbucks in Austin. eagerly the forum-ite went down to the cafe and asked the waiter working there is it true that the cyrptic studios team were all there, the waiter apparently said yea ""they're all here" and nodded to small table where only a couple of people were sat there. Again I dunno if the story is true it was a rumor that floated around for a long time...

It would not surprise me if D3 didn't consist of more than dozen people, although the game isn't as complex as an MMO, given the potential size of the D3P team, do you really think they got the manpower to do a lot of testing? GIven how the tend to nerf stuff over and over, again, does this give you the impression they test things thoroughly even before this event?

The passives are very inconsistent, some combinations are weak but these are few, but other combinations are way too powerful, as I stated elsewhere consistent multiple casscades per AI turn. It's like the AI is finally getting their own back on players who once used the prenerfed Spiderman and CMag
  • Many years ago during the early days of Star Trek Online, there was a rumor that its development team Cryptic studios had only a handful of people on staff. Now I dunno if this story was true or not but apparently one forum-ite learned that the staff were down at the local Starbucks in Austin. eagerly the forum-ite went down to the cafe and asked the waiter working there is it true that the cyrptic studios team were all there, the waiter apparently said yea ""they're all here" and nodded to small table where only a couple of people were sat there. Again I dunno if the story is true it was a rumor that floated around for a long time...

It would not surprise me if D3 didn't consist of more than dozen people, although the game isn't as complex as an MMO, given the potential size of the D3P team, do you really think they got the manpower to do a lot of testing? GIven how the tend to nerf stuff over and over, again, does this give you the impression they test things thoroughly even before this event?

The passives are very inconsistent, some combinations are weak but these are few, but other combinations are way too powerful, as I stated elsewhere consistent multiple casscades per AI turn. It's like the AI is finally getting their own back on players who once used the prenerfed Spiderman and CMag

I'd estimate the MPQ team as 1 coder, 0 testers, 3 artists (doubling as designers), a dozen excel-sheet engineers and some managers. Err, and also someone maintaining the server but the coder might be doubling there. trap.png
  • pasa_ wrote:
    I'd estimate the MPQ team as 1 coder, 0 testers, 3 artists (doubling as designers), a dozen excel-sheet engineers and some managers. Err, and also someone maintaining the hamster farm but the coder might be doubling there. trap.png

Fixed that for you.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options

But.....the AI doesnt even need the AP for most (or all?) of their skills. That's just insult to injury.